Race Program With Fuel Stops

Perro

Does anyone use or know of a good race software program that has a refueling feature. The one I have used while I was in Melboure some years back used a bar graph for fuel usage. The faster a car was driven the quicker the bar graph would deminish and the need to refuel. So over the course of lets say a 25 lap event with a average lap time of 12sec the car would need to refuel every 5 laps. If you managed to cut lap times in the 11sec mark then the refuel would come up on approx lap 4 therefore forcing you to refuel more often. To refuel the car was stopped over a sensor over the start/finish line and in about 4 sec the bar graph would recharge to full. You could also take off before the full refuel and sort of splash and dash if the full fuel race distance was not required. If you tried to squeeze all the fuel out of the tank and ended up running out half way through the lap the lane powered down for a predetermined time (roughly a little longer than say a full refuel in time) and then only half power was availble until you refuelled again.

I thought it was a great feature that would add a need for some strategy as well as the need for speed into slot racing. All the variables such as number of pit stops for fuel and length of time for running out and refill time were able to be input by the user. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

I use RMS at the moment which is pretty limited, something like this would be so much better! If I could get something like this, and knew how to write programs (with sensor activated motors etc) I have a great idea for a pit scene with pit crew/jacks etc, but until I learn how to make it work or know someone who could help me and we both use/benifit from it......it's only a dream

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Perro, I believe the guys at the Victorian Scaley club have that sort of software. Jurgen's been telling me about it but of course I don't have a track yet so I haven't really looked at it properly. Got to do other stuff first like get myself organised!! :(

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

How do you get onto the Vic Scaley club? I'd be interested in this software. Is this guy using it:?

http://www.slotforum.com/resources/Layouts...SLEAT/index.htm

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I'm really not certain Gref. Best way to contact them that I know is through Jurgen at Slotcar Heaven. There's info on the club on his website.

Slotcar Heaven

He's about here someplace so PM him if you need to.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Contact Bryan Brown at Yarker Memorial raceway

For $10 US you will get a package of about 10 programs including a lemans type refueling program

I run it for enduro type events and it works well

I'm yet to try the latest version which allows you to adjust the refuelling rate so that refueling costs even more laps

when you run it with set pit windows where the track power drops voltage or turns off it makes strategy even more important

Keep it in the groove

Pete

Thanks for all the help Pete. I'll give it a whirl and let you know how it all pans out. I think Armchair has a system as well but it has quite a considerable cost attached with it as well when compared to the system you have recommended.

It would be ideal if the fuel burn rate while driving was connected to the amount of volts used to drive the car as the faster you go doesn't mean you use more 'fuel'. Smoother drivers would have an advantage over those who use lots of wheel spin or running NC1's might require less pit stops to those running other higher revving rpm motors.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

It would be ideal if the fuel burn rate while driving was connected to the amount of volts used to drive the car as the faster you go doesn't mean you use more 'fuel'. Smoother drivers would have an advantage over those who use lots of wheel spin or running NC1's might require less pit stops to those running other higher revving rpm motors.

This is availiable but not without some expence and complicated interfaces

I contacted the group in the UK and it was about $500 from memory for the software and interfaces

It looked neat but I think I'll stick with the time based software

It's not the ideal but I think it helps with parity as any car whichisd consistently lapping faster than the class average will be penalised and if you do what I do and run set pit windows the stratregy is in only picking up enough fuel to make it to the pit window and not any more

Its all good fun

Keep it in the groove

Pete