18K Fk-130

Wobble

In some of our 18k classes I occasionally use a Ninco car but I usually find the NC9 Sparker is outgunned on the longer straights by Carrera and Scaley powered cars. I've tried going to a 10 tooth pinion but there's not enough torque to make any real improvement. I think an 18k version might do the job so while perusing TheBay the other day I came across these and put an order in for a few to try them out.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi I don't know how to put a link on but I have just got 6 motors from china they say 22000rpm they are black stripe the same as Scaly and fly the 6 motors run in tested range from 18900RPM to 22300RPM I have scaly motor pulls 22200.

The site on ebay is number 262612305703 and check his store I got Avant rolling set up no tyres $10 US.

Hi Kart68,

To put a link, copy web address then just highlight some text in your reply and click on the chain symbol lower row in text options and paste link in the correct box.

DC 6V-12V 22500RPM High Speed Magnetic Mabuchi 130 Motor for Hobby Toy Car Boat

• 4 weeks later...

These arrived today and although I haven't had a chance to test them I ran one on a 9v battery to see what it 'sounds' like.

Revs seem to be about midway between a Ninco NC9 Sparker and a Scalex black stripe motor so should be pretty close to 18k.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Being metal brushes they probably will not last long, but at that price who cares!

I found some 10,000 rpm duel shaft fk130 Carbon brush motors, and they test at 20,000 on 12 volts.

Look like the go for keeping up with the Scalex etc.

Edited by kalbfellp

• 2 weeks later...

Last evening I finally had a chance to try out a Ninco 1 Mustang with one of these motors in it and I can't say I'm too disappointed at all. In future they will be my go to motor for an 18k FK-130. I have a couple of Ninco 1 cars that need a bit more punch and a couple of Ninco classics that need less than a NC5.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hows the torque on these things?

I'd say as good as if not better than a Scaley 18k. especially running inline 3:1 ratio. I've tried them in 3 cars, a Ninco 1 Mustang and it's definitely quicker than running a sparker in it and will easily keep up with most 18k GT type cars. Ferrari TR with 1 of these is quicker than the same car with a red NC2 and classic 56 Corvette is slightly slower than the same car with NC5.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

NC2's need a significant gearing boost to perform at their best...

10/24 is probably getting close to right for them...

Ordered some of these 19k motors yesterday they are knurled shaft and copper carbon brush.

Also ordered some of these 18k motors steel brush from same guy, not knurled.

Will let all know how they go once received.

Ordered some of these 19k motors yesterday they are knurled shaft and copper carbon brush.

Also ordered some of these 18k motors steel brush from same guy, not knurled.

Will let all know how they go once received.

Some of the 19k motors are on their way here too. Apparently their torque rating is slightly higher than the black stripe motors so should be better in inline cars with higher ratios.

The 18k motors are goodies and the same as the motors in post #1. I think you'll be quite happy with them. I'm getting more of them.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We often race 18k American muscle and as much as I like my SCX Cuda's they are always off the pace. One has a RX42B pod and motor and starts to get moving halfway through the race and even with a 10 tooth pinion I'm always following the leader with it.

This one had a RK42 motor and pod and the RK has plenty of punch but even less top end so I tried one of these and 2 screws hold the motor in place without any modifications or adapters. The hot glue is just to stop pod rock and not on the motor. Now it's right up there with the best of the Scaley Camaros.

DSCF5564.jpg

DSCF5565.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Interesting motor choice there Bram.

If you want one with carbon brushes, one of these could be the go...

http://www.mrrc.com/car-components/motors/motors/motor-13d-speed18-18000upm/12v

ps. The RK's much prefer a 10 or 11 tooth pinion.

pps. The RX's take FOREVER to warm up, but are definately fast enough then...

Some of the guys here 'warm' them up on a tamiya speed checker, but often, just sitting on the grid is enough to put the 42b's off the pace for a few laps...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Interesting motor choice there Bram.

If you want one with carbon brushes, one of these could be the go...

http://www.mrrc.com/...18-18000upm/12v

ps. The RK's much prefer a 10 or 11 tooth pinion.

pps. The RX's take FOREVER to warm up, but are definately fast enough then...

Some of the guys here 'warm' them up on a tamiya speed checker, but often, just sitting on the grid is enough to put the 42b's off the pace for a few laps...

Cheers for that s_r. The carbon brush version doesn't appeal to me anymore than these and I'm real happy with how these motors perform. We've had the Scaley slim can motors with their precious metal brushes for ages now and they rev higher and pack more punch than these do so the brushes don't bother me and $27NZ for 10, well...say no more.

I tried a 10 and 11 tooth pinion in this car but performance was still really lackluster especially with the long straights on Wazzas track but with this motor 9:27 gearing is spot on.

My other Cuda does speed up too but I'm going to do the same swap so it goes ok right from the outset. Plus I've got a couple of SCX Nascars and GT's that need a boost too.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Still waiting for mine, but knowing they are competitive is great news.