Allard J2 (X)

ZeGas

I have made a start on an Allard J2 that I have modified to a J2x, all that really means is I added side pipes.

Also replaced the spare wheel with an actual one, only one gram difference but I think it looks better.

20170429133143-dc365a00.jpg

20170429133141-7a92fc84.jpg

20170429133140-4d1d072b.jpg

20170429133139-57df11cc.jpg

20170429133137-d1e9d093.jpg

Still have roll bars and windscreen to do as well as the head.

Designed and 3D printed the side pipes, only took a couple of minutes to design.

If anyone wants the STL file or them printed for their creations let me know.

Thinking of putting a cover over the passenger side as I'm not keen on the motor hump.

Might be a while before I get to the chassis as I am going to design and 3D print one off.

Edited by ZeGas

Nice Grant - I used a piece of rubber glove cut to size and glued as a tonneau cover used a toothpick to add dots as the clips to hold it on.

I can send you a resin wire insert to use for the spare wheel if you want - might save some weight and let you use the real wheel on another car...

cheers

David

I wouldn't say skills or talent, a lot of patience though, the hinges alone took three attempts.

It passes the arms length challenge but closer inspection shows the red body touch-ups.

Thanks for the offer DM I have a resin spare already, I had to raise the wheel a little due to the side pipes and that meant cutting off the lug for the resin wheel, could still glue the resin one on but I am going more for authenticity than racing this time round so want to keep the wheels the same.

This kit is mainly to learn painting/building techniques.

I might put counterweight on the opposite side and up the engine size a bit, we'll see.

Edited by ZeGas

• 4 weeks later...

J2x complete with side pipes, roll bars and nudge bar on rolling chassis.

Roll & nudge bars are made from jumbo paper clips, they come in handy for all sorts.

20170523073603-e789018e.jpg

20170523073605-840d0ad4.jpg

20170523073608-2a398531.jpg

Edited by ZeGas
  • Upvote 1

Looking good ZeGas, very good, especially the view from the left rear, and the tip of a tooth pic dipped in some matte black will finish the exhaust ends nicely.

Side pipes, ... I'm wondering how they'll look on my build.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg