Round 7 - Isle Of Man - Part 3

slotcarmann

Brilliant. Long way to go Chas, but it is nice to be at this end of the table for once lol. Nice driving Mike.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

1 minute i'm up nek minute....down

Interesting running Dave, in this series except for around half a dozen consistant people especially the Gas man the rest of us are up and down and all over the place with our cars, have no idea what's going on thought being the first year of this, cars would be much closer .

Hi guys

Yes, the usual ups and downs of proxy rallying...! It completely baffles me sometimes, I must admit.... :blink:

@Branco - the problem with the 6R4s is the almost square chassis and the high body. They tend to flip quite easily as most of them do not have any degree of rear slide. Only the Ben M car feels consistently comfortable to drive. Your car doesn't seem to like the tighter turns that are a feature of the TT Grandstand stage, but seemed happier on Mike Buss's Car Park stage - see the photo of that stage above - where the bends are a little more open.

@Peter Gunn - your car is really nice and smooth to drive and pretty quick and I've got more accustomed to it, now....but it's like it's on rails and does not slide at the rear. This causes problems in that it fools you and leads you to try going even faster and then there is an off, because it flips on tight bends...! I really think it needs to be a little looser at the rear. If you look at the results, Stage 1 had the first four cars within 0.9 of a second....and all cars within 19 seconds of the top man: on the 2nd stage, the first 18 cars were within 20 seconds.

In general, all the cars that appear consistently in the top six are smooth and have at least a little tail-slide.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers for the car report Dave