Sign in to follow this  
Guest jazzbell

2017 Mcn Talk On Event

Guest jazzbell

Hi all.

Any questions or talk let's leave to this section. The dates as advertised will not change as this event has been run on the Queens birthday the last 5 years.

I'll get the rules ,schedule and accomodation up soon as I can.

Note always I get a feel on what changers people want for the MCN on rules and classes before a decision is made. The last 3 days I've spent a lot of time calling interstate racers for feed back. So now it's time to put it out there what's new.

The 2017 event is back at where it started and MR SLOTCAR has put his life into his new venue,so let's be positive and supportive.

Regards MCN Organiser

Shane

Edited by jazzbell

Well done Shane . Very pleased to see you back involved in Slotcars . Fantastic to have an organiser with your previous experience take the lead . I'm sure the event will be a great success and will do all I can to get there . The Enduro changes look very interesting and should make for a new experience with the two different cars on the track at same time . Also making teams drive both types of cars is a new twist . I'm sure the new centre will be a cracker and you Vic boys are very spoiled. As for food the last time at a previous APC the food was fantastic so I'm sure it will be just as good . Hope we see you racing also .

Cheers Pagey

2 points ..... is the track gonna have glue/goo on it? & BMW 320i missing from sideways group 5 car list, is it allowed?

cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Guest jazzbell

Hi all,

The rules are up for plastic 1/32 plastic classes.

The big change for this year is the introduction of something that's never been done before.

THE CLASSIC NSR,SLOT IT CHALLENGE

The Classic cars of both brands will race together. I've allowed the slot it cars to run the nsr shark 20k motor with both cars also 11-32 gear ratio. These are the only changes.

My thoughts were to mix it up because this was turning into a 917 race over the years and with not much of a variety of cars, why not mix it up with some beautiful slot it cars.

If both brands are racing same motor gear ratio ......why not.

Regards shane

Congratulations Shane on your organisation of this event which being my home track i will be supporting and i think it is a great idea to open up the Classic Sports Cars to include the Slot.It Classic range.

Branco the track will be spray goo and the surface is paving paint that Mr Trax use on all their track builds.The BMW 320i is included on the list as it reads BMW M1 320i

Hi Shane,

In regard to 1/32 LMP open class, are 3d printed plastic chassis that are designed specifically for a particular body as a direct replacement eligible to race?

There are a number available now for the likes of Ninco Acura, Arrow Slot BMW LM v12, and Avantslot LMP's among others that use NSR & Slot It running gear that the body drops straight onto with no modification.

Alan

Here's a couple of links for some info

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/3d_olifer?page[number]=2&page[limit]=48&page[order]=asc

https://www.shapeway...shops/arrowslot

Edited by lenny broke

Cheers for the info Tony, silly me on missing the BMW info.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi Shane,

I have some NSR GT Class rule questions.

1. Is the NSR BMW Z4 an approved body type? It was first released by NSR in 2015 and is an approved body type in the 2017 European NSR GT3 rules.

2. There is a considerable disparity in performance between the different GT body types.

This performance difference has been addressed in Europe for a number of years by allowing the Audi R8 GT3 and Porsche 997 GT3 to use the NSR lexan interior. Here is a link to the official NSR GT3 Rule set as published by NSR http://www.nsrslot.it/eventi/Regolamenti/GT3/Regolamento_5%20GT3%20EU_H.pdf

Thank you for considering these issues.

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

In regard to 1/32 LMP open class, are 3d printed plastic chassis that are designed specifically for a particular body as a direct replacement eligible to race?

There are a number available now for the likes of Ninco Acura, Arrow Slot BMW LM v12, and Avantslot LMP's among others that use NSR & Slot It running gear that the body drops straight onto with no modification.

Alan

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/3d_olifer?page[number]=2&page[limit]=48&page[order]=asc

Alan I see know problem with this at all. It is a open class what allows to go all out keeping the scale look also. Plus I understand how hard it would be to purchase some Chassis that are on the list.

Shane

Victory,

The BMWZ4 was a miss thanks for spotting that.

Sorry but know lexan ALLOWED. Standard Cars.

NSR rules are set based on Ninco plastic track set up .Also all testing with NSR Is all done in house wth all models on there own Ninco plastic track. RUBBER TYRES 5 gram weight Allowed.

We differ to board track spray goo and know weight limit. Also Foam tyres for our events.

Shane

Edited by jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Alan

Alan I see know problem with this at all. It is a open class what allows to go all out keeping the scale look also. Plus I understand how hard it would be to purchase some Chassis that are on the list.

Shane

Not wanting to contradict you Shane but the rules to me say otherwise:

LMP/GT1 PROTO Open Rules:

CHASSIS:

4. Must be plastic RTR chassis that comes with car. No metal chassis.

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners."  George Carlin

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Alan

Shane

Not wanting to contradict you Shane but the rules to me say otherwise:

LMP/GT1 PROTO Open Rules:

CHASSIS:

4. Must be plastic RTR chassis that comes with car. No metal chassis.

Thanks Chris I wrote the rules a few years ago now . New version.

CHASSIS:

1.Adding weight to any part of the chassis is allowed.

2.Reinforcing or gluing parts of the chassis such as axel bushings,motor mounting posts etc is allowed.

3. NO chassis magnets are allowed.

4. Must be plastic RTR plastic chassis to suit the body.After market plastic Chassis that are made to suit the body are allowed. No metal chassis.

Shane.

So here's Shane's post from another thread which he chose to lock, presumably to prevent response.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I new there was a reason I got out of this game and I should've stayed away why I was.

Sorry guys (Melbourne)but I've got better things to do with my life. IM OUT.

Let's get one thing straight I always ask around on what people want in events and drop things when the turn outs not great. Never do I favour any person or anyone.

For the record to the day my arse points to the ground SRP MOTORS CANT BE BROUGHT IN A SHOP LOCAL SO THEREFORE SHOULD NOT RUN.

LMP Hornsby great turn out. How many actually own one? Last MCN Adelaide 5 teams on a 6 lane track.

Numbers always look good for the team events because anyone will go a free ride.

I base rules on people who go to events not back yard f#%*@%g Gold Coast racers.

You can't keep everyone happy but to here backlash over the same manufacture In the 24 scale classes again I'm over it. So you inbreds on the coast keep up the good work.

Shane

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Shane, if this is how you treat people then I'm glad you're gone.

FYI - I attended the best Model Car race in the country last week which was won by a bunch of "Gold Coast Inbreds", an all Queensland team. Have a look at the response on this forum from the guys who were there, fantastic weekend.

LMP at Hornsby was a great turnout for a support race, with 12 teams. 14 teams for Aussie V8s, also a support race with donated motors from a guy you're intent on shafting. By the way that's 12 and 14 cars, it ain't that hard to work out. And as far as I know I'm the only one to supply a car, and then just one car for each class.

You claim to to discuss rules with people but until I asked a question today I never heard from you. As one of the few people actually manufacturing something in this country I thought I might have rated a phone call. As for SRP motors, all the major tracks have price lists and can order from the local wholesaler. I find the constant politicking against said wholesaler offensive. Your claim of " Never do I favour any person or anyone" doesn't stand up to even the most cursory scrutiny.

This is our "National Championships" there should be diversity and a wide range of performance and skill levels, not the same thing over and over with a different body.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Hi Garry,the one great thing about the MCN apart from meeting different racers but the variety of cars and motors that are available to be raced.It is an event i am looking forward to competing in.We are all in this hobby to have fun as well as promote the sport and i tip my hat to you with your excellent timing systems and the chassis that you build and also to Cam for his excellent Slotworx cars.It is a shame to read of people back stabbing others and we all need to work together to keep this hobby going which this year is my 50th year of being involved in the hobby..Could i put forward a suggestion in that every slot car centre in the country is sent a questionaire to fill in as to what classes that they would like to run and with what motor/tyres in the following years MCN.

Cheers

Tony Anderson

On the subject of the Lexan GT3 class -

Andrew Bartholomew has developed the lexan bodies for this class and the Queensland racers settled on a set of rules before any National rules were published. Many of us have spent our hard earned on equipment (chassis, etc) for this class only to see it hijacked by the Nationals organiser because of his personal preferences. No consideration whatsoever has been given to the people who developed the class or the pre-existing rule set. A theme which seems to carry through many of the classes with a couple of exceptions

Someone needs to step up and decide if we want to focus on maximum entries or attracting the best drivers and builders. One does not necessarily preclude the other.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

I agree with you Garry that we need to concentrate on getting maximum numbers of entrants rather than the best builders.Give everyone a chance to compete as not everyone can afford to have cars for every different class.If a class that is being considered is successful in a particular state I can't see what is wrong with using those rules.As the old saying goes ...if It ain't broke don't fix!

Tony,

Sad to say you can't run these things by a committee of 500.

There are rules in place for all the classes and they shouldn't be changed on the whim of the organiser and the select group of racers he consults. I'm fielding phone calls from Queenslanders and no-one I've spoken to was consulted. I wonder why they won't travel when they're subject to this sort of abuse. At least it's out in the open now.

Also the Nationals should be sprint races to accommodate more classes. Enduros are for other special events.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Agree with you Garry that Enduros should be left for special events and that is why I suggested the questionnaire so that every race centre or racers can have a say.I don't travel to interstate races due to work commitments or lack of funds.Maybe we need to form a committee incorporating two or three racers from each state to work on classes and rules after consultation from the centres that do run model car classes.

I really struggle to understand all the politics and Game of thrones that raises its head from time to time . I love racing Slotcars! Shouldn't be that difficult to sort the rest out . Garry I agree we had a ball last weekend and enjoyed the experience. I also enjoyed the MCN and the APC . All different rules and different cars and events. From asking all that were at the track last week,1 Qld said he was going to the MCN . Why are we having such a big blow up over it? We're and when is the next event for LMP and Gt ? Happy to try and show up and race to get the same experience as last week. I'm happy to conform with what ever gets decided . I have a LMP that gets one race a year and love it but, Local guys won't race them . I think that's what Shane's was trying to cater for . I think its a good idea to shake the FLM class up . I did get a call about it,as did others in our club . I do understand what you are saying also Garry,as a chassis producer and can see both points of view. Maybe a few more LMP and GT races would make more sense other than a blow up from 2 great blokes . I hope that common sense can sort it out for a dumb arse racers like me, who just enjoys racing . Please let's all work together for Slotcar racing . Not a very big thing any more, and that's very , very sad .

Cheers Pagey

Hi Glen.like you i love racing and building slot cars and have many cars that i only use for one or two races a year.Rather than have the GTs run with the FLMs which i think are great cars,why not just have the GTs as a seperate class.At events like the MCN all races should be sprints and Enduros can be run as special events.I agree with you that common sense should and hopefully will prevail here and we can all work together for the best for the hobby.

I'm a complete bystander to Nat racing, but with an interest in slot cars continuing into the future,I have a basic view:

To simplify the politics involved in all human competition, doesn't it make sense to poll all legitimate entrants prior to the event?

Pay your money, have your say, majority rules.

Good luck guys, hope reconciliation is possible, shame to see a hobby destroyed by somewhat petty differences in opinion

Guest jazzbell

Lets get it all out in the open hey.

For starters everyone I was asked buy one of the nicest guys u could ever meet in slot cars to organise this event because I'm the man to do it.

Self gain or preference by organiser I think U wrote somewhere Gary.

What am I getting out of this when I don't race and won't be racing...sweet F*#$ all. The gain I could have had was sponsored money for events could have funded my slot racing instead of paying your race trips to be race director over the years.

As for Melbourne MCN There is NO race director everyone because Gary wants NO PART OF IT BECAUSE TO MANY PLAFIT CLASSES. Correct

THE RULES ARE IN PLACE......Who's rules the back yard of lets stab u in the back and F*#$ u in the ass of Queensland. U just said the rules are in place.

This is my view Your rules .Raced at Hornsby Once a year not raced anywhere else in the country...sorry Adelaide they race enduros

Where three people own cars and the rest jump onboard for the free ride. Selected few race in Queensland. Anywhere else NO .So let's start the lexan bodie class boys so we can still run our chassis with 13mm rims . Sorry I forgot to mention u make the chassis also.

So u have a lot to gain

Also Mr 2 faced, the guys I've consulted in Queensland are the guys that do travel. Also the man behind the bodies knows all about the way we were going with the rules for the Mcn in Gt. Would u like a copy of texts put up for all to see.

Also Gary I contacted u over scaleauto rules on wheels . You did say know worries over ALLOWING PLAFIT FRONTS AND REARS.

So as I always do I go done the right path.

Shaft the man over motors...classic. My support while racing was $30,000.00 a year at my local shop and F*#$ knows how much with Ace.

Sponsors some motors .SELF f#%*@%g GAIN. You know why I sponsored is to try and get people to support the events and it give me a chance to travel . ME KNOW f#%*@%g GAIN.

Forgot to mention but the scaleauto class after MCN WILL GO TO THE NEW models.

Guys sorry it's like this but u will see me again . Not racing but I'll jump on a plane and finish what I have to say to all those 2 faced pricks to there faces.

I understand if know one backs me up because u poor racers have to associate with these dictators. But remember I'm pulling the knife out of ya backs why there talking nice to you're face but saying other wise

Glen,

I suggest you go back and re read Shane's post, then address your comments to the guilty party. We have more model car racers in Brisbane than any other city and yet we still get this crap. Do you want the current list again - personal vendettas by the organiser against particular suppliers. Preferential treatment given to a particular supplier and a particular brand. Total indifference to the work of the people who developed a class and introducing rules which exclude all their cars, and again preference a particular brand. And to top it off a vindictive, spiteful rant from someone who dug himself a hole and then blames others for his problems.

It's nice that you and others at your club got a call. Did you get the tyre rules changed to the ones you like? I think that'll be a yes. If you exclude people and make your own arrangements don't complain when they lose interest.

You want to know when the next LMP or GT race is? Well we race LMP every week and from the turn out last week there're plenty of them around the country. Jan and I have sold over 50 chassis between us so obviously there's plenty of support for the class, just not among the "right" people. There are no races for the GTs, as you well know as it's a new class, but before the bodies are even made it's been hijacked away from the guys who came up with the concept (and spent money on it), and for what, so we can have another Plafit class. The rules state that only 'Ace' bodies can be used. These are not 'Ace' bodies. They're made by Andrew Bartholomew and Ace will just be reselling them as will others. The rules should specify bodies by Andrew not a specific wholesaler/retailer. Nothing against Ace Hobbies but that's the way it should be if you don't want to be accused of preferential dealing.

The racing is getting stale, apart from Cam's V8s and LMPs there hasn't been anything new for eons, even Scaleauto GTs are new compared to the rest of the classes. Now when we try and create something different it get's dragged down to the lowest common denominator again.

I'm trying hard not to sound like I'm having a go at you Glen, sorry if it comes out that way but I stand by my words.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Once more the eloquence of our MCN organiser comes to the fore.

We're all so proud.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

No offence taken Garry at all . I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but really love this sport . It is one of the things that help me through a really tuff time with my boy. If more Qld blokes are going to race interstate that's awesome for all, as your level of comp is the highest. Caddo makes a good point , takes all the trouble away . I was talking about interstate LMP comps . Greg C was talking about a Enduro series. Slotworx , GT and LMP but 4 hr each class . It would be diff to what is at MCN . I just hope that it can be sorted for the sake of the slot racing .

Cheers Pagey