Regulations - Slot.it Group C

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brooksy,

A few of us Sydney guys have been interested in competing in the NSW [mainly 1/32 scale] events in the past, but the use of goo has distracted us towards other things.

All, please don't be offended, it's just not what we're used to racing with, especially in our 1/32 scale club racing.

MJK tyres are raced every week & grip quite well on the melamine surface at 1/32 World.They don't leave significant residue to slow following heats, are resistant to picking up track marbles, and I'm fairly sure they can't be treated [please correct me if I'm wrong], creating a level playing field for all.

Putting it out there - are MJK tyres an option for the NSW titles? Understand that there may be resistance to moving away from a "synthetic" grip level with goo. If that is the majority view, happy to sit out again.

Cheers

Caddo

MJK tyres are raced every week & grip quite well on the melamine surface at 1/32 World.They don't leave significant residue to slow following heats, are resistant to picking up track marbles, and I'm fairly sure they can't be treated [please correct me if I'm wrong],

Cheers

Caddo

Hi Caddo

this to correct you that all rubber tyres can be treated !. So much so that at it was decided at National events all rubber tyre events would be switched to sponge rubber

The track is gooed not the tyres, tyres can only be cleaned with shellite and tape it works very well.

The Rules we are running for the Group C and Group 5s are the National rule and have been run for about 5 years now.

The Scalextric class is running MJK tyres this is because this is a home track class and it is raced every week at track.

I hope this is of some help to you Caddo

I hope to see you there

Rodney

We would love to see you racing Caddo. Espicially since your defending Sydney Interclub Challenge winner at ONE:32nd World. That Lancia you had was supreme! you'll definitely give us a run for our money for class victory.

Just swap the tyres over to sponge just like you do at Pierre's place. You still run the Red Scaleauto Sponge tyres there don't you? If so just use those. The rest of the rules are exactly the same as the Interclub Challenge.

As Rod stated above, We run Sponge Tyres both at National and State Events. We spray the track with goo. It provides for close racing and gives the newbies extra traction to help keep them on track whilst still be competitive. We've already tried it at One:32nd World with great results. I'm sure you'll like it if you give it a try.

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Urethane is definitely much harder to treat than traditional rubber...

However, I do believe that it may be possible.

That said, foams are even easier to treat than rubber, so that kind of seems a weird solution.

Further to Rusty's view, I heard the track owner at 1/32 World would prefer to run 1/32 cars with MJK's as normal and without goo - ie supports a local tyre manufacturer and not easily treatable.

Rod, the reason MJK's are run with the Supercars each week at 1/32 World are for all the positive reasons above = very close race results.

Introducing goo and foam tyres increases the chances of clubs that know & run that type of "treated" tyre/track system ie Dapto & Armchair

Cheers Caddo

Further to Rusty's view, I heard the track owner at 1/32 World would prefer to run 1/32 cars with MJK's as normal and without goo - ie supports a local tyre manufacturer and not easily treatable.

Rod, the reason MJK's are run with the Supercars each week at 1/32 World are for all the positive reasons above = very close race results.

Introducing goo and foam tyres increases the chances of clubs that know & run that type of "treated" tyre/track system ie Dapto & Armchair

Cheers Caddo

Hi Caddo,

We appreciate your input regarding tyres and traction goo. Graeme (Shop Owner) and Dave (Track Builder) from One:32nd World have our upmost support for the upcoming NSW State Model Titles, and are fully aware of the requirements for hosting such an event. Running to Australian National Rules is one of the requirements set.

The shop will have plenty of Sponge Tyres (Slot.it, NSR, Scaleauto and Plafit) available for purchase, both in the lead up and throughout the weekend. As stated in the rules above "Tyre Treating, Conditioning or Softening is NOT Allowed" so everyone will be on equal terms. There's no advantage racing on a sprayed track with sponge tyres, rather making for close competitve racing for all.

Scalextric Supercars is the only exception when it comes to tyres, where your allowed to run Slot.it, Scalextric or MJK Rubber/Urethane Tyres. Results have been mixed in the last few weeks as drivers experiment with various setups. However the locals will on paper have an upper hand on the visitors. We'll have to wait and see on the day who comes out on top!

Just to clarify the rules listed above are final, thus giving those whishing to compete plenty of time to prepare and tune their car/s up for the big event. We better start building now, as we're only 13 weeks out!

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Brooksy

If you re read the rules it states that tyre treatments,softening or conditioning is not allowed.Everyone is on the same type of tyre so it is a level playing field and it is the track that is spray gooed and no extra goo is allowed to be applied to the tyres.Having raced Slot.It Group C's for a number of years at Mobile Raceways with either Slot.It or MJK rubber tyres the cars are a challenge to drive and take a bit of setting up to get the maximum out of them.However they are quicker,easier to drive and setup on foam tyres.

We race on MDF routed tracks with a paving paint surface and spray goo and no magnets.Tyres used are MJK,Slot.It,Carrera,Scalextric,BRM rubber and Parma,Alpha,Scaleauto,Plafit foam and there is no problems with grip for either tyres and we mix and match on the night.Track does not need to be cleaned for at least six weeks and the grip is always good

Guest jazzbell

My 2 cents..

Run your v8 class on another track .

2nd option change your schedule with the v8's first event then spray the track to get the event going after the v8's run. Likewise with the allotment of practice.

You know I've had a lot to do with big events and this shouldn't be an issue over tyres at all. I introduced the foams to keep everyone

happy and make it an even playing field at the MCN's, we did 2 tracks in Adelaide and at Dapto....and why to keep everyone happy.

The complex looks great and I wish all involved it all goes good.

Locals know matter support the event

Shane

Hi Everyone,

To clarify on the posts above, the 1/32 Scalextric Supercar Race will remained unchanged, scheduled for Saturday 29th April, 3:00pm to 6:00pm.

Steve, as some of the guys have touched on above, Spray goo does not affect the urethane tyres including MJK. There will be plenty of grip just like we currently have on Wednesday nights. A great example is the 2015 NSW State Model Titles, Scalextric Trans-Am class. We ran with MJK Tyres on a gooed track. from the results, racing was close, and lap times were quick.

In future, could everyone please keep any questions regarding a following class with the corresponding thread.

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Brooksy