Corvette C1

ZeGas

My IPS entry is complete and on its way.

I decided on a 'vette of the C1 flavour.

Not because I really like them but because I am not into, in a big way, american muscle, like them, but ....

So I thought a 'vette would be good as it would be easier to let go of.

WRONG

Looks like I like american muscle more than I thought.

This has been, by far, my favourite build.

Specs

Chassis - 3D Print own design

Motor - BWA

Gears - Slot.it 28/10

Rims - Penelope Pitlane

Tyres - Front old rubber with super glue

- Rear Ortmann

Guide - Sloting Plus Universal EVO Guide PCS

Body - George Turner Special

Weight - Total 89gms additional Tungsten Polymer

20170306165906-44745bef-me.jpg

20170306165858-2d2f9425-me.jpg

20170306165852-9bafd315-me.jpg

20170306165849-278e9032-me.jpg

Also thought I'd have a crack at designing my own chassis and 3D print it, using glow in the dark PLA.

20170306173744-651ef30a-me.jpg

20170306165915-2db7eeb5-me.jpg

20170306165917-884752b0-me.jpg

20170214143352-1aaacefa.jpg

Really looking forward to this year, will be interesting to see the range of tyres and how they all perform.

Good luck everyone.

Let the racing begin ........ soon

Edited by ZeGas

It goes through an inner R1 curve so should be.

The underbelly photo is a bit fish-eyed, the guide is not viewable from above.

• Upvote 1

Waaaaay too good looking to let the great unwashed drive without supervision.

I suggest you withdraw it, send to Hawkes Bay for some serious photographic journalism while still in perfect nick.

Someone, eg Munter or Carter will then return it shortly thereafter . . . . . . . unless it somehow gets lost in the return post.......... :ph34r:

And that is a really interesting wee chassis design. How does it compare to the production jobbies like PP, PCC1 etc for performance?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks David it will be interesting to see but I think the GTO's will go well again this year.

Rules are Rules Manimmal, as Alexis would say, and rightly so,

"5) Underside of car chassis and body must clear track road surface (not rails), on level track, by 1.5 mm minimum prior to the running of the first race........".

Hey Mark,

Spain must be good to you with all those compliments spewing out, far too much Estrella me thinks.

I have only tested the chassis out as a comparison with Georges own and it is about 0.7 of a second faster over my rally track.

Given that the best average I got from Georges was 8.2 and mine was 7.5 that I guess is about 8.5% faster, but then so other many factors go into it and I didn't have time to really tune with Georges chassis.

I reckon I could get more out of Georges.

The chassis has springs between that and the pod at the rear fixing points.

Tried a few different tensions but Werners (Ace Hobbies) medium springs seemed the best for this car.

The ones shown in the photo are some Black Arrow (hard) I snaffled from another car to try out.

20170206090136-0fa6a592-me.jpg

That also means that the ride height adjustment is really easy, I set this one at exactly 1.5mm, if the adjudicators disagree then it is just a turn of the screw to adjust.

Been a fun exercise.

Have tried to design a better Ninco 934 chassis, struggling with internal clearance to the car interior, and have put it to one side for a while, will try again when I get some inspiration.

Also just started looking at options for the SRC Capri's, that's in its infancy as well.

Very nice job there Grant...

Looks great completed.