2107 Tasman Cup Car Returns

27 replies to this topic

#21 Old23

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Alan, my #11 Cooper arrived home in Montreal today. Thanks for holding it back while I was away on vacation. Apart from Phil Hill's head rolling around in the bag, all is well. Thanks for the motor. Any thoughts on whether there will be a Tasman Cup in 2018?

Stewart

#22 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

There certainly will be.
Alan Stubbings

#23 terry

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostStubbo, on 25 August 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

There certainly will be.

Yea!

#24 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

Hi Stubbo.

You will be pleased to hear my Brabham BT4 is now completely restored (but still with old tyres) and I even took it for a run together with my VRAA Cooper Climax T60 to Brisbane recently. Had a good go with Dangermouse with both cars. While there was not much in it clearly the Brabham needs some better tyres.

Trust all is well in Melbourne. I have just been to 1/24th Metal Car Nationals in Wellington and I am off to open 1/32nd Magnet meeting early October. Have also just posted my Touring Car Proxy entry and about to start building for Bugeye Sprite Proxy. Anybody would think I have nothing else to do.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#25 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,861 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Charles is that the Sprite Proxy where you had to buy the kit of bits from the organizer?

#26 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi Phil.

Yes from Dan Pang in Canada. Still plenty of time to get kit if you wish. No idea how many entries he has or whether there are spaces left..

Body is 1/29th. About 45mm wide; 123mm long and same wheelbase as Slot-it Alfa T33 about 77mm. Kit included Monogram resin body with moulded in driver to shoulders, PG PGT 40 shore urethane tyres, motor, ali wheels and plastic inserts, headlights lenses plus drivers head.

Hope all is well in Tassie. How is that Honda body going.

I am going to try your Tassie tyres on my Tasman car soon.

Car is about 0.15 to 0.2 slower than T60 on our local tracks. At Glen's track near Sunshine Beach (not sure of actual location) I was able to hold onto Dangermouse for a couple of laps but he then got away. T60 was much closer and probably came down to knowledge of track.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#27 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,861 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Remembered loooking at that proxy, having a couple of Sprites, not interested another build.
Hondas are all sitting on the mailing bench, but all layed up with the flu last two weeks.

#28 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Phil. Absolutely no hurry.

Yes I would have liked another go at original Sprites but new ones should be good too. Have scraped my standard one so was looking forward to building new. You may recall original was an ali chassised sidewinder using Solabotic motor.

No idea who has entered.

Regards Chas Le Breton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users