Kiwis Racing Overseas

charlesx

Hi all. Proxies now running hot with no less than 6 different events now in progress including Aussie (3), Canada/USA, Greece and NZ/Aussie. The next round of results is as follows:

Tasman Cup R1 - Victoria Charlesx 14th

VRAA

R6 - 1.5L Montreal - Charlesx 5th (2nd overall)

2.5L - Charlesx 8th (6th overall) Munter 12th (11th overall)

R7 - 1.5L Canfield Green - Charlesx 5th (2nd overall)

2.5L - Charlesx 4th (overall 6th) Munter 12th (11th overall)

OZ Rally

R8 Charlesx RAID 8th, Historic 11th and WRC 13th

R9 - Charlesx RAID 3rd, Historic 7th and WRC 9th

WRP Rally R1 Casula - Aquakiwi 6th, Branco 11th and Charlesx 13th.

IPS

R1 Aquakiwi 18th Front engine 17th Charlesx 23rd

R2 Aquakiwi 17th Front engine 22nd Charlesx 18th

NZ/Aussie Canam

R1 Aquakiwi 1st, Orakei 2nd and Dave Carter 3rd Charlesx 1st Class B

R2 Orakei Racer 1st, Aquakiwi 2nd and Orakei Racer 1st Class

R3 Aquakiwi 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd and Orakei Racer 1st Class B

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Munter.

Yes I have said that before. Reason I have included in write-up. And I do not mean only West Island. As pointed by Aquakiwi a couple of rounds are on the other side of Cook Strait.

Enjoying the proxy. Always great entertainment.

Regards Charles Le Breton

• 2 weeks later...

I did it, I finally went to a club for an event here in Alicante area.

I noticed Slot de Club Elche had a Cartrix event on this weekend.

18527042_1207349446042331_6477134130385946226_o.jpg?oh=ea4023430d19af2cd55687982b678e5e&oe=59A28807

Being the home club of Diego Ripoles who owns the Cartrix company, I thought it was a good chance to also meet the guy who I dealt with for a couple of years, and who was one who confirmed this town area would be a good location for us to live in Spain.

Rocked up during practice time and only about 6 guys there, none who could speak more than a few words of English.

Fortunately the next one to arrive spoke a bit more, and threw me a car and controller. I only did a few laps as I felt pretty at sea on the big Ninco, and didn't want to wreck his car or mess with the other guys practice time. Track looks to be about 120 - 130 feet.

Later, at the end of the night as I was leaving, the guy in this shot below says in broken english he has two cars every class, I am welcome to use them if I come again.

18557002_1313792392062330_203819190383988867_n.jpg?oh=76696aabba8bfc1f2234958adfe1b199&oe=59B9A741

Then the race controller arrived, and he spoke more english. and before you could blink I had a basic DS resistor controller in my hand and was racing the event whether I liked it or not.

I asked if Diego was likely to be coming, and explained I knew him a little from when I was distributing. Turned out Diego had just walked in behind me, Diego says he doesn't speak english, and though his vocabulary is limited, I found him easy enough to understand.

Pero saw that the car Diego loaned me was stock, and it was swapped for a race tuned one, - very similar to how we set them up in Hawkes Bay, except they don't brace the front axles.

I had about 10 minutes practice split between two lanes before the two flying lap qualifying. Apart from two guys that de-slotted on both laps, I was 2 seconds off the pace with an 18.5 Everyone else was running 16s and 17s

http://youtu.be/83Wwhwvp7Ms

Race time and I was concentrating on staying on and not being a moving chicane, and managed 3 of the 6 lanes without de-slotting. Stuffed up the last two lanes as I got too cocky and ended up 2nd last, oon 63 laps with the next 4 guys above me on 65 and 66. but overall was very happy to run 17s on most lanes, and cracked a 16 while dicing with one of the quicker guys on another.

After about 5 laps see-sawing I fell off, about half the room went oooooooooooooooooooh, as it had been so close, then he fell off at the next corner and we finished the heat a metre apart.

18581987_1313792398728996_1091349074359688178_n.jpg?oh=40b596dc13c9007aaaa80bcbd4b4ddaf&oe=59C21EB1

Diego of Cartrix is top right with the cap.

Very friendly bunch, a relaxed club, with the banter between drivers and marshals during heats reminiscent of any given club night in Hawkes Bay.

But I really have to get back to learning Spanish.

I have an offer of loan cars from one guy, but I think this week I'll toddle into town and pick up a controller, and something for the next class where I am in town.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Continuing results are as follows:

Tasman Cup - Round 2 Charlesx 19th R3 Charlesx 15th.

VRAA - Round 8 - 1.5litre Charlesx 5th=; 2.5litre Charlesx 6th, Munter 13th

Overall results - 1.5L Charlesx 2nd; 2.5L Charlesx 7th, Munter 11th.

OZ Rally - Round 10 WRC Charlesx 5th, Historic Charlesx 8th and RAID 2nd.

WRP Rally - Round 2 Charlesx 7th, Branco 9th and Aquakiw 11th

IPS - Round 3 - Aquakiwi 17th and 19th, Charlesx 23rd.

Canam - Round 4 Aquakiwi 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd (first Class B ) and Gas41T 3rd.(Aussie)

Overall at halfway stage- Aquakiwi 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd and Orakei Racer 3rd (first Class B )

Hope this of interest to at least some of you.

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Tasman Cup Round 4 - Charlesx 15th

OZ Rally final round - Charlesx - WRC 4th RAID 3rd Historic 9th

Overall - WRC 7th RAID 4th Historic 8th.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

Canam Proxy - Round 5 - Congrats to Orakei Racer and Aquakiwi 1&2 for the great 1,2,3 finish.

Happy the way my M6 performed. M20 though clearly showing how a cars performance can degrade after sitting on the shelf for several years.

Certainly proving to be an interesting series and will get more so with Aussie segment still to come.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

IPS Round 4 Edinburgh Scotland.

Charlesx 6th, Aquakiwi 7th and 15th.

Was great to be in top third rather than the other end of field. Also good to see my slimline powered car the only like powered car in the top 10.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Tasman Cup - Round 5 at Fulham Park in Adelaide.

Charlesx 9th.

WRP Round 3 in Wales going well with 3 stages completed and one to go.

Canam cars have arrived in Aussie for two rounds there before returning to NZ for final round. Will be interesting to see if Aussies can turn tables on our local flyers - Orakei Racer and Aquakiwi.

I am entering two new proxies this year.

1. Another Bugeye Sprite proxy in Canada - most parts provided as part of entry fee (body, motor, tyres etc).

2. Touring Car Proxy - I am entering a modified Scaly Holden as I am a bugger for punishment. 6 rounds each in Aussie and USA.

If any other Kiwis are interested in these events let me know.

Hi Aquakiwi.

Yes I still have 2 myself although only one going but proxy is being run with Monogram bodies which are actually 1/29th so they are about same size as a Slot-it Alfa or Ferrari 312.

I think entry will be about $65US including building kit which is the only one allowed. I will PM you.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

WRP - Round 3 Wales - Charlesx 1st (do not do that very often), Aquakiwi 11th, Branco 17th.

WRP - Round 4 Wales - Charlesx 9th, AquakiwI 12th, Branco 15th.

Tasman Cup - Round 6 Spitfire Raceway Adelaide - Charlesx 11th.

Canam Proxy - Round 6 Australia - Orakei Racer A 1st, Orakei Racer B 2nd and Aquakiwi 3rd.

Hi all.

WRP overall standings after4 rounds - Charlesx 6th, Aquakiwi 12th and Branco 15th. Was great to see Aquakiwi get another podium in Stage 2 of R4. I think we have collectively had at least 6 podiums so far so the potential is there.

Best of all we have retained our 2nd country position behind Aussy. Greece and Wales however are snapping at our heals.

Canam - Round 7 Australia - Orakei Racer 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd (1st Class B) and Aquaiwi 3rd. Could not be more exciting as two Kiwis are tied for 1st with two rounds to go.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Tasman Cup - Final Round - Charlesx 8th (best placing for series) with overall final placing 13th. Not my best effort probably due to tyres but greatly improved over last three rounds.

Canam Proxy - Round 8 Australia - Orakei Racer A 1st, Gas41T/Rossco 2nd (first Aussie) and David Carter 3rd. Well done to Peter Gunn from the UK for an excellent 4th with top contender Aquakiwi 6th. Sounds like this round may have decided who takes the overall honours. Time will tell.

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

WRP overall standings after4 rounds - Charlesx 6th, Aquakiwi 12th and Branco 15th. Was great to see Aquakiwi get another podium in Stage 2 of R4. I think we have collectively had at least 6 podiums so far so the potential is there.

Best of all we have retained our 2nd country position behind Aussy. Greece and Wales however are snapping at our heals.

Canam - Round 7 Australia - Orakei Racer 1st, Orakei Racer 2nd (1st Class B) and Aquaiwi 3rd. Could not be more exciting as two Kiwis are tied for 1st with two rounds to go.

Regards Chas Le Breton

thanks Chas but it was round 6 as The cars didn't make it to Orakie in time for his round

and we had to get the cars off to Aus before he could run it

so the cars are now heading back to him now for round 8

Edited by David Carter

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi all.

Tasman Cup - Final Round - Charlesx 8th (best placing for series) with overall final placing 13th. Not my best effort probably due to tyres but greatly improved over last three rounds.

Canam Proxy - Round 8 Australia - Orakei Racer A 1st, Gas41T/Rossco 2nd (first Aussie) and David Carter 3rd. Well done to Peter Gunn from the UK for an excellent 4th with top contender Aquakiwi 6th. Sounds like this round may have decided who takes the overall honours. Time will tell.

hard to say Chas as even though Aquakiwi's top contender fall back in this round it is his worst round so doesn't go on to his total points

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.