Springbok Racer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Al,

Obviously we all have our own preferences when it comes to axles, bearings, guides, braids and wheels. The finish and decal set used on the body can also vary dramatically based on your chosen livery. So I will say (based on using one of my RedRoo chassis) between $300 and $350 if you built it yourself. However, if someone had to build you a RTR car it can be anything from $600 to $750.

If you consider getting into this type of open chassis racing, please remember both the GT3 and the OAPR LMP classes are using the long can motor and the RedRoo chassis are designed around that. Not only does the motorbox and chassis plate have the large cut out, but the balance of the chassis is also designed for the heavier long can motors and the 13mm wide rear wheels.

I must also remind you that you can make your own chassis, or modify any commercially available chassis, or mix parts from different chassis. So if you have the inclination, time and skill, just make it all yourself and it could save you lots of $$$.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Finally got a car ready for Melbourne this weekend. Running a old school Plafit 1800 with a tweak or 2, not expecting to keep up the hot shot Red Roos or Johnson cars but looking forward to making up the numbers.

36514144616_c5c61495ef_z.jpg

36514144116_f48d4cb5ea_z.jpg

35751118463_f78f15a0fd_z.jpg

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

......not expecting to keep up the hot shot Red Roos or Johnson cars but looking forward to making up the numbers.

Cheers,

- Cam

Yeah right.... mate you have never made up the numbers. Beautiful Camaro, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Jan

Hi guys,

This class showed why it will become one of the best classes in Scale Model Car racing we have seen in a long time - this past weekend at MrSlotcar down in Melbourne during the Slotcar Fest. Andrew's concept has proven to work and every aspect of it's specification is right. There is not just one body that work - they all work, which gives us variety on track and the beautiful array of shapes and liveries that make up Modern GT3 racing. The open chassis specification also showed that you can make anything work, from a basic Plafit chassis to an exotic CNC design, they all ran at the top level. It was great to see the ingenious modifications to commercially available parts and the combination of different pieces that guys have produced and assembled for such a fast, well handling and exciting class.

Keep them coming.

Jan