Smallest Digital Chip Compatible With Scalextric Digital.

FIREWIRE1394

So I have myself a nice Caterham, and I would like very much to make it digital, as with a bit more weight in the front will be my fastest scalextric car by a long way. but the car is very, VERY small, the only place I can see fitting any sort of chip is hacking apart the passenger seat and putting it there. and then maybe making a cover of some sort to hide it..

The only place to fit the led is right in front of the motor. (Damn braids, prop shaft and gears take up the whole car.

20161022_212051_zpsxl6vq1x7.jpg

So what is the smallest chip I can get to reduce the amount of hacking I have to do?

Thanks in advance all :)

I think the f1 dpr is the smallest, but you will need to remove it from its case, move the led to a fly lead, and fit power wires.

Not sure even that will fit into a catterham.

I think the f1 dpr is the smallest, but you will need to remove it from its case, move the led to a fly lead, and fit power wires.

Not sure even that will fit into a catterham.

I know I am going to have to do some hacking no matter what, But if I don't have to hack the side or the driver apart I'll be much more happy.

I'll take it into my local shop and check out the size of the f1 chip (They still have them cause I don't have any F1 cars)

I just wasn't sure if anyone else had something even smaller.

have a look at this http://www.slotforum...ndpost&p=884561

It is not a caterham but small enough. Browse also that post where you can get some more ideas.

Hey, thanks for the link. I've checked out those forums a little and found someone who got an f1 in car microprocessor into the caterham without having to modify the car or chip. so I'll do what they did.

I am now just waiting for some stock confirmations from various places before I go mental. (I have 10 cars in my workshop ready to be chipped)

• 2 months later...

Hi

This car can be chipped with the F1 retro fit chip c7005,I've seen this done by Andy Wallace off ssdc fame some time ago,as been said the F1 dpr chip is even smaller once removed from its casing and even has the advantage of being able to handle more power in stock trim over a c7005.

The dpr option as already mentioned needs more work though as you need to place the led on a fly lead and add power wires.

Great cars once completed and enough liveries to get a set of 6 without getting the rattle can out or the sticker packs.

Scorpius Digital B)

• 1 month later...

The good thing is, caterhams are cheap as well. (comparatively) $50

4 months later and I still haven't done it.

I'm not the best at soldering at the best of times, and now I'm on medication that makes me shake.. I killed one car already so I've given up and still have tonnes of cars doing nothing.

need to clear the shed of all the junk and get the track up and going but too much other stuff happening.