Sign in to follow this  
shadow_rusty

Round 2 - Mount Rustmore

The Raid Trucks have arrived saftely in the nations capital, and we are well underway...

The Shakedown run was performed by me best mate on Sunday, and he was suitably impressed by the quality of this years trucks.

There was only one issue, the GrandKids Mitsu had 2x pieces of lead come free inside.

It appeared that they had been stuck in with hot glue, which had let go in the post.

A small amount of contact adhesive, and 5 minutes later, it was ready to rumble.

To shake things up a little, I decided that fate should decide the running order for the first heat, and hit the randomize button about 5 times...

Stage 1 was 30x 'double' laps clockwise on my Targa track, and this year, the voltage was reduced from 12.1v down to 11.5v (Finally fitted my variable power supply), and that certainly helped these big trucks perform at their best.

Unfortunately for me, I pushed way too hard with my own car, and managed to finish dead last...

The top 5 cars were all in a class of their own, and it really came down to which one de-slotted least.

Oh, and Codes has beaten you again Phil, so that's going to end badly for you... lol.

Anyway, enough drival, and on to the results...

http://www.users.on.net/~shadow.rusty/OzRally%202016-17/OzRally-T%2030%20Lap%20Race-2016-10-24T19.09.32.xls

OzRally-T%2030%20Lap%20Race-2016-10-24T19.09.32.JPG

Well thank you Michael

Seems the BMW likes to be on the main land

Congrats chas & codes for the top spots

Looks like 2 offs for my car a12 & 10 second lap

I guess, that's pretty good

Thanks for running the round

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

Your BMW really likes my track.

Makes me wish I'd spent a little more time on mine...

Also, it seems that the MJK shod trucks definately have an advantage over the KalbfelP shod trucks here...

That said, they were also more prone to tipping.

Interestingly, there were 3x groups of cars.

Those that would deslot on the 180 at the 'left' side of the track.

Those that would deslot on the outer lane at the bottom of the hill on the right hand side.

And 'Phil's Crew' that would deslot on the outer lane at the first crossover.

Made for some interesting driving.

Hoping that Stage 2 (Gymkhana Track) and possibly Stage 3 (Targa Anti-Clockwise) will be run tonight.

It feels a little slow...

Not sure if it's the gearing (I doubt it), the motor needs running in, or something else.

That said, it was probably the most consistent car to run which helped it's final position.

All of my ninco raid trucks have the stock 'raider' motor and 9/27 gearing.

If I was to change anything, they would be 9/28 to give a little more down low punch.

It's picking up the inside rear from time to time.

Stage 2 has been run, and I'll try to get the results up tomorrow.

Hi Shadow_Rusty.

My RAID is shod with Phil's tyres at least on rear. Not sure about front. Just something I had lying around I think?

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to Stage 2.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Mine to is shod with Phils tyres. We can see who got the good ones :) . Congrats to those on the podium for this stage.

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Eurethene tyre preparation seems to be interesting.

All the Raid tyres are from one batch.

I noticed that the Tasman proxy car tyres seem to vary a lot even from one supplier.

John Batich car certainly seem to get more grip from my tyres then I can.

Charles Bowler had too much grip down here in one stage,yet other cars were fine.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Michael has been lazy... The round was run on Tuesday, and I'm only now getting around to posting it up...

Now, there was a hiccup with this round.

2x Cars had to be re-run at the end, and their scores manually adjusted.

Their braids were not 'optimised' for this track, and they were losing power in 1 corner, and then deslotting from the rush when it came back.

http://users.on.net/...20.04-Fixed.xls

OzRally-G%2045%20Lap%20Race-2016-10-25T18.20.04-Fixed.JPG

Ah yes, I shall name your car 'Cocker Spaniel' as it loves to lift the inside rear. Control that, and it's fast.

Ps. No crew, just 'little' old me.

Firstly, sorry for the delays in postings / running...

Life has been crazy busy both at work and at home, and I've been feeling like crap to boot...

That said, I ran stage 3 for the Raid's on Sunday, got 1/2 of the way through, and just couldn't fathom why the Trucks were so much easier to control...

Then, I ran mine, and I was on 100% throttle for 3/4 of the track.

This just didn't seem right... I checked the controller settings, and everything was correct.

Then it dawned on me, I hadn't reset the voltage after running the Gymkhana track...

So, instead of running at ~11.5v, it was running at ~9v.

I contemplated ending the stage right there, but I finished the round anyway, and from what I can tell, only 2 cars were negatively affected.

Mine - SCX motors just don't like less than 10v, but it still probably only cost me ~5 seconds all up...

Dylans - It just struggled to get up the hill if you didn't exit the previous corner with enough pace, and again, probably cost ~5 - 10 seconds all up.

Now, the real question.

Here are the results, but, would the owners of any of the Raid trucks like the stage re-run???

If so, I'm happy to do so, if not, the Raid trucks will be on their way to their next event on Thursday...

For the Record, I'm happy enough with my position, and Dyl will be too as increased voltage will just increase the risk of tipping on his truck...

http://www.users.on.net/~shadow.rusty/OzRally%202016-17/OzRally-T%2030%20Lap%20Race-2016-11-05T10.22.34.xls

OzRally-T%2030%20Lap%20Race-2016-11-05T10.22.34.JPG

i am still mid pack and i found it ok for you to run at any voltage... you already make a good effort to run the event, so, if the cars were all run in the same 9v condition i am happy.

Hi Shadow_Rusty.

As Curef99 has said as long as all trucks were run under same conditions I see no problem. It was the same for all.

Well done SR. Looking forward to WRC and Historic.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks guys.

Yes Rossko, your track is the next stop for the raids.

So, I figured that I should take a few pics of the trucks prior to their trip to Sydney...

Here's the trucks out in the field for the fans to peruse...

But before the general populace was able to wander through, a few celebrities entered...

IMG_1365.JPG

Tom was wondering what gadgets were installed on this bowler to make it so damn quick...

IMG_1360.JPG

Daniel was looking to use hocus pocus on Dyl's truck to 'adjust' it's handling...

IMG_1361.JPG

Michael was trying to start a party, but only the gamer kid was into Johnny B Goode...

IMG_1362.JPG

Mr T was seen performing some repairs on Craig's truck...

IMG_1363.JPG

Peter was seen measuring up the Tourag, and it can be assumed that he was in need of a bigger on the inside car...

IMG_1364.JPG

Edited by shadow_rusty