slotcarmann

Round 6 - Isle Of Man - Part 2

Here are a few photos of the cars "in action"....(or maybe stills....lol)....

144112.jpg

144125.jpg

144214.jpg

144233.jpg

144257.jpg

144313.jpg

144334.jpg

144348.jpg

144405.jpg

144425.jpg

144443.jpg

144509.jpg

144536.jpg

144556.jpg

144612.jpg

144624.jpg

144715.jpg

144732.jpg

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi Slotcarman.

Luv the photos. When you get time is there something wrong with my car or has it just gone slow. Track looks like it should suit. Perhaps everybody else has just got faster.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Nice photos Dave.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi Chas

Your car was a bit difficult to predict on Stage 2, Mike struggled with it. Tyres appear to have come adrift, which my be a factor. But it may be happier on other stages, as there are different levels of grip. Sometimes being an early runner on a round is detrimental, as you are basically sweeping the track for later runners and almost all our cars normally run on rubber.

I have done a data chart since the end of this round, so will publish that before we go on to Round 7.

I did type up a report yesterday and had just finished it, but then forgot what I was doing and went to check some info on the first page of this thread, forgetting that Aus Slot doesn't automatically save your work....unlike Gmail...! With the inevitable result. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: so I will have another go in the next 24 hours....sorry folks...!

Bye for now

Club night tonight, so I need to get a car or two ready for that.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Slotcarman.

If tyres are a problem please feel free to re-glue and I will take penalty whatever it is. Leave final decision to you.

Alternatively if some cars are getting penalised by poor track conditions this may need to be remedied. Conditions should be as even as possible in interests of fairness.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Firstly folks, I apologise for not posting anything for a few days.

Last Thursday my Mum (aged 93) had a fall trying to get out of bed, so I am basically on call 24/7 to help her up from bed or chair: I will be going round shortly to sort out her lunch and help her to the loo - she can't make it on her own. So I am spending at least 8 hours round at Mum's - luckily it is only 10 minutes' drive away.

I have the results of Stage 3 and the overall result, plus Gazza already has the aggregate up to the end of Stage 2, so I hope we can get these up on the thread shortly. I also have a few photos from Stage 3 - Mike Dove's track called Jurby Airfield.

We have also completed Round 7....and hope to manage a Rd 8 this week. Unfortunately though, with being on call to help Mum, I am not going to be able to finish my revised Glen Vine Forest track in time for that to feature this year, before the cars need to go off to Greece.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Chas

The tracks are in good nick - free of debris - but some are grippier than others and may pull the tyre side walls a bit.

I vary the starting order, so that nobody overall has any disadvantage by starting first on one stage.

I can easily re-glue your tyres for you before we have any more stages.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi folks

The aggregate results after Stage 2, plus Stage 3 and the overall Round 6 Results have been sent to Gazza and Mel: hopefully they will be able to post these up on the thread shortly.

Once these are up, I will send over the technical data spreadsheet.

Then Round 7 to follow...!

Cheers

Dave

You're a busy man Dave, cheers

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi folks

The aggregate results after Stage 2, plus Stage 3 and the overall Round 6 Results have been sent to Gazza and Mel: hopefully they will be able to post these up on the thread shortly.

Once these are up, I will send over the technical data spreadsheet.

Then Round 7 to follow...!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave

These are on my PB account so hope they stay here. (Gaz, maybe best if you repost them on your new hosting site when you get a chance)

b_024730.jpg

Jurby Airfield

b_000041.jpg

b_024729.jpg

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Rossko

Very good advice....I'm trying...!

Don't answer that....

I'm think getting used to the individual quirks and foibles of each car. But then the cars trick me...lol

Will keep on trying.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

The fun of proxy racing Dave

I hope your enjoying them ...

Australia top 4 spots & those lancia's well done

Well done Phil we are keeping the top 2 honest

At least ....

Thanks Dave

Rossko

O.M.G. my car got a 2nd place on stage 2, go Team !

Opposite thinking to Phil, I had been thinking I should have sent my RS200 and am surprised how well the Deltas are doing.

I guess I am the only person here to have owned 1:1 Lancia Deltas so felt obliged.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Hi folks

Apologies for the radio silence.

I've been at the IOM hospital with Mum for over 8 hours today, after which she was finally admitted to an acute ward. She will probably be there for the immediate future, but the longer term prognosis is not good at all. I will be back there at 9am tomorrow to meet the consultants to see what they propose.

This will mean we cannot complete 5 rounds in time as hoped, but we have just 1 stage to go to complete the 4th IOM round, which will be Rd 8. We hope to run that this weekend, after which I will send over some more results, pictures and reports. I will have a little more time with Mum in hospital, as I have been getting less than 5 hours sleep per night recently, with having to visit her every few hours.

So, early next week we will be in a position to forward the box of cars over to Alexis in Greece - can you please confirm when you wan them Alexis?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, for the round and driving, and to the 2 Mikes' for driving too.

Good to see the mixed results in the heats, well done Stubbo, Phil and Gas in the end.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Hi guys

Mum's now stabilised in hospital, so I will have a bit more time this week, not having to visit her every time she needs feeding or the loo...!

Unfortunately Mike Dove has a bad bout of food poisoning, so his final stage of round 8 will be delayed a few days.

In the meantime, I will post up the photos from his Stage 3 in this Rd 6, then start the thread for Rd 7. Technical data table to follow too.

Please bear with me, but we will get there very shortly...!

Cheers

Dave