Spa-francorchamps In 1/24

wwwace

Hi all,

Lately we had some posts about re-creating slot car tracks after famous race tracks.

Well, this one takes the cake for sure :

Euregio-1.jpg

Euregio-2.jpg

A few stats : 51 meters in length, height difference is 65cm, 6 lanes with a spacing of 12cm and it takes a total area space of 9 x 17 meters.

This wonderful track is currently being built in a small town in Germany near the Belgium border close to Spa. There is a website of the club with much more information, mostly in German but with many more photos :Click here

This track when finished will be fully landscaped in accordance with the real scenery at Spa. The building is ideal for this project as it will feature enough remaining space once the track is completed. There will be 22 installed slot car pits with lights and enough power points for comfortable car preparation work, restrooms with showers for racers who come by campervan. There will be a coffee shop which serves cold and warm food and has a seating area above the track so that you can enjoy your Belgium Chips following the racing activity below.

Of course there will also be long-distance events held so night racing will be done with suitable track illumination.

The whole thing will be a commercial slot car centre (one of so many in Europe) but the main initiative has been their very enthusiastic local slot car club which made the whole project come alive in the first place. Also a lot of sponsorship was needed as well as a lot of (after hours) work.

Grand opening will be by years end so if you are planning a Europe Holiday do not miss this one.

Cheers

Werner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is absolutely unbelievable, Werner.

Looks like we may have to head back to Europe at some stage.....

I can't wait to see the finished product, please keep us updated if you can.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

An Auslot outing? To Germany? The one in Europe, the other side of the planet?

We could go via Suzuka, Dayus and Monza as part of "Eno's World Tour of tracks I'd like to build".

Bo will start planning to extend the garage down his driveway. Spa, hah, let's do Le Mans!

I've never seen a commercial track that models a real one, which makes a big change from Blue King tracks. I'd guess they will be following the IMCA style of racing with accurate model cars.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

I've been trying to talk the missus into extending out to the south at our place 'cause it'd give us a nice veranda on the back of the house.. just incidentally I'd get a bigger racing room!

Funny how you said I'd be looking again RePete- I want to do Imola again now..

..and Road America and Sears Point and Brands of course and Macau 'cause it's awesome and Monaco of course - we'll need a boat and some blondes for that one...

...hmm - we need some serious sponsorship. ;)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

WOA!! i nearly fell of my chair! is that thing for real???

I rekon you would just about need binoculars to see the car at the other end of the track! ;)

Awesome track.

Rene

An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.

• 2 weeks later...
Its gonna be a bit hard to drive through that forest :(

Especialy with the trees down across the lanes <_< LOL

10 pin bowling, slot car style! :lol:

that would b fun to watch, you wouldn't see the car, just trees flying of the track in all different directions. you'd wana make sure you have heaps of lead in the car though... :(

Rene.

An unmodified car is like a blank sheet of paper, aching to be drawn on.

Ren's 3 lane routed track with analogue pits and 2 car sudden death.

Anyone read German? Those trees look fantastic, love to know how to make them.

.....There is no description of how to make the trees only that they are hand-made and there will be approx. 900 going in !

I have enclosed a few photos of the old club track they have there, built by the same talented people. So we get a good impression of how the completed 1/24 Spa Circuit will look like : Simply stunning.

West-1.jpg

West-2.jpg

West-3.jpg

West-4.jpg

West-5.jpg

West-6.jpg

West-7.jpg

West-8.jpg

West-9.jpg

West-10.jpg

As you can see, they also enjoy a Fosters with their Hot Dogs in Germany.....

More pics and updates as they come to hand.

Cheers

Werner

• 2 weeks later...

....The hard work at Spa continues.

Euregio-3.jpg

The track is now painted and the braid has been installed. Now the scenery design can start. This is estimated to take up to 3 month to complete.

But they already invite all slot car racers locally and from afar, to come to the official track opening event on 24./25. February 2006.

Let's mobilize the Auslot Team Jumbo......

Cheers

Werner