kalbfellp

Oz Rally 2017_18 Discussion

Something does not sound right cost wise,i bought (twice) my kilslot chassis 9 euros+pp(5-6 euros from Spain to Greece per shipment of 3-4 pieces) each directly from kilslot and Aloy lists them at the same price.There is an issue affecting cost,kilslot do not have a paypal account and direct transfer might prove costly (at least whee i live).I opted airmailng cash in an envelope registered which worked perfectly 2 times then the 3rd time i bought from Aloy usig PAypal

http://www.aloyshop.com/en/manufacturer/178-kilslot-impresiones?p=2

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

i bought a big stock last year from their fcb page and it did not sound to expensif. i still have few chassis for SCX xsara, c4 and one other if someone in Australia want to try. My only side comment, they do not like heat... i bend one using an hair dryer trying the get the gear running smooth :(.

Have at last got one of these 3d chassis and fitted it in a SCX C4 for the WRC class as a try out the cost of the item was 9 euros after postage and packing 22 euros so first impressions very strong and fits well in the body , like being able to use grub screws to adjust the front axle which are not supplied , rear bearings are a very good fit which are not supplied , like being able to fix the motor in place with fixing screws which are not supplied easy to add weight nice flat side pans also plenty of room up front to do the same have put a flat 6 in as i,m out of Ninco motors , ninco or scaleauto sprung guides fit ok with a little fettling.

Fitted slot it wheels all round , MJK rally tyres on the rear, geared it with slot it gears at 9x 25 and weighted it up to 84gr , on the track yep it motors should do with a flat 6 in but best of all the handling really is very good no sign of any hop and being stiff really makes it , ran it with quarter turn back on the body screws and outperformed my spare Avant Scoobie by a lot , summimg up a great chassis and would allow other cars to be used in the WRC but , yep always a but i think it would also make the Ninco cars obsolete by chassis performance alone, so if anyone wants to try one have a go and see what you think.

It appears that the suitable chassis to suit the SCX " inline none podded" are in very limited supply and no idea when more will, be in stock.

Does any one know of other retailers that have stock? So I can check availability and price.

First estimate on shipping to Tasmania was rediculous.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

did anybody try to contact them directly on FCB. This is how i bought mine.

About the chassis, they are hard and will have the bad habit to make the car jump on bumpy track. So, i am not sure it is the perfect allrounder, but on smooth track, they are killing it. I have a DS3 which is slowly building in the shed but i am also running out of ninco motor so i placed one of the green avant one in.

regards

fabien

Hi Phil got mine from Aloyslot shop, and have one on order from GT team slot cars your right about the availability of them also, paid 9 euros but postage to me was a lot a cheaper 6 euros from GT but god knows how much to your part of the wold, i don't do what they call social media so have no idea via that route.

Hi again Phil.

Not sure how your deliberations with cars are going but looking around different brands there seems to be a reasonable choice for WRC. Fact is there is quite a restricted field of cars The only current ones I could not find were the Hyundai and Toyota Yaris. Many are produced by several companies.

Not sure why SCX should be the exception for 3D. I am sure any SCX car can be turned into a very adequate rally car if you think the original motor and drive system are inadequate. Perhaps you have already proven this with your long can project.

Above aside I appreciate some people are keen to trail 3D so why not let them try subject to the conditions suggested. I remain concerned however that this is opening the door to further chassis tuning/development by some of the small niche firms involved (e.g. sold out so they can produce another improved version).

I would just like to keep as level a table as possible.

Regards Charles Le Breton

As i stated did send a SCX C4 in 4 wd form to run in the WRP this season but the 4wd MSC motor was to hairy , but the fundelmentals were there and when i received it back i stripped it and rebuilt it with the same motor but cut the front shaft of and have fitted a conventional front axle assembly using slot it wheels, also same on the rear , changed gearing to 9x 25 again slot it and without the front shaft have increased the weight 60-40 front bias and the car now weighs 108-5gr and what a differance that has made with the better braking from the MSC motor i now have a competative car in fact it out performs my MSC RS 200 i used in the Classic class by a lot , tyre wise have fitted NSR zeros on the front and using the MJK on the rear all tyres are glued and trued, and the fronts are profiled to stop any likely hood of corner dig in , still using the standard guide never had any trouble with chicken legs but have made up a plasticard plate to fit round the existing guide hole to take a ninco sprung guide which i have mounted on a spare SCX Fiesta chassis to try it out and it works fine both set ups using thin flexi silver braid which again work better than the standard one's which in my opinion are to hard , so there is life in the old SCX cars yet .

Hi Phil.

Thinking about it further; see some of the cars I mentioned are sidewinders which are currently not allowed in WRC, OZ Rally.

What about making exception for Scaly and Carrera at least. They both make some eligible cars. Subject to retaining all original equipment perhaps except rear tyres but not sure that would be fair to Carrera (motor?). There may be others that could be added to this list e.g. Fly, Autoart, Ninco. Apart from original equipment cars to look standard from outside.

Scaly Group B WRP cars appear to be performing very well. Potential WRC cars are Focus, Fiesta, VW Polo, DS3 Citroen, BMW Mini. This would get around some of problems with WRC class.

Regards Chas Le Breton

After 4 weeks of trying to sort a reliable economical source of suitable printed chassis I have given up and made the decision that they will not be allowed this year.

When I did manage to actually find a supplier and place an order is was going to.cost $56.00 to get one chassis here to Tasmania.

For that price I can almost buy a complete car.

Seems the chassis we need ( SCX non podded) are is short supply and most retailers only have very limited supplies.

Kilslot did reply but were not a real help with overseas orders.

Positive note is that Keith ( Peter Gunn) has offered to send his SCX car with printed chassis down with his entryies this year so we can all evaluate it and compare with the other WRC cars, thank you very much for all the work Keith, very much appreciated.

I wil be opening the rules to allow sidewinder cars as the non podded ones I have tested do not seem to have any advantage over the inline.

I hope a few more people will try to build a good SCX chassied car, a few have come close.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Hi Phil,

Though I haven't been involved with OzRally for a few years I thought I'd throw a couple of left field :huh: suggestions out there.

Scratchbuilt styrene plastic chassis like weird Jack used to show on his old webpage. a simple one piece inline chassis.

or

Dare I say it an adjustable after market chassis like the PCS or even the Slotit HRS.(comes with all the bits at a tad over $50)

Just a bit of thought bubble.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Phil.

Thanks for dispensation re non-podded sidewinder cars. Opens up several Scaly and Carrera cars at the very least and a whole lot of new possibilities for WRC (e.g. Focus, Fiesta, VW Polo, Citroen DS3).

I might even be tempted to retire the old Subaru or perhaps enter a second car if allowed.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

With all the discussion about the pros & Cons of allowing 3d printed chassis I thought this thread might be worth a look.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20150-3d-printed-adjustable-chassis/page__fromsearch__1

Lenny I have been watching that thread, for this year the WRC Rules will still be RTR no pods, but a slight change to allow Anglewinder and Sidewinder cars.

IF the 3 d chassis become easily available by next year we will certainly look at them, I hope to have a couple of cars sent along with the field for all the hosts to evaluate this year.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Just been checking my proxy diary and was wondering if anything had been finalised about this years OZ rally noted that Historics will remain the same but was wondering about the WRP class alterations :)

Phil has a lot on his plate and speaking to him a couple of weeks ago it will still go ahead in the new year. Please be patient everyone.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg