Excellent news, good luck team Greece

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

There is some good news and some bad news.First the bad news,the 2 permanent stages ,mountain top and Chaitas racing garden cannot be used because they are made of SCX track and the guides bottom out.

The good news is that tonight we raced the 2 outer lanes of Nick's wood track clockwise and and here are the results of the red lane Nick driving:

37021904592_b9d698b435_z.jpg

r9 stage 1 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

I started uploading photos but it will take some time

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Photos are here https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8BwCJR

90% of the deslots happened here

37022285822_895b9e838d_k.jpg

CIMG5859 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Nick's track

24946582581_ab860aa3c8_z.jpg

IMG_2119 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

25039876635_84c3424419_k.jpgIMG_0214 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

24744317030_9ac86116fc_z.jpg

IMG_2069 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

24409243744_21c4830acf_z.jpg

IMG_2090 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

24744316410_1842d25f2c_z.jpg

IMG_2093 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

24946581331_1bd34dc862_z.jpg

IMG_2096 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Well done Branco. Also Ben in another Metro. Congrats to Alexis and other podiumites but of course early days yet.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Good running Alexis and congrats on a home win in stage 1 , shame about the 2 SCX rally tracks always created a lot of interest on those in the past, pleased with a 4th and i think the fastest lap , have to sort out the deslots on that car seems to be a thing where ever it runs , and Rossko i to would be extremely happy if my car ran like yours does consistently at the top .

SS2 me driving

36365264164_c9707810ed_z.jpg

r9 stage 2 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

I have a couple of comments on the cars,As you possibly can understand from the photos this is a track where brakes are of major importance going downhill into a tight 180 deg hairpin.Since we are all running the same motor i was amazed by the lack of brakes of cars 88,69 and 19.Car #62 was fast but lifted the front to deslot in the middle of the straight my estimate is that the guide sits too high or front wheels put too much pressure on the track.Cars #8&27 hopped,on curve exit #8 something seems to be binding i intend to check it today.The absolutely fastest car was Keith's #2,clocked the fastest lap of the evening,but when pressed rolls without warning.

Final comment:I wish we had the SCX cars back

Hmm agree about your comments about SCX cars Alexis , but Gazza told me to get over it chuckle , have found the Scaley cars in a differant league though never had cars that roll like they do , thinking of fitting out riggers on each corner if i do it again :o, congrats to the top three. :)

Thanks alexis

Is that the end of round 9 ?

Congrats alexis & amcc

What are the tyres looking like will they make it to the end ....

Rossko

One more stage maybe today, Rossko,then we move to round 10,Tyres look good lets see how they are after the y race on Ninco track

Edited by alexis in greece

Thanks for the run of these scalextric cars team Greece.

Again my scalextric car yoyo's up and down the leaderboard!!!

Remember guys this year is a learning curve with these scalextric cars so I expect next year's batch of scalextric rally cars to improve.

Thanks for running the stage Alexis and thanks for the run down on its lack of staying in the slot. It had a badly bent front axle out of the box which I sort of straightened out as best I could ,took the front tyres down a bit, maybe not enough and the guide is a sloting plus, should have went with the ninco sprung one......never mind that's why I enetered , to learn

Hi all.

Congrats to the podiumites but in particular to Ben M for a stage win and very good 4th overall in his Metro.

Seem some cars tend to be very tippy. I know mine was tippier than I would have preferred (and stated so at beginning) but otherwise I thought very consistent and easy to drive. 5 deslots is disgusting but not its worst performance. In one earlier round it tipped out 10 times.

I know it is hard driving other peoples cars but are some perhaps being pushed too hard. Alternatively was this track just particularly grippy. Braking appears to have been an issue with a few cars.

Still enjoying the series but ups and downs are the order of the day. I really expected these cars to far closer and more consistent.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hmm agree about your comments about SCX cars Alexis , but Gazza told me to get over it chuckle , have found the Scaley cars in a differant league though never had cars that roll like they do , thinking of fitting out riggers on each corner if i do it again :o, congrats to the top three. :)

First we can always dream.Then how about a second class for whoever has an SCX car?That would also increase the number of entries which is low compared to 2012 peak of 50(?)

Blimey i agree again with you Alexis , i to can remember the fear of 50 plus cars on the grid, agree with Charles thought these cars would be very close this first season as well and also with Branco it,s a learning curve this year but all i,ve learned is my car is crap compared to other years , is it because it,s a Scaley Hmmmmmm YES is it because it,s a sidewinder and i think inline is so much better on rally cars YES, is it because it,s to top heavy YES, is it because of that B big cog YES, and is it because i don't like the B car at all YES chuckle :rolleyes:

Would a lexan interior solve the tipping issues?

Hi all.

With my OZ Rally Ford RS200 I used a Slot-it 34 tooth spur gear. This gave better clearance. OZ rally is no where as restricted in other respects either.

Some seem to have got their cars to go better however so all is not lost. Perhaps I just allowed too much clearance. Never sure of wear factor.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Last night we raced the final stage or round 9 on Creative Hobbies' track red (internal ) lane,here are the results,it was a Lancia stage this one:

37114976281_2ee53531de_z.jpg

r9 stage 3 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

And the complete results for round 9

37114976361_fdfac91d50_b.jpg

r9 stage 1-2-3 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Chris drove the cars and his preference vote goes to car#98 that he commented:too good for a Scalextric

Thanks Alexis,

Well done on the win.

Gas41t just keeps on finishing at the pointy end. Great effort.

Alan Stubbings

Wow,stage win, gotta be happy with that. Looks like the metro only had one de-slot over all of the stages so kudos to the driver(s). Thanks for your efforts so far Alexis and helpers. A bit unfortunate about the SCX track, hope you start to enjoy the cars a little more.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING