congrats to the top 2 place takers

will get the overall results sorted later on today

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Tyres are the key factors !!

A lot of cars tyres are rat S^%#>T ....

Orakei my friend your tyre preparation is the best I've seen ....,.

Aquakiwi- your A car body is leaning so it's put pressure on the car to ride heavy on one of the rear tyres

Aqua - your B car hated my red lane it struggled for grip but on the tightest corner it would turn left then snap left again out of the slot , I think it was picking up the front

Keith (Peter gunn) your car was a surprise well prepared tyres and congrats to you well done

Dave c your car liked the track as it move out to the faster flowing lanes and your tyres are shot I think they came on with some warmth in them

Congrates

Wobble your Porsche is massive but smooth and fast but it loves stopping for a wee - meaning it loves cocking the leg ... nice for a inline

Nitro your Chappy is well balanced just there is a bad mesh if you push the car it twists in the corner and you can hear the gears... get the gearing write an it's a beauty

Rossko

Thanks Rossko and team for running Round 7. Congrads to you and Dave C on podium finishes. Nice to see some different runners in the top 5. Learned the hard way that good tire prep is 70% of the battle. One round to go - it's been a battle royal with AquaKiwi the whole series which is the best way to race. Good luck everyone on the next round.

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Hi Gas41T/Rossco.

Thanks for well run round and congrats to Orakei Racer, you and David Carter for podium spots. Well done too to Peter Gunn (UK)in 4th. With Aquakiwi 6th this round could well be the decider for overall honours. Time will tell. Either way it has been a great competition. Photos great too.

Looks like I need to go back to NSR tyres again as I had until 2 years ago. They are certainly working well on OR's car. The N22's are good on smooth NZ tracks but appear to have been poor on Aussie tracks. Not sure if anybody else has been using same. Alternatively perhaps I need to go to Urethane as I have for all other Aussie events. Notice even my old NSR Ultragrip shod M20 bet my M6a.

Great to add the Aussie rounds to this event. Not only a timely reward for the many Aussies who have supported the Canam series over the last 6-7 years but an added perspective to this and future Australiasian events. I am certainly hoping Tasman Cup can have some NZ rounds at sometime in the near future (like the 1:1 event).

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• 2 weeks later...

Orakieracer has confirmed that the cars have arrived to him

he is hoping to be able to get enough guy's together to run the last round this weekend

this will be confirmed as soon as he can

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.