National Slot Car Day

phoeno29

It's less than one week till we have our open day for NATIONAL SLOT CAR DAY. All are welcome. All the tracks will be available for people to try out, including our 1/32 artin track, small but only a taste of what we're gonna get in for the scale. We will be open from roughly 12noon. There will be some competitions and races on. We also have a bargain bin!

Come along and check us out.

Anyone interested in setting up a free display can come in and set up from 8am. For further info please email us.

click

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT-3.jpg

One more 1/24 scale class of cars you can see and try at the WSCC National Slot Car Day this coming Sunday.

Carrera too seems to be very keen to be part of this big day.

Should be a spectacular view seeing all those GT Cars, with their lights ablaze, going through the bank of the Blue King Track.

Don't miss it this Sunday...........

Cheers

Werner

..is anyone in Victoria doing anything?

You could come to my place for a BBQ guys but there's not much racing happening.. unless I get REAL busy this week & clean up the room.. :P

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

GT-3.jpg

One more 1/24 scale class of cars you can see and try at the WSCC National Slot Car Day this coming Sunday.

Carrera too seems to be very keen to be part of this big day.

Should be a spectacular view seeing all those GT Cars, with their lights ablaze, going through the bank of the Blue King Track.

Don't miss it this Sunday...........

Cheers

Werner

I have been looking at thes new 1/24 Carrera releases on O/S ebay, they are stunning especially the Corvettes IMO. :P

Werner, any chance these cars will be for sale on the day or are these just demo stock from Carrera?

Cheers Manic :)

They'll be more posts about the Luddenham event by others, no doubt. We had a ball on the track there as a few of us joined the regulars for a lot of laughs.

Rule #1 is, as always, thoroughly prepare your car. So when the lads started lining up some of the Carrera 1/24 LMP's, muggins here doesn't have one so I reached for my Tamiya King Cobra. I knew the tyres were a little hard but the motor has gobs of power so the LMP's will get a start then the Cobra will eat them. That was the script, at least until the race started. Race starts and the Cobra as expected spins its wheels, but then unexpectedy also shakes a lot as a tyre has a slight flat spot. In fact, Cobra shakes so much that the drivers head comes loose, pops up and flies over the roll bar. I wish we'd caught that on film :P

Otherwise we had several races, mainly with Carrera 1/24's and one race event with Slotbaker's host cars. Who knows who won, and it doesn't really matter but the racing was fast and furious. The track surface demanded that the cars be driven neatly as possible or risk losing time. Once you got the rhythm, those bigger cars were rewarding to drive quickly. Must do it again soon :P Thanks to Slotbaker, Orangepicker and the Luddenham guys for allowing us to race on their great race track.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Thanks go out to the Luddenham guys for putting up with me and the kids. Had a great time - pity I promised the missus that we wouldn't be too long.

Because the 1/32 cars were wired differently to the 1/24 we had to race in the opposite direction and I didn't want the kids wrecking some of those nice models you guys were racing. The kids were getting a bit rancid too so I thought I'd get some brownie points with the missus and get them all home early.

Next time can you put a sign on the building wich houses the track? I'm sure you get visitors who don't even know theres a slot car track on site.

Again, thanks for the great time.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Hi all,

Well the big day at Wynnum Slot Car Centre was planned, prepared and successfully run.

Congratulations and many thanks to all who put a lot of work into it. Judging on the feedback we received so far, this day certainly paid off.

I think for the first time in OZ, we had all interest groups (HO, 1/32 RTR, 1/24 RTR Scale and Speed Racing as well as 1/24 Drag Racing) coming together.

Below a few photos (Part 1) which outline a great time for our slot car scene :

SD-1.jpg

SD-2.jpg

SD-3.jpg

SD-4.jpg

SD-5.jpg

SD-6.jpg

SD-7.jpg

SD-8.jpg

SD-9.jpg

SD-10.jpg

Although I could only stay for an hour or two, (daughters 4th birthday :lol: ) the day was a really excellent experience for me. The range of products on display on the day was jaw-dropping!! :P

But the highlight for me was doing some laps on the big-blue track at WSCC...If one of the purposes of the day was to increase the profile of the hobby and club racing, then I would have to say it was a huge success. :lol:

Well done WSCC and those responsible!

Cheers Manic :P

Congrats to all who participated in the day, and thank you to those who made the effort to come along to Luddneham.

The other thing about Bumps Tamiya, is that we were running the Carreras at 15.5v, so the old 36d had a bit more get up and go than the driver could handle. He wanted out. :P

Paul, you're right, we gotta get a few signs around the place.

After you left, we organised ourselves to run 10 min brackets of 1:32, then change over to 1:24 so there was no major carnage.

No doubt there will be a few pics posted by those who had cameras, and I've got a few that I will post as soon as I can.

Great display in Qld there guys. I'm drooling over the vintage stuff on display. It makes my humble display into insignificance, but I'll post a pic anyway.

Hope we can do it again next year, bigger & better.

:P

Steve K.

a great day in slot racing to have a national slot car day.

thanks to all the guys that had turned up for the day.

although we were far from all the beautiful displays that wscc have, we did have great fun.

believe us guys we were all exhausted after almost 8 hours on the track.

it did give everyone a work-out as we do have a lot of newcomers on the track :huh:

may i share some photos that were taken just to show how much fun we had with 8 HOURS on the track almost non-stop.

as you can would see..... we didn't evn had time to put our cars in a "display mode"

we just had to take it out of our boxes and on to the track

the slot car addicts!!!!!!

Sta60534.jpg

Sta60525.jpgSta60524.jpg

so many cars

Sta60526.jpg

Sta60527.jpg

Sta60529.jpg

Sta60530.jpg

Sta60531.jpg

the best part of the day

racing to test your skill :P

six cars that were almost identical to each other in speed and handling.......

(i want the blue one!)

Sta60532.jpg

sorry about the quality of the photos, but at least we did have some souvernir photos from the !st national slot car day.

we also welcome" hotrod pete" a newbie to our wonderful hobby who has shown that he is really keen in trying to drive his nib carrera ferrari :D 250 swb. (one of the 5 black ferrari s that were on the track :D

welcome peter, and thanks for coming

I must add my thanks and congratulations to all those involved throughout Australia who participated in the National Slot Car Day. I am sure that many of us at sometime or other thought of all those at other tracks and venues who were doing exactly the same as we all were at exactly the same time and that is enjoying slot cars in the company of others that share our hobby with us. I know that may sound a little weird but I am passionate about this hobby and it goes with the territory I am afraid.

I can not finish this message off without thanking the Queensland participants that made the day as successful as it was. Firstly to Tony, the owner of WSCC for hosting the day and opening his facility to all comers for absolutely no charge. It's a very rare thing indeed for a business owner to be so gracious in the way Tony was. Without his support the day would never have happened in Brisbane.

The new managers at WSCC Mary-Ann and Ricky whose enthusiasm is in overdrive and were the instigators of setting a date and getting things rolling from an idea into a reality. Keep it up guys.

To Werner the 1/24th guru whose time, effort and enthusiasm for slot cars is only matched by his knowledge and skill. The display of 1/24th cars from all eras dating back to the 60's right through to current release cars was a seen to be believed situation. Some truly beautiful cars and an insprirational display overall. Thanks from so many people Werner, your display of cars was without doubt the highlight of the entire day.

Richo for making the trip down the mountain all the way from Toowoomba with a terrific HO track and car display as pictured above. A huge effort mate and very well done. It was great to see the HO boys represented. I know a lot of people enjoyed your display and hands on driving with the HO cars.

And lastly to Paul, Bob, Martin, Yan, Simon, Stu and Jason and the drag boys. You were there for the best part of the day and helped to make it all come together.

Well done everyone!!!!

Now I may be walking over pre-trodden ground but I'd like to give a hearty thanks to Pheono for thinking this up in the first place (even though I had no boys to play with :huh: )..

.. it's a moment of genius & I daresay next year we'll be even better organised for the Second Sunday in December!!! :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Yes Eno, Martin was the originator of this thread and of course the initial idea. I did fail to mention Martins contribution but we up here in Brisbane just take his brain storms for granted these days. Afterall, Martin is the Q32 "Ideas Man" a badge he wears so well but after seeing his abilities at building his own board track he may be taking on the mantle as the "Can Do Man".

Thanks Martini for sowing the orginal seed for the NSCD.

Next year if theres not a lot on down here in Vic, I'll more than likely throw the doors open for racing here - my 4 lane wood track should be well and truly done by then.

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I might have come up with the idea but the members of this board and the various slot communities made it happen. :)

Heres some pics from the WSCC day. I havn't posted some that I took as they are similar to whats been shown already from the WSCC. It was a pleasing sight to see 40 to 50 at one time in the 'house'.

Some of Werners amazing slot cars..........

werner01.jpg

werner02.jpg

werner03.jpg

werner04.jpg

Carrera 24th scale cars for sale.

carreraforsale.jpg

Q32 members Justin, Glen, Denis and Paul driving the Carrera 24th scale cars.

carrera24-1.jpg

carrera24-2.jpg

Drag guys (not guys in drag)

dragguys.jpg

And their cars....

dragcars.jpg

and the odd truck...

dragtruck.jpg

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

I'd kill to be able to get some of those HO speedway cars in 1/32!! They're hot!

Gref, if yours isn't ready mine will be (I hope) - Victoria will happen for sure next year!

Perro - that pic still gives me gooseberrys! So Pheono is the ideas man hey? We definately want more then.. (and the pictures!) :)

• 2 years later...
Luddenham is a goer if anyone is interested.

Since the polarity to our track has been reversed, things should be a lot more simple.

<_<

Hey Steve

Count me in if you get it up and running.

Steve059 :nice:

Steve

ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS BEFORE OR AFTER

IS JUST WAITING RACING IS LIFE STEVE MCQUEEN