Kommandant33

I Want To Drive A Modern F1 Car.

Hey all,

I have a Scalextric digital track - and I would LOVE to drive a modern F1 car around the track.

My concern is that we have been using the slot.it cars with the SP15B chip in them since we built the track - and the Scalextric cars now just feel sluggish.

Are the Scalextric F1 cars a bit more exciting to drive than their touring cars? Are there better options - like the Carrera? Or has anyone successfully upgraded the Scaley F1 cars with a higher RPM motor and a SP15B chip?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Komm

He'll be Komm'in 'round the corner when he comes...

AuSlot_zpsi7z6mmju.jpg

The Scaley F1's run the ~22k FF-050 motor, so should feel ok...

But they won't have the handling, or the 'punch' of the slot.it's...

Scalextric F1 cars have a FF-050 motor rated at 22,800 rpm and 147 gcm or torque this make them a little bit more than equivalent to a Slot.It V12/3 "blue/teal endbell" (FC-130). They maybe lighter than a regular car?

If the chip will take it . Look at Allslotcar F1.

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

------------------------------------

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

The Scaley F1's run the ~22k FF-050 motor, so should feel ok...

But they won't have the handling, or the 'punch' of the slot.it's...

I might just have to bite the bullet and buy one and a chip - I am sure I won't lose out TOO much if I end up selling it. No one gets into hobbies to make money, hey?!

Scalextric F1 cars have a FF-050 motor rated at 22,800 rpm and 147 gcm or torque this make them a little bit more than equivalent to a Slot.It V12/3 "blue/teal endbell" (FC-130). They maybe lighter than a regular car?

If the chip will take it . Look at Allslotcar F1.

Holy crap! That Allslotcar looks amazing! But they have a silly name - just try googling "All Slot Car sale Australia" - you cant find anything!

AuSlot_zpsi7z6mmju.jpg

The FF motors are TOO fast for scalextric cars and should match any Slot.it in a straight line without modifications.

However they break easily

Plus only a Scaley F1 chip will fit. And it's not easy to chip any F1.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Most of the Scaley F1's are DPR though, so chipping should be easy on those, but they will need the F1 DPR chip...

Also, there is an 'un liveried' version available that is about $15-20 cheaper than the liveried versions...

You can always try running magless if you want to make it more exciting.

It's like watching an arab on an ice-skating rink :D

The FF motors are TOO fast for scalextric cars and should match any Slot.it in a straight line without modifications.

However they break easily

Plus only a Scaley F1 chip will fit. And it's not easy to chip any F1.

Rick

I have heard they are hard to control around the corners.

Most of the Scaley F1's are DPR though, so chipping should be easy on those, but they will need the F1 DPR chip...

Also, there is an 'un liveried' version available that is about $15-20 cheaper than the liveried versions...

DPR makes life very easy - what does the "Liveried" mean? Just the un-branded generic F1 cars?

AuSlot_zpsi7z6mmju.jpg