Sign in to follow this  
Tazracer

Endbell Drive Motor Mounts

Someone may be able to help. I am converting a number of cars to 3d printed chassis and try to re-use the existing motors. It seems that slot it etc have stopped making enbell drive motor mounts.

I have used the Devis 3d printed mounts, but for some cars it is better to use lighter mounts.

any ideas?

thanks

Brian you do not say if you want sidewinder or inline?

Slot it inline Reverse mounts are still available, but not sidewinder ones.

You can also use angle winder mounts with adapters to suit the S can motors.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Ooops, should have thought to be clear that my question was for sidewinder availability in end bell drive configuration.

The all can end drive from what I can find. Really a problem when all the motors being used as donors have short end bell shafts.

Have thought about the anglewinder option but space tends to be a premium.

thinking of space saving Phil, do you still generic interiors by any chance.

Don't most modern FC-130 motors have the same shaft length at both ends? FK-130 motors will still fit with a widget?

I think what you need is whats called "old sidewinder" CH03b or CH44b

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

Unfortunately, there is still no standard in fc-130's. Most aftermarket manufactures ship with dual shafts, but the 'major' players are single end drive.

Scaley and Fly are endbell drive, whilst Carrera are can drive.

whilst Carrera are can drive.

As are Revell. Or at least the ones I have

Outside the box looking in.

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

Thanks for the comments guys.

My issue is that the 3d printed chassis bug has bitten me so and I'm using the old motors in the pods, however it is difficult to get sidewinder end bell drive pods. Can end drive pods are not a problem, but as I'm coverting mostly fly models the black stripe motors only have short shafts on the can end.

the 3d chassis are great, don't take much time to fit, and turn terrible running (on wood) cars such as the porsche 911, 934/5 into great runners. I am using devis design pods that are also 3d printed, but the sdewinder pods don't fit anywhere near as well as the inlines.

Done about 15 cars now, and more to go, and it starts getting expensive when I have to look at buying too many motors.

Tazracer, we're happy to look further into the fitment of our sidewinderpods into your chassis of choice. We've not had anyone tell us of any fitment problems, but maybe rather than try to fix they problem they'd rather just give up.

We are happy to help in any way we can to get you the product that you want/need.

Best,

Jeremy

Devis3D Designs, LLC