National Slot Car Day

phoeno29

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Well, only four weeks to go to the big day on 11.December and the preparations are certainly shifting into high gear.

As already announced the National Slot Car Day for QLD will be happening at WSCC as their facilities more or less offer everything to host such an event.

So what will be happening on the day ?

The main emphasis will be that we have a social coming together of people which have one thing in common : They all love slot car racing in its various forms.

For this reason there will be the opportunity for everybody to see, touch, feel and try almost anything what is avialable on todays slot racing market, from HO (scale and speed), 1/32 RTR (magnet and non magnet), 1/24 (scale and speed) to 1/24 and 1/32 Drag Racing Cars.

A display of some expensive vintage slot cars from the golden sixties will also be available just to re-ignite some memories.

Track testing will be possible, if you want to have a go with one particular class of car. There will also be racing on all four tracks organized on the day within various classes.

Newcomers to the hobby will be catered for by experienced racers from all interest groups also info material and a large parts range will be available.

Of course food and drink will be organized to keep everybody happy in this regard.

Well, this is the blueprint of our event here in QLD. So let's hear what is happening where in all the other states because the more publicity we can create, the better the whole thing will finally turn out to be.

Cheers

Werner

Werner,

Sounds good.

How about it, Sydney guys??

I'm not sure if we have agreed on a venue yet.

There has been 3 suggestions.

Rene - has offered his track, if it's finished in time.

Routed 1:32 track, with copper tape. (no magnet)

Slotbaker - Luddenham is go.

Routed 1:24 track, with copper braid. (no magnet)

Sports Racer - Suggested Armchair as a second venue on the day.

Ninco track (magnet)

Did I miss any?

What about it? What do we all want to do?

There seems to be a few takers for Luddenham, but what about the rest?

As Werner points out, not alot of time left to organise things.

:unsure:

Steve K.

OK, anyone from South Australia interested at all?

I canvassed our club and kinda got a very luke warm response.

So with this in mind, is there others who would be interested in doing something. Maybe take over Thunderbirds for the day?

To you guys in Queensland, that is a top job. Claps for all

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

It doesn't seem like there is much enthusiasm here in Sydney for this occasion. ;)

So, for those in Sydney who are interested, Luddenham will be open for playtime at 11:00, through to about 5~6ish.

There are picnic tables and chairs, plus electric BBQs if you feel like cooking, and stacks of parking.

For $5, you can use the track until you cars smoke. :)

Idealy, 1:24 cars will be wired with left braid positive, and 1:32 cars the reverse.

We can run the 1:32 in opposite direction for the day to save stuffing about with wires.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll PM details.

:)

Steve K.

Should we bring meat and beer? I will bring me a driver assuming he isn't working.

Vinno, it's a bring your own everything, or not.

So, if you feel like a barbie, bring it.

Aftercheckin out the SSME site and the video of the 1/4 scale RC sprint cars I'd be keen to check them out too

Pete, unfortunately, the 1/4 scalers probably wont be running on the day.

They normally run on the last Sunday of the month, and/or per their calendat of events. You can check their website through the SSME link.

27th November is last open day for this year.

You're right, they are awwwsome.

The good guys make them look like the real thing, but the not-so-good guys....well they're entertaining. :lol:

Steve K.

• 2 weeks later...

....Only two weeks to go until the big day here at Wynnum Slot Car Centre on 11.December and that day seems to get bigger and bigger......

With the inclusion of a 4-lane HO Track, provided by Nomad Raceways from Toowoomba, we will now properly cover the little scale as well. There will be demonstrations and racing on an HO Oval Track showing what this scale has to offer, from stock AFX over modifieds to very fast open class cars.

This coming Thursday (1.12.), there will be a test and set-up evenning at WSCC in view of the new clubracing season which starts on 15.December. There will be free track time available, also some more experienced racers will be there to give all newcomers a hand with their cars and they will also answer all questions.

On Thursday 8.December, this test night will be repeated.

So come along to the nice airconditioned WSCC and enjoy a good session of slot car racing.

Cheers

Werner

Looks like the banana benders are going to be having a good display. B)

Hope you take plenty of pics.

Unless there are some volunteers to put on something similar at Luddenham, we will be having a few races of run what you brung in 1:32 & 1:24, plus tyre kicking each others cars. :)

I'll bring a few 60's cars and controllers, and if anyone else can bring other things of interest, I'm sure others will be glad to see them.

As mentioned before, we'll start at 11:00, and go through to about 5~6ish or until we've had enough.

There are picnic tables and chairs, plus electric BBQs if you feel like cooking.

I'd suggest a picnic type lunch if you're planning on eating out there, but remember, it's byo everything. There is no food or drink available on site.

There is an electric jug for hot water if needed.

So, 1:24 cars to be wired with left braid positive and running the correct way around the track, and 1:32 cars with right braid positive (as they come standard out of the box) running reverse direction. We can run the 1:32 in opposite direction for the day to save stuffing about with wires.

I had a run 'round the track in the opposite direction yesterday, and it's quite difficult, but It'll be the same for all of us.

Anything else I need to cover??

:D

Steve K.

standard 3 pin plug...you know , it has the round earth pin

Nup, not on the commercial tracks in Sydney.

3 Pin, yeah, but all normal straight pins on track and 15amp socket on controller.

It's the 15 amp socket, because it doesn't have the weather shroud on it.

The fittings on the track are the older style, and sockets with the shroud don't fit.

You could use normal 10amp, and cut the shroud off.

Wire it up with Black wire to earth, Red to active, and White wire to Neutral.

(I'll post a pic asap to save any confusion)

Because the track has pins, you can use aligator clips to connect, but they can fall off.

There are some loaner controllers that can be used if needed.

:)

Steve K.

Hey!

This slot car day is out of control. We're getting people from all over Brisbane coming along and showing their wares. There are newbies popping in and their eyes popping out. It's so good to see that new blood will be injected into the sport.

We're eventually gonna do a ladies nite, where the guys bring along their daughters, girlfriends, friends and wives (female any and all) for a free go. Same rules as most ladies nites, women don't pay.....hehe.

Maybe we should have the fastest rebuild competition.....who's the fastest in the whole land.

click