Round 7 Minto Rally Park

Welcome to Rnd 7 of the 2017 Oz Proxy at "Minto Rally Park"

Minto%20Rally%20Park%20Panorama_zpsdawd0svr.jpg

Hi guys . Rnd 6 of the Oz Proxy will start this weekend weather permitting . For those who dont know about my tracks , I also have a road circuit that can be moved outside my garage and covered when not in use or when doing Proxys .

The main circuit (pic below) which can be run by itself and I have 2 other extensions that can be all fitted seperately or all together to create a 39 mtr layout. Surface is a polyurethane paving paint .

Main Track

MintoRallyParkLayout1.jpg

!st Ext

pic3.jpg

2nd Ext

pic4.jpg

This time round I'm using the 2nd extension ((above) which gives me around a 27mtr layout. Voltage will be 10v and will be using a Slot-It controller. Scoring is race Co-Ordinator. Mel and Gaz will be over for marshalling and camera duties as usual .

Will be doing the usual clean and test tomorrow night when everything is up and running. Little bit worried about a couple of the cars from Gary's round. Anyway "LET THE FUN BEGIN"

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

bahahaha, a very loose definition of racing

I suppose you could say it's loose and we are keen rally nuts

Round%207_zpsbal3riqo.png

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi guys . What a weekend , btween the rain and having to put 3 sheets of plastic over the road circuit and totally forgetting about a club round, this has been a hectic weekend Gaz Mel and myself. I"ll start with the only casuality from friday nights test being Dylans Mini. Unfortunatley his drive belt didnt last from Gazza's and a couple of laps in and it let go.

DSC_0002_zpsnadswfps.jpg

Class of 2017 Raids

Raid%20Field_zpskjdlvfip.jpg

Here are the results of the Raids

Stage 1

Stage%201_zpsbnkq5urx.jpg

Raid%20stage%201%20winners_zpsl3wsu4j0.jpg

Stage%202_zpsqilqcrlo.jpg

Raid%20stage2%20winners_zpsqzoc4xla.jpg

Final%20results_zpskjxurioe.jpg

Raid%20Final%20Result%20pic_zpsiwl0hsfq.jpg

Don't know what to say but My Volksy knows its way around my track . Congrats Phil , AMCC and Codes.

I'm putting the other results up tomorrow and Tuesday night hopefully being home from work at a reasonable hour.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Ok , here we go with the Classics. Just to answer Gas41t ( Rosco) Mate the beemer went well but suffered like some others . Push a little harder and deslots on corners it wasnt suppose to come off. So you back off a little so to not make the same mistakes.

Minto Rally Park Classics

Class of 2017

Classics%20Field_zpsmjbz6hlt.jpg

Stage 1

Stage%201_zps3cb3v6xr.jpg

Classics%20stage1%20winners_zpsilakceyp.jpg

Stage 2

Stage%202_zpsosqmne4a.jpg

Classics%20stage2%20winners_zpsscucyve5.jpg

Final Results

Final%20Results_zpsepsrx3sq.jpg

Classics%20overall%20Winner_zpsmqod1coq.png

The man came through for me . Thanks Mel . Dont know how you did it , so I wont ask :huh::D .

With that Congrats to the podiumites Peter Gunn , Gas41t , Ben M and Shadow Rusty.

Due to popular belief my car didnt do as well on my track :o . Got to admit I did go a bit cocky and pushed it :wacko: .

I am also sorting out car pics as well that Gaz took and will post them up after the round results are finished being posted. Will also try and give feed back on cars as well.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

Sorry guys for some unknown reason I haven't got the pic of the Final Podium. Most probably in a hurry to give the cars to Mel. Anyway I will endeavor to get those podium cars back after Mel does his next rnd and get a pic, so watch this space.

Cheers Craig

In case some are wondering why I have the cars back.

They are heading out west about 1hr on the weekend for a round at Nuggets Hill

NuggetsHillTrack_zps12014a71.png32Historic_zpsb702b7fa.png

19_zpse3f29076.png18_zps0869aa16.png

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Well done Craig...

Congrats to the podiumites...

Totally confused how I can go from 2nd in the first heat to 11th in the second...

But that's racing I guess...

Thanks for all the efforts put in to make this series what it is , GREAT, congrats to the other pods and pleased with the Ford think last year it was 4th here same car all round except for new tyres and braid at the start of the series, Rusty noticed that!!!, also your car was 3rd fastest in the second round as well.

Ok , he we go for the last of the 3 classes .

Minto Rally Park Oz Proxy - WRC

Class of 2017

Wrc%20Field_zpsnqqibli0.jpg

Stage 1

Stage%201_zps0wdlsvll.jpg

Wrc%20stage%201%20winners_zpsfq2e3phi.jpg

Stage 2

Stage%202_zpsoaarutgr.jpg

Wrc%20stage2%20winners_zpsntu5rv9h.jpg

Final Results

Final%20Results_zpsuqk5ko2d.jpg

Wrc%20final%20result%20pic_zpsxa189c9m.jpg

Congrats to those on the podium with me,Curef99, Mark and Mel .

Again this Citroen of mine loves my track . I used it a bit for our Slotkhana's which it did well.

Still sorting out pics so shouldn't be long till I post them and haven't forgotten about revues on each class. Thanks all for allowing me to run your cars on my track. And to Cure , thanks , any reason to get the rally track out and run it, gives me a reason not to get rid of it .

Cheers Craig

Forgot to mention that Boss302 , your Focus kept on loosing it's front wheels through the 2nd stage. So after the stage we knotched the axle and super glued it back on . Hopefully it should stay on at Mels next round.

Craig

I've stared into the fire and won against Joe Z racing many times, and what a blast, doubt you guys could claim the same.

The super moderator Gazza used to hassle Joe endlessly for being a cripple with spare time on his hands and a winners determination as the reason for Joe winning races, AND WHAT IS WRONG THERE???.

We haven't missed Gazza the super moderator at any meet he has not attended since.

You 3 farkers call me directly, I'll PM my number, as I'd like to discuss in person the antics that have gone on previously.

I have 4 MJKs sitting out in the sun since this news broke. One is the special control tyre. No degration yet.

I personally believe the tyre came into contact with some type of fluid

Oils like WD40 will degrade urethane...

I tend to use silicone based oils as they are better on plastics, but even they can affect rubber...

I have 4 MJKs sitting out in the sun since this news broke. One is the special control tyre. No degration yet.��

I personally believe the tyre came into contact with some type of fluid ������

but i have 8 cars failing (2 int he proxy and 6 at home). unless my wife decide to make a science experiment with my 12y old, i do not see this happening.