Street Light Tips, Tricks And Ideas

Lloyd Lucas

If you want to do it yourself I have seen somewhere someone made some out of teaspoons that looked OK.

China is best place for ready made, I've had these street lights on my watch list for a few years but never got round to getting any.

Also I did buy some of these pedestrian crossing lights which are great and are incorporated into my track.

If you want to do it yourself I have seen somewhere someone made some out of teaspoons that looked OK.

It's in the how to section of this thread. Lights

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

So going to do the spoon and tube idea.

Need some ideas on running the wires, should i cover the entire layout with 3mm styrene and just cut a channel out to make it easy to change if the blow or just drill holes and run it all underneath my board? Or any other suggestions...

Underneath the board if it's accessible, then you never need to take the layout apart.

I purchased some street lights off ebay a few years ago now, 40 for about $16.

They were smaller than 1/32 but I used 4mm sprinkler tube to extend them to roughly the correct height.

I originally hard wired my building and pit lights from under the track. But the track seems to be getting lower as I get older! So I am in the process of putting plugs in the table surface so the lights etc will just plug in.I started with 2.5mm Jack plugs but had to recess the sockets from under the track! So I am now making some small plates to hold the sockets and fixing them from the top.I can now just unplug the light of building no problems.

Big advantage is that most can be done from above the track and the wire just hooked out to the terminal box,no more climbing under the track.