Round One ...... Casula Raceway

gazza

Managed to sort out some of the problems from last weekend and have finally started the series

First stage saw a lot of cars (and driver) sorting themselves out to the new class

As always my track, being the roughest one in the event, tested the cars to the limit

Most performed very well, but a couple may come good on a flatter layout

Everyone will be pleased to know that the notorious hairpin has been tamed and very few cars had any problems and is reflected in the times

I was pleased that all the different makes were all close, overall time wise,

But with only 10 second separating 2nd to 15 in this early stage it's still open to anyone

Stage one was run under a nice sunny day, which had the track warmed up nicely and some fast times

Voltage was at 10 volts, i know everyone cringes when i announce this, but more volts does not make the cars go faster on these tracks, doing a constant laps without coming off leads to a good overall time, a few offs will add a second or two to the overall time, so consistency is the key

Round 1 will be run over 3 "stages" of 8 laps each

Some of the action

x_181254.jpg

x_181449.jpg

x_181014.jpg

x_181534.jpg

x_110724.jpg

x_112205.jpg

x_113158.jpg

x_115145.jpg

x_154207.jpg

x_115506.jpg

x_154655.jpg

x_152043.jpg

b_202055.jpg

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Happy 60th today Gazza. :rolleyes:

It will be very interesting to see the results of the next stage and also the performances on different tracks and surfaces.

B)

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Interesting all using the same motor and the difference in speed between the field 174.420 is a outstanding time looking at the rest of the times there, do think the Lancia will be the car to have over the series

You may be right PG but there were some great results on my track when I gave each car a couple of laps on my track when they arrived to see if they worked ok. Some of the RS 200's and Metro's could trouble the Lancia's on some tracks.

I hope the series stays even but in a sense it will be a development series for many of us :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Great to finally be underway.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Blimey, look what me and the hat missed when we were sleeping on a crash mat in a corridor between the two world champion snorers! Either that or Husqvarna were doing a chainsaw demo just outside the hall.

Great to see the series under way again, great to see the field reasonably closely grouped. And what a cracking way to spend your birthday - doing our second favourite activity! I'm a big fan of dropping the voltage - a lot of classes run far better at 10v than 18v, or anywhere else in between.

Good luck folks, this year is going to be a great learning experience for us all.

• Upvote 1
wosautos12.gif

Magic! The fun begins...

I expected that the RS200 would be favorite (sic) as it is the lowest. When contemplating the options, I have to admit to succumbing to the looks of the Belga car but have not run it very much up to now.

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini
  • Upvote 1
Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Stage 2 results, with a bit of movement up and down on the ladder

Another close stage with Slo1quick not having it all his own way, and Alexis looks set to pounce

With 5 seconds between 1st and 15th, it's still very close

Pepsi & Johnny are both running the scalextric guide, Johnny standard and Pepsi the large routed track version, without any up and down movement the cars are running on the front wheels, and when the hit a bump or uneven surface they fly off, fast slow or snail pace it doesn't matter, the should perform better on some of the flatter tracks

The Fords are starting to come good, Aquakiwis RS goes like a bullet but it's the only one that has a problem with the hairpin only getting around it only half the time and each time it lost a minimum of a second which all adds up, and the occasional hickup here and there, the only thing i can find that may be the problem is the flag sticking out the front, causing it hit the outer part of the groove on some tighter corners.

DSC_0021_zpsikvigkho.jpg

The Metros have to be driven with maximum concentration as they are a little top heavy but most are nice and smooth to drive, which makes you want to push it a little more then the balance takes over and over it goes.

As i've said this is only Round 1, other tracks with different surfaces, different layouts will bring different results for many of the cars that look like they're not performing ........ early days

Round%201%20Stage%202%20Results_zpsjzk5das8.jpg

88_zpsf4kt4jsv.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsouqrfkmh.jpg

DSC_0061_zpskye7tdjz.jpg

54_zpsxl2e8ph8.jpg

DSC_0136_zpsbyf7zwrn.jpg

69.2_zpskxbumfju.jpg

62_zps8djcvbtj.jpg

8.2_zpsotwggc2j.jpg

DSC_0253_zpsyb45esf5.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsop4qtzpf.jpg

DSC_0166_zpsuwuptsz2.jpg

Stage%201%20amp%202%20Progressive_zpsauxr6lbq.jpg

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Well done to the organisers and podiumites. A conclusive victory for you there Stu.

For the Kiwis well done Aquakiwi in your Ford RS200 and congrats to Branco for leading the Metro contingent.

See Peter Gunn trailing a bit at the start again. Is another charge up the ranks going to happen. We will have to wait and see.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

• Upvote 1

1 stage still to go. Nice fastest lap in stage 2 Chas. I must say this formula that the event organisers have devised seems to be brilliant, how close is this???

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Well the results are in for the final round.

A bit more shuffling from the ones starting to show some form.

Even though all the cars are running the same setup, and on paper should all perform the same, to the most part they do which is really good to see, it looks like the choice and placement of weight might be the key to some pretty good stage times

As said many times, this is only the first round and there is plenty of tracks with different surfaces, layouts, grip level to come, so here's hoping the times stay close for the rest of the event

Some of the action ......

DSC_0108_zpsdz4tqkmk.jpg

DSC_0017_zpszof1hota.jpg

DSC_0132_zpsazbvjdvw.jpg

DSC_0022_zps6bonhl2w.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsv3atjmej.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsvaroy2zj.jpg

DSC_0080_zps7pge5xmi.jpg

DSC_0116_zpsaeiyhah3.jpg

Round%201%20Stage%203%20Results%202_zpsfu8sr1hp.jpg

DSC_0013_zpszauqqfzk.jpg

DSC_0265_zpstyrfgnh2.jpg