difinity

Urgent - Admin: Site Blocked By Telstra As Harmful

I received a blocked message from BigPond today - claims the site may contain virus, spam and spyware.

Please investigate and correct if there is a risk.

Please talk to Telstra about why they have blocked the one forum I actually read...

Yes I'm going off at them right now tony

Telstra has block me from getting on the forum I had to use my 4g to write this .... not fu#king happy

Rossko

You will find this is a Google Chrome issue, site works fine if you use IE ( well for me it does ).

There are many tutorials on how to remove the deceptive site warnings .

https://www.google.c...lJL_UgGrN_WjVDA

Hope this helps

It could also have something to do with the site certificate ?

FWIW im also on Telstra

Edited by Benno

I use my iPhone so google chrome Is not the issue , I just tried IE and the same thing happens the Telstra page comes up on ALL my devices , laptops to iPads to iPhone to Samsung phone

IM WAITING ON TELSTRA TO CALL ME BACK AS ITS BEEN PUT THROUGHT AS PRIORITY

I use my iPhone so google chrome Is not the issue , I just tried IE and the same thing happens the Telstra page comes up on ALL my devices , laptops to iPads to iPhone to Samsung phone

IM WAITING ON TELSTRA TO CALL ME BACK AS ITS BEEN PUT THROUGHT AS PRIORITY

You made me just realise that i was using my VPN, once i disconnected from it, i too got the TELSTRA malicious page

Thanks Rossko. I'm on iPhone too.

Glad not to have to spend days on the phone to fix this...

Telstra are still paying my bigpond bill after they breached contract a few months ago...

Not a problem on Vodafone and iPhone either. Just bloody Telstra. Whirlpool notes significant blocking issues with Telstra and reusing damaged IP addresses going back to 2012...

I got the same problems with safari on the iPad, lucky I've got the iPhone with another provider.

It's happening for me on one other forum aswell.

I logged in again, and got the same warning, clicked the ignore button, then was given the opportunity to comment that the site (Auslot) was safe, which took me to a comment box. I filled it in and submitted it.

Has anyone else seen that?

:huh:

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

I logged in again, and got the same warning, clicked the ignore button, then was given the opportunity to comment that the site (Auslot) was safe, which took me to a comment box. I filled it in and submitted it.

Has anyone else seen that?

:huh:

Just did the same

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

I suspect it's related to the annoying redirect that happens when clicking on an auslot link in google.

Micheal - I'm having trouble connecting directly from my iPhone. Got nothing to do with a redirect from here as far as I can tell.

Is likely though that the server has picked up a hack or virus - admin need to address that. The other thing Telstra is in trouble with (as before, refer Whirlpool) is reusing previously blocked dynamic IPs to forward server to server. Not at all sure where Auslit stands today on this...

Seems okay today on Firefox

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Happened to me on safari on my Mac changed to Chrome still the same (slightly different message). Altered settings in Chrome now OK.

Alan

This has been a background problem for quite some time, it is just that chrome has caught up in realtime now.

It used to be the case that if you searched a topic on auslot such as "zegas rally track", for instance, from a search engine and you clicked on the search link relating to auslot.com you got redirected to an adult site.

I know note that no auslot searches come up in chrome now, totally block from search engine.

The same search in IE comes up top of list and link is pure rubbish, still redirects to adult website "url4short.info".

I am convinced it is the name "Auslot". I think google has taken the "slot" part as relating to slot machines, and the .com part as being an international website, therefore as the site is not registered with the relevant gaming authorities is labelled dangerous.

IMO

Regarding Chrome.

It is being blocked because the latest version of chrome, which updates automatically, is turning on "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites".

This can be turned off in the settings --> advanced --> privacy and security --> Protect you and your device from dangerous sites

You will have to be more acute with your surfing though, like in the old days.

The only way to remove this now would be to change the forum to either another name, not recommended as it has a good reputation, or we chip in and get a .com.au address link which costs me around $35/yr for hosting my address.

Or use a different browser, but I am guessing that the other browsers will catch up soon as well as governments are pushing the internet based companies to self regulate more with the threat of being regulated by governments.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

I had it blocked at the office by our Web filtering service (Fortiguard). It was fine at home.

I contacted Fotigurd and they have changed the category from Phishing to Newsgroups and Message Boards.

And here it is working fine again.

Alan Stubbings