Photo Hosting

Terry

Hi Guys,

In the past (up till a half hour ago) I've been using Photobucket for my photo hosting for doing things like posting pics on various forums, but......Photobucket has been sort of okay, but now its driving me crazy.

Cannot edit pics, way too slow, and I just need another free photo hosting site,can anyone help?

Thanks for any help...

Oh, please don't recommend anything too technically challenging, Photoshop (way too complicated) Lightroom ( just as complicated) I'm too old and cranky to try anything too hard, I know, get with the times old fella, yada yada yada, my kids tell me this all the time, and before you ask the kids have gone, too far away to help,

thats not a bad thing really....but I digress....

Terry

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok I have had enough of photobucket

so I am tying dropshots

so a quick test on uploading a pic

032059.png

ok that worked so will stick with it for a bit and see how it goes

Edited by David Carter

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Another option is to sign up for a free website.

Once you have that, you can upload your photo's to it with a file handling program that works similar to Windows Explorer.

Then just insert that image link into the forum's "Image" feature.

I've been using Photobucket for many years, and like others, it has become more cumbersome in its operation, so now I'm just using my own website to host the images.

:huh:

Steve K.

Garry, thanks for the offer.

:)

I've got my own little site happening with other past times, and slowly building that up, with some things will cross over, so simplest for me to have it all together in the one spot.

Edited by slotbaker

Steve K.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't checked. What i can say is whilst photobucket is horrible on my 6 month old samsung tablet, on my apple iphone se photobucket is adequately fast and doesn't make me log in five times. Seems to me their android version is lacking.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

if I need a photo hosting site I am using postimage.org

Its free and easy and a pleasant relief after the grief of Peebucket.

Thanks munter. I've also discovered how slow "Peebucket" can be of late so I've decided to give this one a try. It was quicker to work out where I was going than uploading one photo on photobucket and once that's sorted it's a breeze. No turning back now.

DSCF2865.jpg

• Upvote 1
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Which ever site you use do keep your pictures organised into albums or however the particular site does it.

It can be a real pain looking through countless pages for a particular image when if you did things right in the first place???

Create album....upload to that album...got it? I got it after uploading about 14 pages to Photobucket.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Which ever site you use do keep your pictures organised into albums or however the particular site does it.

It can be a real pain looking through countless pages for a particular image when if you did things right in the first place???

Create album....upload to that album...got it? I got it after uploading about 14 pages to Photobucket.

Thanks for the advice John. That thought didn't cross my mind and I hadn't noticed but the 1st photos I uploaded went to a default gallery and the Ponty T/A photo wasn't even in it. I think I'd uploaded that without even logging in although I've found it now and moved it to the right place.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 2 months later...

Photobucket has been working ok for me but now all 3rd party hosted images (such as used in this forum) have been blocked without warning. To allow my Photobucket library to be shared here and on other slot forums they are asking (demanding!) US$399.00 per annum. Crazy.

Podiums are for short people.