1932 Ford Sedan

manimmal

My Dad got me this kit for my birthday about three years ago. I ordered the driver figure and some other bits and life got in the way. The recent availability of cheap avant slot chassis inspired me to get back into it. Not that i used anything from the avant chassis as they haven't arrived yet.

Currently running blackarrow motor, parma gears, cb design wheels, pg tyres, brass and piano wire chassis. Body is Revell. Driver figure is an ebay job. This is my first weathered style beastie, and happy with. Not perfect, but neither am i.

First up headers

IMG_0184_zpshi0vtrqg.jpg

Part kit interior, part scratched up

IMG_0182_zpshmwnv0wn.jpg

Test fit motor and body

IMG_0183_zpsnudlenkk.jpg

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Huge nudge bar, front end fitted. Many hours in the front suspension for this guy, you don't see the leaf spring effort though as it's obscured by the guide mount

IMG_0177_zpsdeebgpbc.jpg

Some paint on, a brass radiator fitted. Paint colour is random airbrush mix brown. Tyres are Carrera, just there for visual assistance

IMG_0186_zps4smqwsxc.jpg

I love this effect! I didn't go with it but regardless, awesome

IMG_0185_zps7ometatm.jpg

That's legendary, love the see through wheels :)

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Sam watched selling houses australia, i made plug leads. Here you see the radiator better, and also the first glimpse of hand painting for numbers etc

IMG_0188_zpsbllrkfvv.jpg

Steering arm scratched from brass. Driver painted up. I got the colour for his goggle lenses way wrong - too dark, but i'm not too fussed. At this point i was still considering fitting the nose grill valance thing

IMG_0189_zpsxkrw5i3l.jpg

Ol' mate says hi

IMG_0197_zps8ezrfdvy.jpg

Photobucket is awesome......when it works

Now we're pretty much finished. The 'engine' needs to be properly attached, but i can't do that until the correct motor arrives

IMG_0219_zpsqjmcmzgq.jpg

Yep, in the 50's and 60's this was jalopy racing

IMG_0220_zpsenanudb9.jpg

IMG_0221_zpskpcpbddn.jpg

IMG_0222_zpsng23qp4e.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsdcblfzrp.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes, all the wheels are on, it's a perspective thing. Sorry for the image quality, the light is fading and i forgot the above and beneath shots. The gear knob is an eight ball, but i haven't put an '8' decal on yet

IMG_0224_zpskebfer74.jpg

165 grams of fun. Rear track is 68mm, front 71mm. Wheelbase approx. 102mm. Works well on all three lanes of my 1/32 layout. As mentioned the 'engine' isn't yet fixed in position, thus the wiring isn't so pretty yet

IMG_0225_zpske9tgoez.jpg

Well that's about that. There's more to finish it off but nothing that'll be worth a photo. Next up to build another two to fill my grid ;)

Happy friday night guys,

Chris

Yep, there is some serious skills on display here.

We'll done.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! the rusting on the model looks really convincing. I have seen many rat-looks that are so overdone.

Thanks for the info about the pinion.

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

I can't quite make out how the motor is mounted, I see how the bell end is mounted but not the rest.

You've found me out Grant ;)

The motor is screwed into the mount, and the mount is braced forward and aft. There is no front mounting point for the motor. That said the motor shaft lines up with the output shaft on the kit gearbox, which of course has no structural integrity.

The car has done a fair bit of running now and has had some huge offs. The front axle has failed twice due to poor design, and of course there is less paint on the nerf bars.

Otherwise she's proven a very popular runner, everybody wants a go. With the motor so low handling is excellent. The black arrow motor is a hoot too, even pushing such a heavy car the motor sings happily and whilst it warms up it doesn't get hot. In my opinion a much better use than the Ferrari 458 it came from...

I think that motor is insane for the BA 458. I have raced my BA 458 in big digital ninco tracks in europe and a scaleauto baby sprinter is more than enough (21K RPM).

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

I went 18k baby sprinter for mine, plenty enough for home use.

The Willys, however, has started life with a 30k nsr king, pffft, stupid! I've got a 21,400 king on stand by. It's drivable but dangerous, i don't need holes in my walls...