Capri-corn7

Body Post - Plastic Rod

Hi All - Have run out off hollow plastic rod that I've been using for body posts, and the local hobby shop has none on hand + their supplier has none listed. :rolleyes:

It is shiny white hard plastic rod with approx a 2mm bore - perfect for body screws

Does anyone have a trusted seller or store - online or real - they can recommend?

Thanks

Pat

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

It's probably not what you want but if you want cheap & you have kids or like them yourself try the following.

Get a chuppa chump stick

cut to size

tape (or a drop of superglue) an m2 screw centrally inside gluing only the outer bit of stick.

from other end fill the stick full of hot glue, could probably use a filler if wanted but hot glue is OK. I haven't had one pull out yet and thread seems to hold OK.

Then when cooled untape (or break superglue) and unscrew m2.

Only a suggestion if you can't find what you are after.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hi All - Have run out off hollow plastic rod that I've been using for body posts, and the local hobby shop has none on hand + their supplier has none listed. :rolleyes:

It is shiny white hard plastic rod with approx a 2mm bore - perfect for body screws

Does anyone have a trusted seller or store - online or real - they can recommend?

Thanks

Pat

I got some. Will bring it tonight.

Podiums are for short people.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Mac has sorted me for the short term and I'll update this if/when I track down a new source... Cheers

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.