2017 Tasman Cup

Stubbo

Just a few things to update you on.

Schedule

The Cars are now on their way to South Australia.

John Smedley will host round 5 at Fulham Park on the 24th June.

Round 6 will be at Alan O'Dea's Spitfire Raceway on the 1st of July and then the cars come back to Melbourne for the Finale on the 15th of July at Cheltenham Park.

Other News

Prizes

I have been able to secure a number of SRP 16000 motors from Jan Roestorf (Springbok Racer) so each competitor this year will receive a new motor when their car is returned.

Chassis Constructors Award

At the Fulham Park round John Smedley and his helpers will decide the first Chassis Constructors award for the best home built chassis.

1/32 Tasman Cup Proxy Race

Best Home Constructed Chassis.

Fulham Park Raceway 2017

I hope this will add a bit more interest to the series and hopefully the award will continue each year.

Alan Stubbings

• 2 weeks later...

The cars have arrived in Adelaide.

At this time the plan is to have the race on the 24th of June. If there is any change to that I will let everyone know in this thread.

I'll start a new thread for race 5 a bit closer to the date.

Alan Stubbings

• 1 month later...

Help wanted have sourced a couple of SRP 16K motors one has speed 16 on it and the other just 16 have run both up with and without load and the one marked speed 16 is definitely better as regards rev's and in a straight line on track speed, am i just lucky with one of them or is there something different here.