wwwace

Spa-francorchamps In 1/24

When do you start work on your track like this Werner!? ;):)

Seriously though, just imagine driving on that track? You would never get any sleep, you couldn't stop looking at it and driving on it.

Cheers Matt :)

PS phoeno, the standard has been set mate, don't let us down ;)

PS phoeno, the standard has been set mate, don't let us down

Challenge accepted. Next years photo comps on Auslot and all the other great slot forums, I'll supply the track, you bring the camera. partners ????

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

PS phoeno, the standard has been set mate, don't let us down

Challenge accepted. Next years photo comps on Auslot and all the other great slot forums, I'll supply the track, you bring the camera. partners ????

Absolutely. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the scenery stage of your new track. Will you be constructing a similar type of tree to your last set-up? They looked excellent on mass. Will we see the return of the Homies?

Cheers Matt

....Many new photos of the construction progress are now on their website :

HERE

Lots of work but these guys are motivated. No wonder with a track like that.

Sure to be continued......

Cheers

Werner

...Again they have updated their website about the construction process.

HERE

Many new photographs and we can imagine more and more how the finished track will look like.

Cheers

Werner

Werner: when are you staring your version? I can see a Le Mans of 'Ring versionwith your Group C cars on it!

Phil

...I wish I could, Phil.

Bathurst in a similar size would do the trick for here in OZ but there will be lots of $$$ needed to get it off the ground.

We also would need proper 1/24th Scale V8 Supercars and that has shown nearly impossible to achieve so far.

So what hope have we got with a 1/24 Bathurst Track ?

Cheers

Werner

....Great idea Matt.

I already got the first 1/24 Formula 1 Car for it :

F-1ForumPic.jpg

All we need now is big industrial shed.

Our warehouse in West End should do but at present it is full up to the roof.

After selling all the stock we should have enough $$$ to start building the track.

Keep dreaming........

Cheers

Werner

Gotta have dreams Werner.... :D

Beautiful car by the way.

Cheers Manic :huh:

PS - Still got plenty of Plafit Excel chassis? Can I come over (home office) early next week and pick one up? Possible pickup my Satatsu Momo wheels then too?

Manic - much as I love the park if it were me advising Werner I'd be suggesting the greatest circuit bar none in the country.. :D

..Phillip Island. :D

I just LOVE that place. I do not believe you can stand in a bad spot there & it's just somehow just cuddly to look at! :P

..hmm.. best the missus doesn't see this post.. :huh:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

..and this is the stuff you can't script.. I've just posted the post waiting to go look at something else as the missus potters out in her underwear looking at me suddenly snorting beer out of my nose saying "???" :huh:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

C'mon guys - be real! Photos? :unsure:

Just remember they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. and I'm a talking dog!! :)

s#!t she'd better not read this one!!

....O.k., back to the original thread.....

Many new photos are there to have a look at :

CLICK HERE

Opening day is 25.February 2006 and it looks like that there is still a lot to do until then. But is seems the first car went already in the kitty litter !

We'll keep following this one.

Cheers

Werner

That is really something else isn't it? I need to win lotto, buy the house next door & gut it for a racing room I think! :angry:

I like the idea of having video screens in front of the drivers so they can see where they are in the race - knowing the number of laps and position would make it handy to work out if you need to go hard or could relax a bit. Just like real racing.

May the downforce be with you.

I also notice they have resisted the temptation to lay down the braid until everything else is finished. Sort of an incentive to finish asap.

How many of you have got your tracks up to a running stage then spent all your time racing instead of finishing building? I know I'd be the first to put my hand up if ever I get 'round to building a wooden track.

May the downforce be with you.

On the last track, i got it built to the point where it was driveable than I played for a while. The new track not so much.

I have become used to driving with people now so on the nights when I am on my own I usually work on scenery and save my driving needs for Wed nights when people drop in.

Don't have too many new cars or cars than need work on them right away either, althou our racing group starts in 2 weeks so that might all change sooner rather than later.

Edited by phoeno29

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

How many of you have got your tracks up to a running stage then spent all your time racing instead of finishing building?

I'm on a tight budget with this hobby, so I've got it planned that the power supply is the last thing I get. Which means that I should have most of the scenery completed before any car turns a wheel in anger.

Well, that's the plan...

Edited by schuey19

....Back to the original thread about one of the worlds greatest slot car tracks.....

Last weekend they had their openeing race at "Little Spa" and most of the well known drivers from all over Europe did not miss this one of course.

A Dutch TV Station made an approx. 10min. report from a pre-race practice day.

You can have a look at this video in .wmv here :

CLICK

It is in Dutch language of course and the quality is not the best but it gives a good impression about the track and it shows how far you have to walk if you come off at the opposite side of the track if there is no marshal. Also the in-car-footage is great.

I am sure there will be more pics on their website later this week.

Cheers

Werner