Sign in to follow this  
Brooksy

Regulations - 1/24 Scaleauto Gt

Hi All,

It's been brought to my attention which specified motor will be allowed for the Scaleauto GT Event.

I can confirm it will be NSR Motor 3026 - King 25,000 RPM EVO Boxer Open Can (Product Code NSR3026). Please note that their is a fixed gear ratio of 10:44 when using the NSR Motor.

The rules have been updated to reflect the change.

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Can we run the newly released chassis, now come with front suspension?

Regards

Pierre

No, the new chassis isnt homologated.

Hoo Roo

After just purchasing a car specifically for this event , i come here to learn that the car i purchased cant be run ? I purchased the Dodge Viper ( SC-7066R ) , given thats its a RTR kit and not purchased modifications from a 3rd party supplier/manufacturer , can some one please enlighten me as to why it would need to be 'homologated' ?

Hi Benno

There has been a talk about what this Class will do in the future, as the older chassis are not being made any more

if you have a look at the two pics the old and new chassis are quite different.

Rodney

ScaleAutoTotalChassis.jpg

sc8003_gt3_chassis_1a.jpg

Hi Benno

There has been a talk about what this Class will do in the future, as the older chassis are not being made any more

if you have a look at the two pics the old and new chassis are quite different.

Rodney

ScaleAutoTotalChassis.jpg

sc8003_gt3_chassis_1a.jpg

Hi Rod ,

I am aware of the differences between of the 2 chassis' . Still doesnt answer why it needs 'homolgation' as its a revision on the older car , yes i understand that the new car maybe lighter , but couldnt ballast or at the very least a minimum weight be introduced ( like many of the other classes i have run at club level ) . Couldnt the front suspension be locked down , so its a solid front end ?

If i am to assist in putting into perspective my queries, ill use RC as a great example ......

Kyosho have just released the Inferno MP9 TKI 4 , but because some of the 'existing' club members who have the model before ( Kyosho MP9 TKI 3), a new club member who has purchased the TKI 4 from his local hobby store arrives at the track to race his new car is told that because its 'the upgrade parts that we could have bought but didnt, but come standard on the new car ' that he cant race . Its the same manufacturer , with the same scale car , same body ,same motor but a revised chassis ......

After reading through the 'rules' , the fact that its an adaptation of an outdated rule set is worrisome in itself ( rules are meant to be kept up-to-date or at least inline with the respective manufacturers product line )

Cheers

Benno

Hi Benno,

I'm just a racer and have no influence on the Scaleauto Rules but here goes.

The new Scaleauto chassis is a completely different chassis. It is not an "add on upgrade" The carbon fibre components put it into a different league.

We have had stability in this class for many years and the rules have always been very specific and do not change mid season.

The National races for this year were set in stone before the new chassis was available.

We recently had a very successful NSW Enduro title race at Hornsby (8 hour) where we had teams from all over Australia converge to race with the original chassis. Later this year for the Australian Model Car Nationals in Melbourne again we will be racing the original chassis.

The NSW Sprints rules Brooksy has posted the same as the National rules for this year.

No doubt, with the availability of the new chassis and demise of the old this will be up for discussion regards change for next year.

Edited by axman