Scalextric Mini Clubman

Looks good ... what colour clear will you use?

Also, what sideways tyres are small enough for those hubs Mac?

sideways do a f1 tyre

Damien has them

Edited by David Carter

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I am working on reproducing lightweight vac form interior and window glazing for the Clubman. The bucks are nearly sorted.

If any one wants a set then feel free to send a PM or email or txt or knock on my door.

Pictures soon.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I am working on reproducing lightweight vac form interior and window glazing for the Clubman. The bucks are nearly sorted.

I am interested in a couple . I assume they will fit the "normal" round nose mini too ?

If you are talking about the mini that I think you are talking about then no as the interior is part of the chassis.

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

I am interested in a couple . I assume they will fit the "normal" round nose mini too ?

If you are talking about the mini that I think you are talking about then no as the interior is part of the chassis.

Yes thanks I realise that , my mini has scratch built chassis and home made interior . What I really wanted to know is if the Windows would fit . I believe they will , I have a few bodies here and they look to be the same apart from the nose of course . Anyway I would still be interested in a couple of interior/window sets . Thanks Peter D

PeterD

Here is one I built about 25 years ago

aTEpXY.jpg

dF3NAk.jpg

S7c19v.jpg

In the first picture it was fitted with a Parma guide , but this stuck out too far so was recently replaced with a scaleauto guide . rear wheels are homemade and fitted with MJK tyres . BRM currently make a suitable rear wheel .

PeterD

P1140011.jpg

P1140012.jpg

Not one of mine but a build by Dave West. There were some bits missing as I think it was jiggling around in his race case when he was visiting my area for an event.

Scalex modern shell. The hubs were cut down 1/24 scale intended for foam but the diameter was right. I cast some inserts for it. They were the smallest diameter I have ever done.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

P1140011.jpg

P1140012.jpg

Not one of mine but a build by Dave West. There were some bits missing as I think it was jiggling around in his race case when he was visiting my area for an event.

Scalex modern shell. The hubs were cut down 1/24 scale intended for foam but the diameter was right. I cast some inserts for it. They were the smallest diameter I have ever done.

it was a running car then

I got to run a few laps with it on Mac's track at the slot-it shoot out

that was the reason he was here in the Bay that weekend

it run really smooth and great to drive

a typical Dave West car

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And we are here - after replacing the Milliput (which wouldn't set) with Tamiya putty.

mini_12.jpg

mini_11.jpg

Very happy with the body but i did this out at the beach over the long weekend without the chassis on site. I'll need to shorten the chassis to centre the wheels in the arches. Should have worked that out earlier.

Podiums are for short people.