2017 Tasman Cup Series Standings

Stubbo

Just found that out.

I'll amend the standings a bit later.

It doesn't appear to change the current order. Just have to take 2 points off #9 and add 2 to #11.

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting exactly in the middle.

So half of me is in the top half...

Thanks for keeping these updated.

Looking forward to the season progressing.

Last year my best results were in the last 3 rounds so I am feeling hopeful of staying in the top 10 - seeing as though my car has gone better in the first 4 rounds than it did last year I am hoping that it holds the form from last year in the next 3 rounds similar results to last year would be good :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not the results I was looking for but the kids will be happy and very pleased, I think they are just as pleased to beat me as they are with the win.

Well done to J.B. Second on the podium, I know he will be pleased.

Well done to the two SA.guys not too far behind.

Now to try and make my car easier to drive and yet keeping the speed!!

Hi Phil and all.

Congrats to the Grandkids and the rest of the Tassie crew for carrying off all the silverware. Good to see the Adelaidites also featuring.

Good to see the likes of Shadow Rusty doing well. Mine was a pretty disappointing performance but at least I finished on the improve.

Sad to see Stubbo falter as he is nearly always near the top but there is always next year.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

I have some work to do, and my partners in crime have a lot of work to do.

Congrats to the grandkids (again), and well done to all for a great series. I've already received some of my 2018 parts and i'm about to order some more.

I'm changing wheels and gear ratio for #78, #2 will be back next year in revised form, and as for Stu's #32, it sounds like he's going for a complete new build.

Chris

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Congrats to the podium finishers especially the Grandkids for a convincing win this year, and to all the hosts for the hard work put in, quite happy to be 11th did hope to get into top 10 this year but being unable to build these brass chassis with my hands anymore used the beardog 2 years running now and obviously not up to being competitive seems to lack speed and handling , not sure if it's worth carrying on have to see

IMO There is nothing wrong with the Beardog Chassis, I have two here both are as good as this years brass chassis.I like the rear end setup with the wide bearing location.,

Have a look at Chris Walkers build in the VRAA.,

The chassis in my Lotus was started some time ago for the VRAA, but never completed, so recycled for the Tasman.

My congratulations to the Grandkids, John and Phil for their top three series results. There must be some very powerful voodoo down there in Tasmania.

As for my entry, the #11 Cooper seemed to find its natural level just inside the top ten. At some circuits it showed a good turn of speed in the Qualy sessions, but then inevitably fell down on race day. So, fast but difficult. Sounds like some women I have known! When the car returns I will try to sort out where I went wrong and, hopefully, build a "kinder" car for next year.

My thanks to Stubbo and all the race hosts, drivers, marshals and caterers who helped the Tasman Cup 2017 run so smoothly and efficiently. I know how much work something like this requires and I applaud you all for a job well done.

Old23/Stewart

Hi All

Congratulations to the South Islanders on the trifecta this year. Well done Kids, Phil & JB,,those cars were the class of the field. Also well done to FPR on top Croweater this year. A new car for me next year and possibly a change of marque.

Thanks to Alan once again for organising this great series and my fellow track hosts who ensure the series runs so smoothly and effortlessly. The prompt turnarounds for each round make the Tasman a standout, no one is left wondering what's going on after waiting 6 weeks for something to happen.

Finally thanks to Oz Post and their sorters & contractors for not loosing the box this year.

Cheers

Alan.

To be fair, I don't think they lost it, but rather were geographically challenged and couldn't decide if Tasmania was closer to Brisbane, Adelaide or Melbourne...