Scalextric Allan Moffat Xw Bathurst Winning Falcon

Vinno

Scalextric slipped another couple of Aussie Cars in recently and the Moffat XW is one of those highly anticipated models. One thing I don't understand with Scalextric is why they don't make these types of cars special editions after all it was Moffat's first win and something they could make a bit of a deal about. The car is pretty well represented and looks great on the track, a little better than the Goss car. It may be the chin spoiler and the rear exhaust which gives the rear a bit more depth. It isn't perfect but it is a very nice model all the same and I for one am enjoying the in line engine configuration Scaley are using now.

Moffat XW01.jpg

Moffat XW02.jpg

• Upvote 1

The rear of the car looks more like it should, i hope they have thrown out the XY molds and just use the XW with different front and rear sections, same as the mustangs

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The rear of the car looks more like it should, i hope they have thrown out the XY molds and just use the XW with different front and rear sections, same as the mustangs

I'm making a 36 Gallon Tank for it too as this looks like it will fill out the back of the car better. I am surpised how well it runs with the standard tyres too it has just the right amount of grip for some fun sliding type racing. I have the Goss one with MJK's and it has just a little too much grip and is actually very fast. The standard tyres make them fun I think it would look great on your Oran Park track Gazza.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm making a 36 Gallon Tank for it too as this looks like it will fill out the back of the car better. I am surpised how well it runs with the standard tyres too it has just the right amount of grip for some fun sliding type racing. I have the Goss one with MJK's and it has just a little too much grip and is actually very fast. The standard tyres make them fun I think it would look great on your Oran Park track Gazza.

Got any photos of the drop tank ?