Sign in to follow this  
luvhistorics

Scalextric E30 M3 Jps

Hey everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive a JPS Scalextric M3 for Xmas and have just now finally got some time to try it out on my MDF layout. Unfortunately I have realized it has a very bad want of desloting and tips on to its roof every chance it gets.

Has anyone got some tips for me to get it up to pace with my Johnson Sierra that I also received for Xmas.

Cheers

Glue the motor & rear axle bushes in too. For mine i also went to slot.it braid and went to mb slot body screws. I also 'found' some extra grip by 'cleaning' the tyres a couple of times with wd40.

At this point Jim Richards races nicely with Tricky Dicky. Jim does however spend more time on his roof.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

If your running it non magnet you will need to add some weight to it which works well as it has a low belly on the chassis. It is narrower than the Sierra so needs a little more work and may not ultimately handle as well even though it is quite low.

I have the Mobil and Demon Tweaks cars running the PCR chassis and Carrera digital, i'll convert the JPS today.

Running on routed wood track.

Lead is your friend!

Weight sounds like the way to go at the moment. I previously loosened the body screws in a hope that it would allow for more top heavy movement with out quickly desloting but it wasn't enough unfortunately. In regards to tyres im still using the original which after a good clean with a sticky lint roller grip extremely well to a clean track,possibly too well as a bit of slide give might help from a deslot, maybe round off the edges a bit? Also would a deeper guide be an answer?

Many thanks for the feedback guys, always a top forum here. Cheers

Well, added weight, loosened screws and cleaned tyres up and got it doing 5.774 on my 12m mdf layout, pretty much what the Johnson Sierra is doing it in standard. Pretty happy with that. Can definitely notice the weight difference driving the two tho...