Round 4- Wagburn Rally

Ben_M

Seems like round 2 just finished and now round 4 is starting :o As mentioned in other threads, the Raids won't be stopping by the Lilac City this year. Nobody seems to have a good time when they are running.

Sorry guys........

23703285541_f324320983_z.jpg

Some scars are appearing after 3 years of use. Anyone with a blue or red car missing some paint???

30307377954_de088a0351_c.jpg

The foam rock wall at the end of the main straight has seen better days, but it has protected many deslotting cars from big impacts.

30307395654_7cd8070217_c.jpg

There has been some earthworks on the main straight recently (note the exposed bar code). There were some minor but sudden elevation changes which caused some cars to get airborne twice which often caused deslots (see above pic :) ) The changes have been slightly smoothed out so the straight acts more like a straight than a runway. Besides, there is a big jump on the opposite side for getting air.

30760771010_27e5d8c313_c.jpg

Don't know why but I've decided to start a "wall of fame" with plates from previous proxies. These are about the only ones I could get off without ripping them. (anyone have any of the previous years plates?

31014226461_a11d320d76_c.jpg

I guess you could say I've done a few now

30307468654_80fff7a4ab_z.jpg

Ready for action

31008396922_eea1211520_b.jpg

Cars will get a run early this week. Hoping to do at least 2 stages on Friday.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Gave the cars a run last night and they have all survived the trip up the federal highway. There was only one minor issue which was sorted. There are some interesting entries this year that drive very differently. The fun will be trying to work out how each car likes to be driven. Looking forward to Fridays stages now.

During testing a mannequin challenge went down on two of the stages, (why not go mainstream hey) unbelievable skill by those involved :lol: If you're not on social media or don't know what that is, google it. :)

Things are underway. Cars were lined up for the public to check them out.

31205814326_eb3c463b36_c.jpg

So, finally some results.

WRC first up. The Ninco C4's dominated the field with all 4 filling the first 4 spots. Peter's Avant was defiantly the most improved, driving like an Avant should. It ended up down the field but much closer to the top times. AMCC's car feels rough this year, its not its usual smooth self. Most of the other cars were over powered for the twisty track.

31241716825_82fb9a49ab_c.jpg

Hoping to have stage 1 of the Historics done by tomorrow.

Edited by Ben_M

Rossko, your cars always have the shortest odds at my place, they almost always go very well. Your C4 had a bit less grunt than the other 3 which gave it the advantage.

Yours was nice to drive Cure, but just couldn't match the C4's.

Ya just got me Craig, still 6 mins of racing to go :)

Hoping to have stage 1 of the Historics done by tomorrow.

So that didn't happen, BUT, Stage 2 of the WRC did! I brought the short track into the lounge room, and while the family slept, I did 325 racing laps. Also big thanks to Shadow Rusty who helped me out after I had a faulty cable for the timing. Cheers mate B)

Phils and Charles car obviously enjoyed the more open stage as they were right up there on the money. It was so close you might as well call it even :D

The lighter SCX and Avant cars are enjoyable to drive, just don't have the pace or consistency of the pointy end.

Still 4 minutes of racing left, so anything can happen.

31127918682_227ed182fc_c.jpg

Glad the replacement worked...

Sourcing the parts, and making up the cable in ~1 hour was a nice challenge...

Before I upload the results of Stage 3 for the WRC (which will probably be tomorrow), I thought I would add some pics and comments for the WRC cars.

Firstly, take a look at this. This is Stage 3 the winning second place cars laps times. Its a great example of what you need to achieve to get a good proxy car.

30483173403_2d0fe0a9cf_z.jpg

To the cars. These comments are mainly based on the longer stage 3 which was over 4 mins long and is 35 laps of my longer track.

Mivsons WRX wanted to keep the wheels locked to the track surface, which caused it bind up on tight corners. It also lacked a little power which could be useful to try and break the traction

30464008384_ffc38545a2_z.jpg

Boss's Ford was easy to drive but it lacked rear grip which made the times slow.

31141565722_92c8902f45_z.jpg

Peter Gunn (Avant) Much better than last time. Still a little light which caused a few deslots over the bumps and a little taily in the rear.

30464027664_4bca7a920f_z.jpg

Cure99 A joy to drive, but just lacked consistency with a few deslots.

30478035313_41f61588d8_z.jpg

BenM Winner here last year with almost no changes and it was off the money this time round. The guide just wasn't as planted as it was last year so it had a few deslots as well.

30463804224_24951e828f_z.jpg

Alexis Hard to pick a weakness with this one. Drives nicely and has the right amount of power. Only thing to add would be guide stoppers to stop the car over rotating.

31170993081_184ab0ca1d_z.jpg

AMCC Easy to drive as always but sounding a bit rough

30477900243_d283d3f4fc_z.jpg

Peter Gunn (SCX) Huge amounts of torque caused all the drama. On the shorter Stages 1 & 2 I didn't go anywhere near full throttle. When I did it had a tendency to take the weight off the guide and it would pop out on corners or over bumps.

30478094133_dbbc3d8020_z.jpg

Gas Dominated the first stage and had his noise in front on stage 2. Great car but didn't handle the jump on stage 3 so well.

31176838231_ebd2b27aef_b.jpg

Mel's was driving as if it was on rails :rolleyes: Very strong

31285901185_3c04181106_z.jpg

Team Red Just another strong Ninco C4

30477862683_2d4f5ce065_z.jpg

Charles "Ninco Hop" X did NOT live up to its name this year. Joy to drive. I'm sure I've made comment every year, but I love to way it can slide through a corner, accelerate and keep the momentum going. The only thing that let it down was getting unsettled on the bumps on the straight and desloting

31141542942_2309b24b8a_z.jpg

Phil Bit of a wild one this one. Fast but a bit of a handful and unpredictable at times. A nice challenge to drive.

30917734230_7d7928e68c_z.jpg

Edited by Ben_M

Winners are grinners!!

Even though he had two deslots, Red still took the win in stage 3, Gas got effected by the jump too much which gave Red the overall win, just. Well done Craig and to everyone in the field. There were no bad cars this year, just fast ones and slow ones.

31159270772_25247c3ac1_z.jpg

30935285760_c88845c708_z.jpg

French domination!

30934953100_4da89e8685_c.jpg

Thanks for getting this Round of the WRC completed especially with the cable problem, thanks for Michael for his help.

My car is made for real men to drive! LOL. Just wanted to try something different this year.

Last year it was the French Pugs,this year the French Citreons, Fabian will be pleased.

Sounds like Codes should have looked inside the kids Pug instead of doing all the laps in the Raid car!

Confused Ben all the Ninco Citroen rally cars on E bay and Pendal's are anglewinders ( Pendal's sold out) been looking around at them 50609 Cezam 50658 Kubika and 50598 E-art are the only one's i can find and all anglewinders, is there a chassis you can buy then to make them inline would you know as i have no idea on Ninco cars.

So, for the Historic guys hanging out for some results, here is the results for Stage 1.

Much to my disgust, Cure has fitted a more sedate motor in his Avant this year, but, it has clearly worked for him as he scraped through for the win. Peter's ever consistent MSC was right up there too. As you can see, the times were very very close.

31168343662_a765ea9a3e_z.jpg

Hmmm, not a promising start for the big Porsche...

Thanks for running the stage, and looking to see if it improves on the next 2...

No worries on the cable, and I'm glad that it works...

Stage 2 for the Historics and there is a familiar name up the top of the sheet with a bigger gap this time. Very surprised to see my beast up there. It does lack brakes so I was having to get off the throttle early (maybe that was a good thing). It was pretty consistent which helped. Phil won the hot lap contest but it was very tippy in the tight corners. If I went too fast it would tip, if I went too slow the drop arm would get pushed up and force the guide out, if it all went well then is stayed in the slot. Once again some very close times, so don't be too disappointed if you are a fair way down the list, as the time difference is not much. Plus it was a pretty big shuffle compared to stage 1.

31189597652_d01555c039_z.jpg