Bargain Chassis And Long Cans

slotmadmac

4 chassis and 3 motors ordered...

Note: The MSC yellow motor is the same motor as what is shipped in the MSC rally cars, and in the scaleauto 1/24's...

• 2 weeks later...

My order of these chassis's and long cans arrived today. Very happy - the chassis's are even better than I'd hoped. The chassis front axle stubs are alloy with a nice 3 way M2 grub screw adjustment and they're easily converted to accept a solid axle. Rear bushes are plastic with lube holes. There is a M2 grub screwed axle stopper. Even the gear mesh was very good from the get go. Haven't tested the motors but they are branded MSC long cans so I don't expect any issues. Climb in.

Edited by slotmadmac

Podiums are for short people.

Mine arrived yesterday too. Very well packed and yes better than I thought they'd be too.

XqdCJMYl.jpg

Looking online they seem to be from the Porsche Kremer CK8. Pendle's have the bodies separately but I don't really need another LM car.

I slipped some tyres on one and it went really well. Wheel base wise I sat a Scaley Camaro on it and it was spot on but the rear width meant the tyres were sticking out by 3 mm on each side.

The angle winder pod wouldn't allow for much adjustment on the gear side (tyre hits pinion if you move the wheel) but inline or sidewinder pod might sort that...? Or a flare job hmm B)

Edited by Capri-corn7

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Hi,

Just grabbed a few myself, quite impressed with the quality for the price. Very quick, very low, but magnets way too strong IMO, one would be enough, but I took them all out. Fits many of the larger of my waiting resin kits from Phil. Might be a bit tricky to slim down for narrower cars, although this is room on the non-gear side to bring wheel in. Narrowing the front could be tricky too, but could always shave it down and put a fixed axle in instead.

The grub screws are tiny though, any idea what size allen key I'd need to fit these, and where I'd get one? The smallest I have is too big.

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

Mine arrived yesterday too. Very well packed and yes better than I thought they'd be too.

XqdCJMYl.jpg

You only bought 3?

I found a site that sells them for US$5.88 with free shopping. I can't buy alloy wheels for that price let alone a complete chassis so bought 18.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322384058302?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Mine have arrived...

Like the second ad, there is a little rust, but nothing more than seen on some new fly's...

Yeah, that's almost too good to be true. I already bought 8, but grabbed another 5 at the cheaper price. As the man said, each component (motor, chassis, wheels) would cost you more than that alone.

Cheers,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

Even I have bought a couple and I don't know why!!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Someone asked me why I bought 18. I figure in years to come when I'm looking for a set of alloy wheels or gears or good guide to upgrade a car I'll still be able to go to the drawer and grab them off my US$5.88 special.

If I can find a cheap and available body I'll see if we can use them as a new class for club racing. At least no-one can complain about the price to race a car.

May the downforce be with you.

I bought another 5 thanks for the tip.Wheelbase matches so far

-SCX Ferrari 599 it is fitted and runs very well,used side suspension holes to make body posts

-Ninco Mosler,rear body post matches exactly ,front body post has to be glued on the cockpit,i am lookig for a workaround

-Scalextric Aston Martin

-MB Ferrari 430 same problem as with Mosler

-Scalextric Camaro

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

A piece of info for those who have bought the bargain chassis

Wheelbase matches so far

-SCX Ferrari 599 it is fitted and runs very well,used side suspension holes to make body posts

-Ninco Mosler,rear body post matches exactly ,front body post has to be glued on the cockpit,I am lookig for a workaround

-Scalextric Aston Martin

-MB Ferrari 430 same problem as with Mosler

-Scalextric Camaro

-Scalextric Opel Calibra (the old one with black windows)

-Scalextric Mercedes C-Klasse with black windows C2438&9

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg