Scx Tyrrell

boslot

They look better, but do they produce better lap times?

Bigger diameter more top speed, but less brakes and acceleration out of the corner, more mass to get turning, more resistance down the straight and higher cofg, so could be slower overall.

;)

Or is it (dare I say) a shelf queen?

:D

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

They stop too well???? Mine doesn't stop at all.

What tyres are they, and are they just tyres or wheels as well please?

Mine looks a little different to those ones. It needs proper rears, then something done to the fronts to let the guide sit down more. The standard car was too shiny for me so I applied some black and dark washes to the motor. I drilled out the solid exhausts. The airbox is not standard on that model Tyrell. I removed it, sanded out the prominent moulding line and sprayed it black, but I leave it off most of the time. The wheels should be black (fronts are, left the rears until they are replaced). That box thing at the back and its strap were painted to suit the real car. But the absolute worst fault is Jackie needs seatbelts !! Inexcusable for the guy to have campaigned so much for safety in F1. These are strips cut from a piece of masking tape that I painted. Lastly, the SCX logo on the windscreen was polished off.

Once I find suitable rear tyres and wheels and fix up Jackie's helmet to look more realistic, this will be a very nice model.

TyrellFront.jpg

TyrellRear.jpg

TyrellSide.jpg

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Glenn

Bo said the tyres are Carrera so see what you can get at Armchair or Slotshop.

As for the brakes they stop very well on Bo's track. I did notice the guide sits too high too but it drove so well on Bo's that it wasn't a problem. I will eventually sort out the guide height too though.

Maybe your not making very good contact with the rails on your track which will also reduce the braking effect.

The black paint washed on dullcoted super shiny chrome retains a dark metallic look. Based on online photos of the real car and diecast models that I used as a guide, I can't say 100% what it should be. I based the colours on the tyre being black and compared the colours of features from that, so creative modeller's licence could have some things wrong. Corrections are more than welcome.

@Orangepicker, a Ninco F1 would eat this alive, like a Wing car against a wompy. Its a limited edition reproduciton of 60's or 70's slot technology.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't