2017 Mr Slotcar - Slotcar Fest

gregc4

Going Ford is the going thing...no prisoners Brett!

Steve

That's the plan Steve, and I think my cars may actually be in with a chance.

Thanks Glen, it's why I have so many " Holden scum " friends, it make me feel a lot smarter than I really am. 😜

Drive safe on the way down guys.

Edited by espsix

All the SEQ guys are doing the final packing, flying early morning so should be at MR when it opens at 12pm.

This is promising to be one of those special events that only happen when the right classes and formats are raced by a bunch of mates at a fantastic venue - can't wait for it to start.

See you all there!!

JanR

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Agree Glen, track is fantastic. It is not often that you can say that about an eight laner. PvH and his team have created a masterpiece indeed.

As for fast motors, the Jokers are going to need a lot more than that - maybe I can find a few youth cells this morning....

Cold beer, everything is bloody frozen down here.

Cheers,

Jan

G'day mate , racing was fast and close all day . Have photos to post up but with this photo bucket stuff I can't work it out until home . Local team Raceya later of Jason and Chris were the class of the day winning both Scaleauto and Slotworx. Cam and myself got a second in Scaleauto and third was Greg and Gary.

Slotworx was a blistering pole by Cam , we were running strong in second all race and had guide issues with a bracket to go and fell off the podium this time by three laps. Another local team getting second with Murray and Doug supprising even themselves with a great drive . Jan and Mark getting a well driven third .

Fantastic race meet so far with awesome track and facilities. Lots of fun and laughs at the pub last night . Tried my best to get an advantage for today with everyone having a good drink , but think my plan has backfired, have great headache myself with a 2am finish . 😩🤡😂

Thanks Pagey... great to see the Vic's so competitive and all the best racers in the country attending. With the high turnout of talent for this and the Hornsby weekend it shows we now have a great mix of classes for the 1/24th scale National racing platform.

Racing today was again fantastic. Our adopted Dapto son Ben stepped up today with local Brett . Winning both classes being Gt and LMP. Brett has been racing for less than 6 months. 😳😩🏁🎉🎉 Second in Gt was Andrew and Simon . Jan and Mark 3rd .

In the LMP second was Andrew and Simon again and Cam and myself snuck in by one lap over Jan and Mark to repay the 3rd we just missed to them yesterday in Slotworx. Cam has a very sore back and permanent knee damage from carrying me all weekend.

Fantastic race meet in an awesome centre . Thanks to Peter and his team for the event and look forward to it as a annual meeting. Well done all the Vic boys for your hospitality. Mexicans are ok ! No need for walls. 😂

Thanks to my three road trip heros , Jim, Cam and Chris . So many stories and laughs along the way . Looking forward to the next event on calendar APC in Adelaide. Let the fun start all over . 🎉🏁🏆🍺🍺🍺🍺

Cheers Pagey

Ps I will attempt to post some photos later 😬

Edited by Pagey

Battery nearly dead on phone , but here are some pics of today & all results .

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

Had a ball all weekend , was fantastic to catch up with everyone from Melb & meet all the guys from Qld & Adelaide .

Congrats to all , huge thankyou to Brett , cars were fantastic and such a dream to drive ....

The racing over the weekend was awesome thank to everyone who braved the cold and came down to Hallam for Slot Fest with teams from NSW Adelaide and Qld all putting in some great drives.

Also i feel us Vics are coming to grips with the national scale classes and We have lifted our game so well done to "Team Vic "

i'm not sure how Beno fits in here as he teamed up with Vic Brett who built some kick ass GT and OALMP cars but you know what i mean

the racing was very competitive and close you needed to bring your A game to be anywhere near the pointy end

As for catching up with everyone, it was rely good to see my Slot Car Mates from interstate again and meet some new ones

We did have a couple of Carltons and herd a few funny story's it was a good night

this could be a problem in Adelaide at the APC

i can see a few late nights ahead ,some real sore heads in the mornings and some average performances on the track!!!!!

anyhow

i hope you all had as much fun as i did and look forward to the next time we catch up

Race Ya Later

Arkin

Race Ya Later

Jason

Hi guys,

What a weekend - the level of competition was amazing. Well done everyone. Thank you to Greg for organising what is a fantastic concept and to PvH and his team for providing the backbone to make it all happen. I have said it before and it was very clear - you put on the right classes and race the right format, the event attract the best-of-the-best at all levels and produces the success level, this was.

Congratulations to all the podium getters and to every driver for racing at such a high standard. Most of all, thank you for all the laughs, all the help and all the new friendships made. Not least of all for the best team mate I could have had - Mark.

After looking over the results a bit closer, the following facts are emerging; this combination of classes realy works well together. If we compare fastest laps, it looks like this; SAGT 7.266, V8's 6.987, GT3's 6.689 and LMP's 6.594. Another worthwhile comparison, which is not always highlighted, are the laps done per minute of racing. This compares as follows; SAGT 7.81, V8's 7.90, GT3's 8.49 and LMP's 8.71. Finally it has to be said, that all the classes ran 25K motors, very similar rollouts, with only the SAGT's being a different minimum weight limit.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

What a great weekend in Melbourne (excel the weather...hehehe...). Met some new friends and was great time to catchup with my existing slot car buddies. Soooo pleased with our results on a very challenging track. Jan prepares an awesome car and feel very privileged to be asked to drive them with him.

To Pete & Deb, thank you very much for putting on the weekend and looking forward to 2018.

Thanks... Mark

A big thankyou to Peter & Debbie[best chef in Vic] for a very enjoyable Slotcar fest with the locals making eveyone feel at home in friendly atmosphere.Also a big thankyou to Greg Colgen for coming up with a sensible endurance race format with 4 fantastic cars to race & hopefully the annual Hornsby Scaleauto enduro can copy this format instead of the yawn yawn 8 hour yawn yawn.

Interstate racing can be expensive & tireing but I think 4 classes is perfect & worth the effort to attend.After 10 hours of racing in 2 days & 3 nights celebrating I'm ready for the next one.

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

A big thankyou to Peter & Debbie[best chef in Vic] for a very enjoyable Slotcar fest with the locals making eveyone feel at home in friendly atmosphere.Also a big thankyou to Greg Colgen for coming up with a sensible endurance race format with 4 fantastic cars to race & hopefully the annual Hornsby Scaleauto enduro can copy this format instead of the yawn yawn 8 hour yawn yawn.

Interstate racing can be expensive & tireing but I think 4 classes is perfect & worth the effort to attend.After 10 hours of racing in 2 days & 3 nights celebrating I'm ready for the next one.

Cheers Jimmy :D

Jimmy. Agree, this is a great format and should encourage more drivers to compete. At least if you have a car failure, you have 4 classes to compete with, making the trip much more enjoyable.