Round 6 Casula Rally

gazza

:(

Seems like my truck isn't the only thing going backwards fast.

Thanks for running the round guys.

Interesting little video there are those tyres MJK never seen them lift like that on hubs with lower K motors

You may also notice that the wheel that was affected was red and very sticky

guys, it is now the 4th rally car in my shed which had the issue this months... my tires are clean only with water but it looks like i kept my rally car under the sun behind a window this summer before moving house... if you count the 2 cars you have, i am at 6 cars with the same defect. Only one side and only on the rally cars which were in the wrong place on the table. grrrr

So, please accept my sincere apology... i am so cross with myself for this obvious mistake but the move took the priority on the cars!

So, based on this, eurothane is not UV stable, or is it a heat thing?

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to the hosting team.I had hoped fpr a better place.

A lot of the cars (and drivers) suffered from the extreme heat we had during the running of this event, plus the rear tyres on many of the cars are well past their use by date.

All the tracks are different, mine just happens to have all the features that low ground clearance, and overpowered cars hate.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Round 6 WRC

Layout%20Ozrally%202017%20WRC_zps9gowgggq.jpg

First up, a short report

curef99's WRC entry was unable to run on my track, it has been posted many times how rough and inconstant the track is, bumps, humps, twists and uneven sections.

Some of the small humps have some cars with little ground clearance scraping both the track and the braid, the latter shorting out the track and also causing short laps on the computer, this was the main concern with Fabians car

Curef99%203_zpsphy3kvcy.jpg

Above you can see that with a 1mm gauge fitted under the crown there is about 1/2 a mm clearance left

Curef99%205_zps7dcemobo.jpg

Coupled with a 27.500 rpm motor, which was twisted the same as the Alpine, maybe a lower reving motor would not need such a large crown to try and tame it down.

DSC_0369.2_zpsfqlbkdqq.jpg

He wasn't on his own, Alexis' Subaru is on about it's 3rd event, i think it's about time to fork out for a new set of boots

Alexis%201_zpss9gcdfvf.jpg

It ran but had little traction due to the rear overhang of the chassis hitting the track

Charles, you should have saved up enough to replace the crown on your car as well

CharlesX%201_zpsefrnrms1.jpg

I think there is still 3 or 4 teeth that are ok, new boots on yours would hurt either

Phil's Mitsubishi snapped the drive belt on the warm up for the final stage, the decision was made to run it as is, turned out to be the worst decision for the rest of the field.

Peter Gunns no 2 car would have run a lot better in it's standard SCX configeration, too much motor in current form

Stage 1

WRC%20Stage%201_zpsxefrkm8u.jpg

Boss302%204_zpswx2j3b7i.jpg

Phil%206_zpskgnabvkb.jpg

Gas4it%205_zpsj3jxhogs.jpg

OTFS%201_zps117u3116.jpg

Alexis%204_zps6y0yddho.jpg

WRC%20Stage%202_zpsmyumdkfb.jpg

BenM%205_zpscdldn2m6.jpg

PG%202%205_zpsi4zsysmh.jpg

Teamred%201_zpse2cbihnx.jpg

Miverson%204_zpsuy64zjqi.jpg

Charles%20X%203_zpshwtmyxto.jpg

AMCC%201_zpstjxnoprc.jpg

WRC%20Stage%203_zpslcz2aoxk.jpg

Last minute challenge from the Citroens couldn't catch the Mitsubishi

Teamred%205_zpsrbpz7h6v.jpg

Miverson%201_zpsui9i8tuk.jpg

BenM%203_zpsro0pmhjr.jpg

PG%202%203_zpszv6qkecx.jpg

Gas4it%202_zpsxodj69i0.jpg

OTFS%204_zpsbhnib644.jpg

Peter%20Gunn%204_zpssnp0c0ts.jpg

WRC%20%20final%20results_zpsbhtfcvnt.jpg

Podium_zpsftrinlvs.jpg

A big thanks go out to Craig and Mel for lending a hand, who's help is always appreciated

Gary

Congratulations to the three Tasmanian's. Well Craig says he has roots there :rolleyes:

No wonder I didn't get a podium with the WRC C4 Gaz. According to results you were running a Porsche 911 for me you dragged out from somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks to you guys for getting Round completed and great pics, big thanks for Gazza tuning my Lancer

Probably should have been 2 wd drive all the time!

Good to see Craig on the Podium.

The cars are now with him for the next Round then out to Mel's old little track for a run there.

These Guys just like running these cars.

As for ground clearance and tyres I fit a new set each year and only sand then enough to ensure they are round.

Great round and well done to the pods , thanks Gary for the info the SCX C4 was sent just to see and i put a hairy motor in it on purpose to actually find out the differance all round compared to my usual 81,s and 81b's and next year if it goes again it will carry a 81B , agree with Phil about tyres and parts , i change tyres , braid and if needed gears every new season and i have mentioned it before rally cars need a bit of ground clearance lads ( everywhere ) normally pays of in the end hopefully with consistancy .

Great round and well done to the pods , thanks Gary for the info the SCX C4 was sent just to see and i put a hairy motor in it on purpose to actually find out the differance all round compared to my usual 81,s and 81b's and next year if it goes again it will carry a 81B , agree with Phil about tyres and parts , i change tyres , braid and if needed gears every new season and i have mentioned it before rally cars need a bit of ground clearance lads ( everywhere ) normally pays of in the end hopefully with consistancy .

Exactly, well said guys

Gary

Thanks Gazza for running the round and feedback,the boots were brand new but it seems i miscalculated ground clearence(my intention was 2mm) or tire wear has been more than expected

The tyres might have been new but they need to be bigger in diameter as the low arse on the rear of the chassis is the problem

Alexis%201_zpss9gcdfvf.jpg

The 1mm gauge is sitting under the rear of the chassis

Gary

If it helps i use MJK 4219 glued and trued on all my rally cars and did fit larger wheels on nearly all of my rally cars when i changed some from plastic to alloy originally did put 24's 15.8 x 8.2 all round but increased size to 43's 16.5 x 8.2 in the slot it range just to make sure of ground clearance , the SCX C4 i ran in the WRP 2015 still had one and a half mm under it when i returned.

thanks for running the event. I wanted to pul out my cars earlier due to a massif tire issue on all car... I should have done it. sorry for the problem you faced. I learn my lesson, next year, new tires before the race.

about the motor, the BRM is nice and smooth in the car, so, i will keep on using it. I may shift to another citroen next year.