Sign in to follow this  
charlesx

Kiwis Racing Overseas

Thanks David.

Yes I had forgotten about original R6 at OR. are there still 2 rounds to go then?

Good to hear Aquakiwi still in the hunt. Nothing against Orakei Racer but Aquakiwi has gradually pulled himself through the field from the early days so great to see him doing so well. Really deserved wherever he finishes.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Thanks David.

Yes I had forgotten about original R6 at OR. are there still 2 rounds to go then?

Good to hear Aquakiwi still in the hunt. Nothing against Orakei Racer but Aquakiwi has gradually pulled himself through the field from the early days so great to see him doing so well. Really deserved wherever he finishes.

Regards Chas Le Breton

one more race to go

Orakie raceway date to be confirmed and the cars are on their way to Mike now

and I agree that it is great to see aquakiwi at the pointy end

he has been a great entrant for many years and he deserves to be there

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi all.

Great end to Canam Proxy with Orakei Racer cleaning up in both Open and Class B with Aquakiwi a very creditable second in both classes.

Final positions were necessarily dominated by this pair but well done to David Carter for 4th and Gas41T/Rossco for 5th overall.

WRP Round 5 - Isle of Man - Aquakiwi 10th, Branco 14th and Charlesx 17th.

WRP Round 6 - Isle of Man - Still in progress but with a very good stage win to Aquakiwi in Stage 2. The excitement builds for final stage.

IPS Round 6 - Aquakiwi 11th and 20th, Charlesx 12th.

The NZ Group 5 Proxy is about to blast off. Great entry with many countries featured including a good lot of Kiwis and Aussies. Look forward to racing that is about to start in Napier. I think like last year a couple of rounds will be held on West Island. I am off there too myself soon to have some fun with the Brisbane guys.

Not overseas but good to see the NZ RTR Nats firmly on the racing calendar again.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

the NZ GRP5 proxy has entrants from New Zealand, Australia, UK, Canada and Hawaii

with 5 rounds in NZ and 3 in AUS this year

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi all.

No formal racing but I have just spent time at two Brisbane tracks. A big thanks to John Schultz for making his Burpengary track available and letting me try some of his cars including the 1/24th Slotworx V8. A very enjoyable 2 hours. Also my first try of a digital track.

Secondly to Dangermouse (Dave), John, Peter, Wal and track owner Glen (sorry Glen do not know your surname) for your most impressive North Brisbane 5 lane track and the chance to race many cars I had never seen before. These included your 1/18 Speedway and 1/24 Carrera GT cars. I also gave several of my own cars a good run including my Touring Car Proxy entry.

Once again a big thanks. Would be great to see some of you in NZ at some stage.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all.

Round 7 IPS Orakei Raceway - Aquakiwi 18th and 25th and charlesx 26th.

Has been an up and down year but I have finally reached bottom. Down 9 places on qualifying time. At least the only way now is up and I still have my sense of humour.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all.

Group 5 Proxy is on its way. While only some rounds are in Aussie will list results from start.

R1 - Tony Cook 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd, Aloha 3rd.

R2 - Tony Cook 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd, Aloha 3rd.

Congrats to Tony on a great start. Looks like we have a great competition on our hands once again.

WRP Rally - R8 - Isle of Man

Aquakiwi 14th, Branco 15th, Charlesx 18th.

Just about have my Scaly Holden V8 ready to send to Aussie for Touring car proxy and have just received my kit for Bugeye Sprite Proxy in Canada/USA.

Regards Chas Le Breton

my Ford GT40 has arrived in the USA for the Ford v Porcshe proxy

The NZ entrants in this proxy are Myself, Orakieracer & DRW21

this proxy kicks off in early October

these are the tracks

http://www.homeracingworld.us/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16454

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks for the news David. Good luck to the Kiwis.

Will look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all. Sorry I have gotten a bit behind. Has been great to see Gill Andrews and Chris Radisch performing in Italy although I did not watch event on live feed.

Closer to home proxies have been busy including the following:

NZ Group 5 Proxy - Round 3 - Tony Cook 1st, Aloha 2nd and Orakei Racer 3rd.

R4 - Orakei Racer 1st, Celina 2nd and Orakei Racer 3rd.

R5 - Tony Cook 1st, Aloha 2nd and Orakei Racer 3rd.

Next round is in Aussie.

WRP - Round 9 - Aquakiwi 12th, Branco 16th and Charlesx 18th.

R10 - Branco 13th, Aquakiwi 15th and Charlesx 16th.

Touring Car Proxy - Round 1 - Charlesx 14th; R2 Charlesx 14th. At least I am consistent.

IPS - Round 8 - Charlesx 11th, Aquakiwi 14th and 22nd.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi again.

Ford v's Porsche Proxy - Looks like Rounds 1 and 2 have been run but I have been unable to find any results. I did note however that Dave West and Orakei Racer did fairly well in qualifying for both rounds in what looks like a big field.

Meantime Round 6 and the NZ Group 5 Proxy has been run in Canberra - Celina 1st, Aloha 2nd and Orakei Racer 3rd (first Kiwi). Tony Cook was 5th.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Charles, I think Aloha and Celina are not Kiwis.....Hawaii and Aus respectively.

AND......you didnt mention Brendon Hartley?????

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Hi Munter.

Yes I was aware of that. These NZ/Aussie events were actually outside my original idea but I did not want to leave anybody out. I have therefore generally just named 1,2,3 without reference to where people were from. I will try to be a bit more descriptive in future.You will note I have included all rounds in the past rather than just overseas ones.

Re Brendan Hartley like all Kiwi's I am definitely watching his progress and have mentioned the odd Kiwi racing O/S's including the America's Cup. Again however outside original idea of Kiwis racing (slotcars) overseas. I will certainly be cheering for him in Mexico tomorrow and in future as well rest of Endurance Championship.

Must also say I have welcomed other contributions so please do not hesitate to add where you feel warranted.

Another major aim of thread was to raise the awareness of proxy racing in NZ and the world - hopefully this is succeeding.

Regards Chas Le Breton