gregc4

2017 Mr Slotcar - Slotcar Fest

Good on you Ben - it will be great to have one of the MCN big guns to show us how to lap properly around this new track. BTW, some of the Mexicans are actually pretty handy....

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

It appears i will make the trek south for this event , will clarify after the weekend ..... i'll be teaming up with a Mexican though :ph34r:

What!!! More Tequila's at the Blackman then? :lol:

Brooksy

Maybe you should come and keep an eye on him Brooksy....LOL

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

It appears i will make the trek south for this event , will clarify after the weekend ..... i'll be teaming up with a Mexican though :ph34r:

What!!! More Tequila's at the Blackman then? :lol:

Hahaha .... not quite !!! Long way to travel for 1 night if that was the case

Good on you Ben - it will be great to have one of the MCN big guns to show us how to lap properly around this new track. BTW, some of the Mexicans are actually pretty handy....

Cheers,

Jan

HA Jan ... Hardly a big gun bud ! I was fortunate enough to have a great weekend .... and i couldnt agree more , there are some super quick guys down that part of town
  • Upvote 1

Great news your coming down south again Ben, i believe your teaming up with Brett you guys will be a sweet team

i do have a question about the Lexan GT class

i'm about to start a build and want to clarify the rear wheel size.

the rules state a 27.5 maximum wheel diam yet i read this later in the forum

Some BREAKING NEWS - Andrew has requested that we make another small change to the rules for this class. In the interest of ensuring a level playing field when it comes to getting the performance differences even closer (based on available brands and sizes of RTR and replacement Magic rubber donuts) than it is already - a MAXIMUM rear tyre diameter of 27.5mm is being introduced.

This change will be incorporated into the basic regulations as explained in the very first post in this thread.

Andrew has assured me that these changes are not simply for the sake of change, but intended to help arrive at the most fair and popular use of the rules, across Australia. They will be locked soon after the proposed event at MR Slotcar in August. By then we should have had enough chance to get all the track variable worked out and how all the various body and chassis options have stood up within the regulations. Then we will follow and annually updated regulation pattern - like all the other stable and successful classes.

what is the max diam rear wheel size for the slot fest as it is a set ratio so roll out is critical for a good pace in your car.

is the 27.5 rule currant or to be locked after the slotfest???

thanks

Race Ya Later

Jason

Please put one team in from Dapto at the moment thanks Greg. Possible 2 but waiting for some blokes to get back to me .

Cheers Pagey

Hi Guys

We now have 12 entered for the slot Fest , all future entries will have to go on a reserve list.

Greg C

Good one Pagey looks like you just made it

you will love the new track and i hope Cam is coming as well

with a line up like this the racing is going to be intense

cant wait

Race Ya Later

Jason

Hi Jason,

As I understand, the ruleset for the Lexan GT3 class to be used at the Slotfest, will be as it is explained in the GT3 thread currently on the forum under the 1/24th discussion section. To summarise;

20170628_173446.jpg

Please note, the wing supplied together with the body from Andrew, is generic and MUST be used (all the GT3's will run the same rear wing). The supplied interior can be substituted for a more scale one should the builder prefer.

....running the following (basic) chassis specifications:

Open chassis but maximum 78.0mm main plate width - like a Plafit SLP2 with 18D main plate. You can basically use any model car chassis, even make it yourself.

Maximum spur, front 80mm and rear 81mm.

21mm rims front and rear.

Minimum front tyre diameter 25mm, minimum front tyre width 6mm.

Rear tyres diameters; 26.0mm minimum and 27.5mm maximum, maximum rear tyre width 13mm.

Minimum total car weight 160g

Motor SRP 25L (long can motor)

SR181J53000X_600x6002x.jpg

Gearing M50 11or12:44.

Polar length is open.

Minimum ride height 1.0mm front and rear at the start of racing (never less than 0.4mm at the rear during or after the race).

Hope that helps.

Jan

Thanks Jan

it does read as max 27.5 witch i will use as my guide

what was the old max size as 27.5 is quite a large tire or was there no restriction

Race Ya Later

Jason

Thanks Jan

it does read as max 27.5 witch i will use as my guide

what was the old max size as 27.5 is quite a large tire or was there no restriction

......I am still doing the post - wow you are quick... hope you're a touch slower on the track...LOL

The rear diameter has never had a maximum, it previously only had a minimum of 26.0mm.....and you are right, 27.5 is quite big. However there are some guys that like to put very big wheels on their cars, especially when they run 11T pinions...

How did you know that, I didn't tell anyone, and wasn't going to, until Ben had confirmed his plans.

But after his efforts with borrowed cars on a new track, he was the first guy I thought of.

Now I just need to build a GT3, What is everyone using chassis wise, I've got a Gary Johnson, a Plafit SLPJ long can, and a RedRoo 3.0.

Now I just need to build a GT3, What is everyone using chassis wise, I've got a Gary Johnson, a Plafit SLPJ long can, and a RedRoo 3.0.

Brett,

They all work well - just make sure you can fit them under the body and get the front and rear spurs to work as well as the short wheelbases of the GT3's.

But then again, you are allowed to modify the chassis anyway, so a bit of filing and cutting will sort out any problem you may have.

Please post your build progress under the GT3 thread here on the forum.

Cheers,

Jan

i herd a rumor :huh: :huh: :huh:

and i believe there is a mix of all the above chassis

Yes, Jason - the intention with 'open' chassis allows you the mix and match as you like as long as it fits the basic measurements. The chassis must be based on model car principle: assembled from metal and/or carbon fibre pieces, bolted together, not glued or soldered together.

Go for it build your own design....

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks Greg , please confirm that Cam, Pagey , Chris and Jim are two teams from Dapto . Fantastic field of drivers , looking forward to the challenge and meeting up with everyone again . Really nice to see so many interstate teams .

Cheers Pagey

Thanks Greg , please confirm that Cam, Pagey , Chris and Jim are two teams from Dapto . Fantastic field of drivers , looking forward to the challenge and meeting up with everyone again . Really nice to see so many interstate teams .

Cheers Pagey

Hi Pagey,

You are right- even Jim and myself are going to do some travelling I see. Amazing what can be achieved when the right racing is organised by a great raceway.

Cheers,

Jan

Cheers Pagey

Hi Pagey,

You are right- even Jim and myself are going to do some travelling I see. Amazing what can be achieved when the right racing is organised by a great raceway.

Cheers,

Jan

Looking forward to some great racing on a great track,still got a few chequered flags left in me & the nursing home has kindly given me weekend release in the care of my Daptoid mates[silly buggers]

Tell Kim I've got new wheels & Gold bearings in my Zimmer frame so won't be last to lounge area for our Poppy naps :D

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Hi Guys

Can all teams please advise if they are doing all 4 races so we can adjust the schedule .

we have 14 teams entered .

Greg C

G'day Greg ,thanks for getting our two teams in . We will be enjoying all classes thanks .

Cheers Pagey