2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Same today and I pay for the "Premium" service :angry:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like PhotoBucket is out to get rid of users from forums who are freeloading off their system. I received this message today:

WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING

PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*

PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN.

I signed up for free about 10 years ago and have, on and off, been using them to host pics which I post on the forums. Haven't had much use for them lately, so was rather surprised to get their email. I don't have that many pics stored on their site, basically only those which I post on the various slot forums, so not really worthwhile to upgrade. Don't really think too much of their dumb excuse to get $$$ from users who had signed up for what was touted to be a free service.

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Basically they get no advertising money for hosting this way, hence the cost...

I don't agree with it, but I do understand.

What they could of possibly done was to attach an ad to the bottom of the each image shown on a forum...

Then they could have done a "If you want 'ad free' image, pay for the upgrade" campaign.

Still would of been annoying, but at least images would still be arround instead of gone forever...

The photobucket cash grab extortion exercise shows how easily our beloved internet can be wrecked. I understand the end goal of a business is to make money however this is not the way to do it.

What if Zuckerberg turned of the fakesbook to people who don't pay $400usd per year?

This really disappoints me. What if the owner of the images is deceased, how does a dead person pay $400usd pa or move their images to a new server? I have images that are stored nowhere else, so there goes several shots of scratch builds etc.

My wife pays for dropbox for work and private use so i will of course in time learn to use that and update posts that are of importance to me. I don't mind paying for a product, afterall we live in a capitalist world. i do object to paying for a 'free' product, particularly at an ongoing $2aud per day.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I have images that are stored nowhere else, so there goes several shots of scratch builds etc.

You can still go onto Photobucket and download any or all of your photo's to your computer. Then upload them again from there via a new hosting site or method.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Peebucket has recently sent me 2 emails to tell me to upgrade blah blah blah and how much it'll cost etc so I deleted all my photos and uploaded a decent size gif link to a few albums and now they've sent me a 'welcome to photobucket' email.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have images that are stored nowhere else, so there goes several shots of scratch builds etc.

You can still go onto Photobucket and download any or all of your photo's to your computer. Then upload them again from there via a new hosting site or method.

Cheers,

Jan

Not if you're blocked out

Free amount of space allowed is 4.5 gig, somehow they let mine go out to 15.5 (must have had an account) still have plenty of room, only way i can access the photos from the site is by paying the $400us.

It'll take a while but i can repost from the new server i'm using,give me something to do when i retire

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I think this all just goes to show the downside of "the cloud".

There are lots of other services / IOT devices that are reliant on the cloud to function and when the business offering them folds, everyone's devices are bricked.

I prefer to keep everything "in house" as much as possible.

"No Cloud allowed"

Edited by Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Spoke to my son last night ( he's a real tech-head) and he suggested Imgur.com

Has anybody on the forum tried it?

Hi Axman, yes I switched to it over a year ago and find it very easy to use. I like that it has an app so I can upload photos direct from my phones library, and then post them from my PC later on.

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

I am sure Imgur and others will be waiting for the fallout from Photobucket to settle, then will be looking to introduce charges as well.

Who knows but that Photobucket has become the fall guy, be means accidental or by collusion , to shift the thinking of Joe public so he is softened up and ready to pay a lesser, more benign regime for hosting. [Did I seem paranoid, no, not at all, it's not paranoia if they really are ......] :)

That's commerce.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether anyone on here knows how to get my photos off photobucket and back onto my pc.

My old PC crashed some time back and I lost all the photos that were on it.

It really didn't matter as they were on photobucket so they were safe, or so I thought.

Now with all this BS about photobucket charging a 'small fee' ;), I'd rather p&*s them off completely.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt