Hobby Or Addiction

ZeGas

Went to Aldi today and saw this.

20063014_Verpackung_Online_2.png

So I bought it, god knows why it appealed to me or what I'm going to do with it.

My lovely wife told me I was an addict (or maybe she said I was a dick).

I said it was just a hobby.

What makes you go and buy something you know you will never use, don't need and really don't want.

They are actually reasonable little cars...

The Carrera Go ones have quite a good range...

r149a.jpgMARIO-KART-GO-VARIANT-MASTER.jpg

carerra_62038_mario.png

Edited by shadow_rusty

These are smaller than Carrera GO, the kids have a couple of them and we just checked them out won't even fit on the track side by side, I have a couple of kyosho 1:43 as well.

And its battery powered, so out with the soldering iron and fix that up for a 6v adapter.

I think we like to say it can be an addictive hobby....

People come around and say "Gee, that's a really nice model" - I say "Wanna see how fast it can go?"

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

I sometimes buy stuff I like but have no immediate use for...guess that is an addiction.

Me too, but I call it "planning" or "insight" :) :)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have a slot car fetish ....

This is just some of my cars I'm putting rims and axels,gears back so they run again the scx box has all brand new stuff in it same as the bags this is just (SOME) you can see for your self

IMG_7915.jpg

I just turned around and seen this more proxy cars and some new stock

IMG_7916.jpg

Addict Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

Fetish (noun)

[an inanimate object worshipped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.]

yeah, I like that ... Fetish.

• 1 month later...

Hobby - you looked at the new Revo Slot and went ok another new brand I have to try to get my head around

Addiction - you ordered one - you put 2 or 3 in the basket and ummed and about whether to get the second or third one or not (if you have a 4 lane track you may have considered going for 4 of them) but in the end you went for one of the Revo Slot and the new Faclon Slot Porsche 924 and Thunderslot Lola

:)

Rossko - I had a shelf a bit like your table top there - I had some spare plastic slide out drawers that hold 12-14 cars - I decided to put my cars in them to tidy them up - had to go and buy a few more drawers to store all the cars :lol:

Edited by dangermouse

I've been researching a lot of classic US SCCA cars buy kits, buy parts for the car, buy books, buy decals from Patto's and put it all away so I have plenty to do when I retire in 10 years or so. I still usually build a couple of cars a year so I may slowly work through the stock but I doubt it. It is more about getting everything I can through Patto before he pulls the pin.

Probably still an addiction.