Scaley Inline..

Roger Miller

.....anyone else getting sick of it.

Feels like they're sending the industry back 20 years.

c3696.jpg

c3696-chassis.jpg

c3738-chassis.jpg

Thankfully this is right.

c3741.jpg

PSR are selling them, as available with FREE upgrade chassis.

http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/scalextric-porsche-911-silverstone-2015-elms-series.html?___SID=U

c3732-pcr.jpg

scalextric-slot-car-porsche-911-gulf-86-silverstone-elms-2015-slotcar-c3732-multi.jpg?itok=5gBNxVMG

...............Take it easy

Hi Wobble.

Yes I would agree on motor unless it is a potential BWA replacement???? What is it rated as?

Re inline though I think they are still good. Perhaps depends whether you race magnet or not.

Scalextric seem to be making some surprise decisions at present. New tyres on the likes of BMW Z4 are poor at very least. Feedback I have heard on Slot-it replacement chassis also not good.

What is your experience.

Regards and all the best for Christmas and New Year. Chas Le Breton

Hmm. Many people don't like sidewinders because they are noisy. Also many Spanish clubs only race in-line cars. NSR makes/made special in-line versions of their cars just for that market. I don't pretend to know what the reasoning is but...

The latest wheel/tires are now 'Euro" standard 5mm ridge so more of less any aftermarket tires will now fit. Not new to Scalestric if you look at old Mondeos/Megane etc with the non-knurled axles, they have 5mm ridge wheels. So they are reverting rather than re-inventing.

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

------------------------------------

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

Hi Flyonthewall.

If sidewinders are noisy I would have thought related to something else rather than gears as they are probably the most efficient.

By comparison inline have to go through 90 degrees.

Both however are very quiet if set up correctly.in my opinion.

I tend to like inline because weight distribution is better.

Regards Chas Le Breton

If it can't be an angle an inline is good for me.

Let's see - more room for tyres (esp if you trim back the silly bearings Scaley have provided), a broader range of gear choice, including slot.it or mbslot crowns & pinions. Easier to trim weight balance (less lead).

Muck easier to convert to a long can...

List goes on..

i know of 2 freak inlines that no one can touch, i even copied the exact car and still cant get near it.

most of the time the sidewinders have more grunt and where the motor normally sits in inlines (better weight distribution) can easily be duplicated with weight.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Testing thus far on the armchair big track seems to be in favour of the scalextric inline cars. in particular the porsche 911 and bmw z4. Sub 6 seconds which is faster than a slot it group c out of the box. I'm in favour of the recent changes made.

Brooksy.

Brooksy

I'd speculate that the change is a commercial one given Hornby's current financial position.

Simplifying their inventory by only having tooling for one type of rear axle assembly and only having to stock one type of gear.

Less complicated tooling for the shallower interior tray.

The main opposition ( SCX & Carrera) are also inline only.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well related to costs of manufacturing

Cheers

Alan

If I can choose I prefer SW to IL and AW.

But I can adapt.

Scalex has done a good job changing to standard hubs so that you can easily fit Slot.it tyres on them.

However, I am not sure where the IL configuration came from: they are breaking up their classes, like modern GT.

I mean, it is fine to introduce a new class and going for whatever configuration (like the BTCC).

But going to introduce new models with the IL configuration on a existing class like the GT is a bit odd.

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

What braid type are you all comparing, magnetic or non? Inlnes have the motor further forward, which is closer to the track for most cars.

Inlines also allow the use of boxer motors where sidewinders don't, increasing magnatraction potential.

We run non-mag, and outright lap records have been set with Inline Slot It Group C's and Inline LMP's.

SWinders are a lot more forgiving for set up though, rear axle sideways slop does little to slow them down as there is no resistance.

• 2 months later...