Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12

slotrunner

Free-to-air television scheduling will see 7mate add the new-for-2017 Pirelli Top 10 Shootout to its extensive live coverage for the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.

The high definition channel will broadcast the entire 12 Hour classic nationwide on top of the 60-minute live Shootout coverage.

Its Saturday coverage will commence at 3.30pm while the raceday broadcast will kick off at 5.30am on February 5.

The news comes as Audi is preparing to unveil its entire driver line-up which will again include Supercars veteran Garth Tander.

7mate’s team of broadcasters are headed by Radio Le Mans.com icon John Hindhaugh and Graham Goodwin, a leading authority on global sportscar racing.

The team also includes Richard Craill while Mark Beretta will be supported by Chad Neylon and Shea Adam in the pitlane.

“We are looking forward to once again be heading to the Mountain for this great event. It promises to be a great race. We have the best drivers in awesome cars on what is one of the world’s most challenging circuits. It will be a great day,” said Saul Shtein, Head of Sport for Seven.

“The Seven Network is a great partner of the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour and has been a significant part of the growth of the event over the last few years,” added Event Director John Casey.

“Their expanded coverage this year will see 13.5 hours of coverage across two days for the first time, including the Pirelli Top 10 shootout on Saturday, and the entire Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour live and free on Sunday.

“With the high quality grid assembled and some of the best drivers from here and abroad going head to head it should be a thrilling few days on the Mountain.”

The race starts @ 6.45pm Saturday night.... (we'll for me....)

I'll be in London...... visiting the Hornby Visitors Center the day before.... watching probably the first 4 hours on the Interweb....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite strange watching from the other side of the world. The international streaming showed all the class presentations - Brooksy they kept showing you with your Scaley shirt....

Saw the first 3 hrs and the last 20 min - an interesting race with a lot of bruised egos and cars....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

It's about time races like this stopped pit stops under yellow flags and held race positions by a virtual system.

Too many "lucky" pitstops under yellows, and race lead eroded by a pace car.

With so much money invested in racing, why not stop it being a lottery?

SVG deserved his penalties whilst honorable in admitting fault , and Maranello deserved the win. Maro Engel completely out of line by not supporting his team mate. Suck it up princess, its a team race.

Triple 8 and the new 488 Bathurst guns Loundes and Whincup are a dream team. Ferrari performance at the 12hr was previously very poor, a massive turn around.

Maybe the Ferrari GT3 team have received extra funds siphoned from their poorly performing F1 team?

Edited by Caddo

I think the Ferrari had a unfair advantage, better fuel economy, and a quicker fuel drop than the other cars, and a higher top speed than others.

Needs to be looked at!

I think the giz deserved the pasting by Engel, he threw away second , maybe the Whingecup Bathurst brain fade has jumped the 888 garage.

Edited by espsix

Opinions vary of corsa [haha]. Realistically, SVG was Engel's only real chance of an outright win. Fuel advantages aside, I'm sick of the yelllow flag pitstop lottery.

SVG had the slower car and knows he is faster than Whincup on equal terms. Hard not to be frustrated into an error when pushing for the win on older tyres.

Saw SVG running the McLaren on the grass over the top of the mountain to overtake a few years ago. He is the closest thing to a commited F1 driver there is in GT racing. Kudos to him for his balls and all approach.

SVG is also a good sportsman, happy to admit his errors and apologise to other drivers and teams. Craig Baird also put his hand up for his re-start error, great to see.

Both are quick Kiwi's, plenty of them around ATM.

Is it just me, or do the Kiwi's punch well above their weight for race drivers? Love the trans tasman competition. Check out this list of A grade Kiwi steerers, give them respect, booyah!!!,

Bruce McLaren's name still resonates in today's modern racing world, and he would be proud of of them all.

Quite strange watching from the other side of the world. The international streaming showed all the class presentations - Brooksy they kept showing you with your Scaley shirt....

Saw the first 3 hrs and the last 20 min - an interesting race with a lot of bruised egos and cars....

Hey someone's gotta promote this great hobby of ours! Did i look good? :lol:

Brooksy

Hey someone's gotta promote this great hobby of ours! Did i look good? :lol:

From the other side of the world is just about the right distance to make you look good :D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Finally caught up with the finish. Pity about STM Merc into the wall - not meant to but mistakes happen all the time. I don't understand trying to roll the car back down to the pits and then leaving it on the line in the middle of the chase though. Poor form SVG.

The politics are going to get interesting though. Bit like Club racing model cars then...

• 4 weeks later...