Slotcar-Today.com Magazine

SlotsNZ

562093_298112423607178_686044461_n.jpg?oh=258df40b2d0d71e0b9dee5d984aaf045&oe=588F60C4albert-boet-slot-car-today-25771.jpg562093_298112423607178_686044461_n.jpg?oh=258df40b2d0d71e0b9dee5d984aaf045&oe=588F60C4

I expect quite a few members already follow this web-zine for news of the slotting world as I do, but like me, probably know next to nothing about the background and the person behind it.

Slotcar-Today.com is owned and edited by Albert Boet; who edits this all himself, hand translating it from his native Spanish into English. Albert is based in the Barcelona area, and is a professional journalist, A keen sailor himself, he writes for print magazines on both sides of the Atlantic in the motoring and sailing fields.

As I discovered when grilling him last week, Albert is a thoroughly personable guy, with a wry sense of humour, and like me, was born the same year the best chevvy ever was made. 'nuff said.

Slotcar-today came about following the closure of a magazine published by a company he worked at, and has grown to become the largest readership magazine in the slotting field.

A lot of his time is spent reaching out to the manufacturers and trying to get early information. Some manufacturers are more interested than others in the service he provides, and some are shall we say, not very organised in their disbursement of information to the market at all. Albert utilises a lifetime of journalistic skills, contacts, scours twitter feeds, other online sources, and often has to put two and two together to get the level of information to even assemble an article.

In the past, some of the information I have seen, has been so early release, I had as a distributor to seek confirmation from principals. leading me to suggest to Maurizio Ferrari on one occasion he should sweep his office for bugs !!!

Slotcar-Today provides a valuable service for slotters the world over, and a window into what is happening with manufacturers and the European slot scene, a great complement to Auslot

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: