2018 Atcc/bathurst Proxy

David Carter

Hi Dave

Falcon entries appear to be a bit common - put me down for a Dick Johnson Sierra - I'll put a skunk stripe on it to differentiate from Chas's.

good on you Mike

your on the list

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Also, the FK-180 baby sprinter is a 17k long can, A's is the Spanish NSR. Would these be acceptable at all?

both of those cars sound awesome

baby sprinter sounds fine but the NSR Spanish king is a 19k, the NSR Baby king is 17k

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

entry list to date

David carter - Ford XY GTHO #63E Bill Brown

Gas41T - Ford Falcon XC/XB

Munter- Ford XY GTHO

capri-corn7 - Ford Capri MK1

Aloha - Ford Falcon XB #2 Allan Moffat

Terry - Ford Falcon XC/XB

Peter Gunn - 67-68 Chevy Camaro

Drew Vessy - XB/XC falcon

Wobble - 69 Camaro

Chas - Ford Sierra to be confirmed

jimmyslots 1950 - Volvo

Ontheflipside - 69 chevy Camaro

Difiity - to be confirmed

Orakieracer - Ford Sierra Dick Jonhson

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

David,

I think I’ve worked out my entry - pending how how I go on build:

Narrow class - EH Holden, A9X or LC GTR

Wide class - HT Monaro

I could enter a cutdown womp chassis if that works, use an MJK or build a brass/wire. Motors will be SRP, Fly or a baby sprinter...

Tony

David,

I think I've worked out my entry - pending how how I go on build:

Wide class - HT Monaro

I could enter a cutdown womp chassis if that works, use an MJK or build a brass/wire. Motors will be SRP, Fly or a baby sprinter...

Tony

Sorry to be the fly in your ointment but you might need to check the rules concerning MJK style chassis'.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

David,

Wide class - HT Monaro

Tony

Sorry to be the fly in your ointment but you might need to check the rules concerning MJK style chassis'.

That’s ok. While noting the chassis rule does not specify the material the MJK chassis is made of, I’m not sure I’d equate it with ‘an advanced chassis’ design - eg my International 1/32 class laser cut flex chassis...

I do note that the MJK EH and Valiant S are a kit RTR, and are a complete model on assembly.

Happy if the decision is that I need to make something else though. Please confirm if this is the case ASAP so I can get started though...

David,

Wide class - HT Monaro

Tony

That's ok. While noting the chassis rule does not specify the material the MJK chassis is made of, I'm not sure I'd equate it with 'an advanced chassis' design - eg my International 1/32 class laser cut flex chassis...

I do note that the MJK EH and Valiant S are a kit RTR, and are a complete model on assembly.

Happy if the decision is that I need to make something else though. Please confirm if this is the case ASAP so I can get started though...

I don't know that much about the MJK chassis as I have not had anything to do with them

what are they made from and do you have a pic of your chassis so I can see what it is

I will make a decision from there

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi David. The MJK chassis I know is metal. I know they are used in Aussie V8's in Perth. No doubt somebody else will be able to confirm this.

I have ordered my red Ultra Sierra so confirm my entry for same. Did consider the yellow one but it was $10 dearer. Us retired people have to consider the pennies.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

MJK Engineering RTR kit. Comes with a 1/32 aluminium or light steel 3 piece chassis, motor, tyres, interior etc.

the chassis is similar to a plastic Sebring only in metal.

Consists of a centre bone, a front axle and guide mount and an h-plate to attach the body mounts to and a bracket to hold an s-can motor in either inline or angle mount. There is a metal bracket designed to hold the rear bearings in - this and all the other parts are screwed up right together to solid - this is not a pod style floating chassis - more like the Penelope Pitlane folded chassis.

Pics are:

22D4C82C-24C6-430D-B5FA-EFE2DB801C38_zpsfmikuyuz.jpg

06A4A93B-69E9-4054-B5AF-83BA91301AC7_zpsaluqvbfn.jpg

0CAC5C90-210B-474D-8D90-4A81B5E9AACC_zps67kyvikq.jpg

6D3ECF8A-0065-49F1-A165-D7BF00FEDB21_zpsltdsi6ta.jpg

60C5A519-BCEA-4C3B-9D9E-D325622333FB_zpsbvvpywqx.jpg

FE2146EF-357E-4CD2-A8E6-AA705EB9FAC1_zpsh7v7wmkk.jpg

14FEA7E5-D501-404B-9966-A34FD8718D84_zpsaptv5g5s.jpg

E2EA0871-1305-4585-AF7C-6EE0D874BAA0_zpscbu98hck.jpg

Nice looking kit difinity.

I've been fluffing around with this to see if I can't get it going as well as my XB. Guide to back axle is about 5-6mm longer than the XB and rear track is about 3mm narrower. All up weight is about 80gm, 8 less than the XB and sitting on a Pioneer Charger chassis. There's a Camaro waiting in the wings if this doesn't cut the mustard.

DSCF5650.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Thanks.

I didn't know the Galaxie raced here in the Armstrong/Gallagher/Hardie Ferado 500 & 1000 though.

I've got one with the original chassis. Goes pretty well really. Just ain't got no brakes...

There was one in the '65 Sandown race but it didn't get to the finish line. It makes an appearance at about 2:30.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

MJK Engineering RTR kit. Comes with a 1/32 aluminium or light steel 3 piece chassis, motor, tyres, interior etc.

the chassis is similar to a plastic Sebring only in metal.

Consists of a centre bone, a front axle and guide mount and an h-plate to attach the body mounts to and a bracket to hold an s-can motor in either inline or angle mount. There is a metal bracket designed to hold the rear bearings in - this and all the other parts are screwed up right together to solid - this is not a pod style floating chassis - more like the Penelope Pitlane folded chassis.

Pics are:

that chassis looks fine to me Tony go for it

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Nice looking kit difinity.

I've been fluffing around with this to see if I can't get it going as well as my XB. Guide to back axle is about 5-6mm longer than the XB and rear track is about 3mm narrower. All up weight is about 80gm, 8 less than the XB and sitting on a Pioneer Charger chassis. There's a Camaro waiting in the wings if this doesn't cut the mustard.

DSCF5650.jpg

looks cool Bram just remember the livery rule

fantasy liveries are allowed but must be of the time period in which the model of car raced in

​sponsorship wasn't allowed until 1968

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

looks cool Bram just remember the livery rule

fantasy liveries are allowed but must be of the time period in which the model of car raced in

​sponsorship wasn't allowed until 1968

No worries Dave, it'll resemble this, a nice simple livery.

Mark0113_Galaxieimage01.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg