Australian Slot Car Publications

slotbaker

Triggered off by a post from Neil B on another forum, I've created a simple web page for Australian publications of anything slot car related.

It began with 3 magazines that I scanned, and Neil has sent me 3 that he scanned, which have ended up on here;

Australian Slot Car Magazines Index

I've shown in large format, so that us old farts can seen them.

:ph34r:

If anyone else has some Aussie slot car magazines, newsletters, etc and would like to share, please let me know.

Maybe we can build it up, and share some memories.

:)

--------------------------

Edit to show what we have already.

If you are able help by filling the gaps, it would be greatly appreciated.

Australian Model Car & Slot Racing Review: 1966/Nov-Dec, 1967/Mar-Apr <<< NEW

1967/Number 7, 1967/July-August

Australian Model Slot Car Racing Guide: 1966/Book 1

Slot Car and Model Racer.: 1966/Number 1

Mini Wheels, Numbers: 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,

Model Car Racing Review: 1970/May, 1970/Aug, 1970/Sep,

Australian Model Car Magazine: 1993 Vol 1, No. 2.

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

I have every edition of Australian Slot Car Review which was out for a short time around the turn of the century

I've got a few in poor condition that I'm going to scan and upload.

How many in total were there?

Tony, would you be interested in scanning some to share on the website?

:huh:

Steve K.

Stoo contacted me about this.. this is a great idea and I've got a few however I'm kidding myself if I think I have enough patience to scan the lot. I am prepared however to "lend out" to a very reliable party and have scanned for all to enjoy.

• Track Speed by David Hassall, all 6 issues produced from December 1973 to May 1975
  • Mini Wheels by Dave Smith, No 2 - June 1975, No 4 - Sept 1975, No 5 - Oct 1975, No 8 - April 1976, No 9 - May 1976, No 11 - Nov 1976, No 12 - Dec 1976, No 13, Mar 1977, No 15 - August 1977, No16 - September 1977
  • Australian Car modeller issue #1 - jan / feb 1986 - had slotcar, radio control, plastic models, diecast and tether.
  • Australian Slotcar review - vol 1 issue 2
  • Australian model Car Magazine ( all slot cars) Dec/Jan 93 Vol1 issue 2.
  • Australian Slot Car Review - only year 2000 issues, July, September and the final issue in December

I would be good to have the difinitive list so we can plug in the missing issues by other's.

I have that issue of Mini wheels at home too and mine is missing the air dam template as well!!! Din't think to trace it out and save the magazine.

That is because that is a copy of your magazine !

Thought it looked familiar :blink: doesn't credit you with the scan but.

I assume August is a scan of one of mine as well

Edited by lenny broke

I have that issue of Mini wheels at home too and mine is missing the air dam template as well!!! Din't think to trace it out and save the magazine.

Both of those scans were sent to me by Neil Bolton, hence credit goes to Neil.

I also believe that Neil owns both.

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

Both of those scans were sent to me by Neil Bolton, hence credit goes to Neil.

I also believe that Neil owns both.

I am sure Neil will chime in soon . The copies Neil has are from original mags owned by Lenny Broke . He allowed me to copy his mags (many thanks Alan ) and I forwarded them to Neil .

Peter D

Edited by pmdaniels

PeterD

OK, thanks for that.

I'll check with Neil.

Do you have any others that you might like to share?

Neil has 1 more Mini Wheels which no doubt he will share with you .I have sent a message to Kim asking to scan what he has .Dennis Traeger is the only other person I can think of who may have some , but I don't know how to contact him ,unless he reads this .

Edited by pmdaniels

PeterD

Lenny and Peter, Neil has confirmed that those scans are of the copies he made from your magazine/copies.

So, is it ok with you 2 guys for me to use the scans, and give credit accordingly?

It's all good with me Steve, felt a bit of a dope after finding that was a copy of mine :huh: I just wondered how they got from me to here,

Alan

Lenny and Peter, Neil has confirmed that those scans are of the copies he made from your magazine/copies.

So, is it ok with you 2 guys for me to use the scans, and give credit accordingly?

It's all good with me Steve, felt a bit of a dope after finding that was a copy of mine :huh: I just wondered how they got from me to here,

Alan

All good with me too . Not quite sure what the fuss is about . Thanks to Alan for sharing his magazines .

PeterD

All good with me too . Not quite sure what the fuss is about . Thanks to Alan for sharing his magazines .

No Fuss from me Pete I was just a bit mystified how Neil got the scan I hadn't made the connection with you and Neal. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is coming through. I got into commercial track Racing in mid 77 so only have the last 4 of the Mini wheels before it disappeared

I'm in contact with Jason Jones on FB I'll message him and ask if he still has anything. I just found Bob Sherry and Dennis Traegar there as well I can ask them too if you like. Bob comes into T-bird now and again Pete.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

No Fuss from me Pete I was just a bit mystified how Neil got the scan I hadn't made the connection with you and Neal. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is coming through. I got into commercial track Racing in mid 77 so only have the last 4 of the Mini wheels before it disappeared

I'm in contact with Jason Jones on FB I'll message him and ask if he still has anything. I just found Bob Sherry and Dennis Traegar there as well I can ask them too if you like. Bob comes into T-bird now and again Pete.

Cheers

Alan

Yes Alan please ask anyone you can .. I have run into Bob Sherry a couple of times at the track ,But Dennis I haven't seen for a while .

PeterD

Stoo contacted me about this.. this is a great idea and I've got a few however I'm kidding myself if I think I have enough patience to scan the lot. I am prepared however to "lend out" to a very reliable party and have scanned for all to enjoy.

• Track Speed by David Hassall, all 6 issues produced from December 1973 to May 1975
  • Mini Wheels by Dave Smith, No 2 - June 1975, No 4 - Sept 1975, No 5 - Oct 1975, No 8 - April 1976, No 9 - May 1976, No 11 - Nov 1976, No 12 - Dec 1976, No 13, Mar 1977, No 15 - August 1977, No16 - September 1977
  • Australian Car modeller issue #1 - jan / feb 1986 - had slotcar, radio control, plastic models, diecast and tether.
  • Australian Slotcar review - vol 1 issue 2
  • Australian model Car Magazine ( all slot cars) Dec/Jan 93 Vol1 issue 2.
  • Australian Slot Car Review - only year 2000 issues, July, September and the final issue in December

I would be good to have the difinitive list so we can plug in the missing issues by other's.

Kim, thanks for chiming in, your offer is very generous.

I'll PM you.

:)

Steve K.

All good, my scanner is better than thought and the document feed seems to work well. I sent of Mini Wheels No 13 ( Mar 77) to Slotbaker and he can convert to the correct format. I'll get the rest away over the next few weeks.

Big thanks to Steve ( Slotbaker) for putting this together and collating all the information.. It will be a big job so I hope you've got plenty of spare time :wacko:

It would be good to find other racers that can help with the missing issues, So we dont double up the Mini Wheels I'm about to scan and the couple already on the site it looks like we have issue's 2,4,5,8,9,11,12,13,15,16 already covered..

Can anyone fill in some of the gaps?..

Edited by axman