Aussie Visit

charlesx

Hi you Brisbanites.

Coming for a few days to see your delights in August. Have never been to SeaWorld, Movie World etc. Only been to Brisbane once on way back from Airlie Beach back in '95.

Some slot scenery would be good too if I can fit in. Do not know where you jokers are so please let me know what may be available.

Looking forward to some contact. If you do not know am into 1/32 RTR including rally and proxy so some of you will know me from afar. Would love to see some of those Slotworx cars and put a face to some names.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

PS. Sorry seem to have put this in twice. Came up with an error message but clearly worked both times. Please remove one if you want.

Edited by charlesx

Hi Charles,

Most of the racing around Brisbane is at 4 club tracks. Each has 4 lane tracks of around 30+ metres lane length. You can race at least twice a week here if you're keen. Here is a list of the tracks.

Narangba - North of Brisbane, racing on Monday nights.

Bonogan - Gold Coast

Willow Vale - north of the Gold Coast near the theme parks

Bonogan and Willow Vale alternate on Wednesday nights and Bonogan has some racing on Fridays

Birkdale - Brisbane Bayside - my track, I haven't had any racing for a while due to other commitments but you're welcome to come and have a run.

Red Racer - Redcliffe, north of Brisbane - has an 8 lane Plafit track and a 6 lane plastic track. Has recently changed hands and I don't know what racing they're having these days.

As you can see there are plenty of options for racing around Brisbane.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Thanks very much Gary. Have been talking to Dangermouse so think we have sussed. Am with my wife so will probably just go to one club night as much as I would like more. Will see how we go.

Trying to sort out classes to be run as would like to bring a few cars with me. Also hoping to give my Scaly Holden Touring Car Proxy car a run on Aussy tracks.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all in case you did not know.

In reality I am a "died in the wool" Scaly fan. I do like to look at other brands however and occasionally have a dabble. I have 2 NSR cars, a Thunderslot with one more of the way and proxy racing has taken me into the odd SCX, Ninco, Mrrc. I also like to scratch build and modify. Scaly is where I originally honed my building skills and I continue to this day. I like nothing better than to buy somebody else's cast off and get them going like stink.

Would like to see Slotworx out of interest mainly. Like the idea of some of the 1/24th RTR cars or similar but our 1/24th brigade in NZ are all metal car guys and unlikely to change. While they seem to spend megabucks on rebuilding etc. these cars, they perceive 1/24th RTR as expensive. They will happily spend over $1000 on a controller but???????

Looking forward to visiting you guys. I normally get to West Island once a year and have/had kids in WA for last 10 years. Have visited Perth, Sydney and Adelaide tracks and Brisbane here I come.

Started racing Scaly cars about 1960 although had a break for 40 years racing karts, yachts etc but always racing. Have been back into slots since about 2008 and its like I never left.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi Charles,

My track is the one at Willow Vale - Ecurie Elite.au We will be racing the 1/24th Slotworx V8's on the 16th and 30th of August. The venue is only about 15 minutes from Dreamworld. Shoot me a PM if those dates suit and I will give you my address and contact number.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'